• 1 Post By Patty Smyth
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 2 Post By Darth Penguin

Thread: Former F1 driver Schumacher in coma

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Micheal Schumacher in coma following ski accident

Michael Schumacher, seven-time Formula 1 world champion, is in a critical condition after a skiing accident, says the French hospital treating him.
    The 44-year-old German suffered serious brain trauma, was in a coma on arrival and underwent a brain operation.
    He was skiing off-piste with his son in the French Alps on Sunday when the accident occurred.
    Schumacher was wearing a helmet when he fell and hit his head against a rock, his manager Sabine Kehm said.
    Early reports had said his condition was not life-threatening and he reportedly walked away from the accident complaining only of feeling a bit shaken.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Irony? He drives a car at ridiculous speeds as a profession and it's a skiing accident that takes him out.. go figure.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Jays, that's the first thing I thought of, too.

What a horrible thing to happen to him.

From this morning -

Chief anesthesiologist Jean-Francois Payen told reporters that the seven-time champion is still in a medically induced coma. He said the medical team was focusing only on his current condition.
    "We cannot predict the future for Michael Schumacher," Payen said. "It's too soon to talk about."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/michael...dent-1.2478759

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Rich people who live in the fast lane very often die from accidents. I keep thinking about John Kennedy jr., Paul Walker another recent example.

Too many famous people die or are injured living it up. Sad.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

January 1, 2014 10:47AM EST

GRENOBLE, France -- Formula One great Michael Schumacher's condition was stable but still critical overnight as he remained unconscious following a brain injury suffered in a skiing accident, his manager said Wednesday.

Sabine Kehm told reporters that his condition has not changed since doctors said he showed small signs of improvement on Tuesday, following his second operation.

... Doctors have refused to give a prognosis for Schumacher, saying they are focused on his immediate care. They are trying to reduce swelling in his brain by keeping him in a coma and lowering his body temperature to between 34 and 35 degrees Celsius.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

16 June 2014

F1 champion Michael Schumacher has left hospital in Grenoble and is no longer in a coma, his family says.

The 45-year-old German will continue his rehabilitation at an undisclosed location, they said in a statement.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27868787

Schumacher was placed in a medically induced coma after suffering a severe head injury in a skiing accident in the French Alps on 29 December.
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Schumacher "responding to treatment and will come out of this very difficult situation" former Ferrari boss

Michael Schumacher is responding to treatment and will recover, the former Ferrari chairman Luca Cordero di Montezelmo has said. It had recently been suggested that the condition of the seven-time Formula One world champion was getting worse following his 2013 skiing accident.
    Mr di Montezelmo said himself in February that Schumacher’s health was “not good”.
    However, the man who was Ferrari chairman when Schumacher won five consecutive world titles between 2000-04, offered renewed hope to fans of the German superstar on Monday.
    “I’m very pleased to know that he is reacting," he told Ecumenical News
    “I know how strong he is. I’m sure that thanks to his determination, which will be crucial, he will come out from this very, very difficult situation.”
    lecale and momof3heathens like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Thread Information