• 3 Post By Mia001
  • 2 Post By Natalka
  • 3 Post By Candini
  • 3 Post By Zonny
  • 3 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By toban
  • 1 Post By krissyhi
  • 2 Post By Insane

Thread: what does ''FREE SHIPPING'' mean exactly ????

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i know it might looks too obvious but,......shopping through the net lately i found out that Free Shipping announcement does not always FREE Shipping as we might think

some show Free shipping with a minimum purchase....same letter size , i don't have problem with it

but when i see

Free Shipping
    with minimum purchase of ( name different amount .....from 50 to 175 )

me being very short eyesighted.....might not see it

and how about these with ....Free shipping ....that you have to check their shipping Policy to find out if you (as a Canadien shopping on a US site) can benefit from it

+ i saw some when Free shipping for Canadian shoppers means they deduct the US shipping fees from your shipping (14.** minus 6.**) that still 8$ shipping.......sorry , i'll pass my turn

hoping i made myself clear and that it might help other e-shoppers

This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Mia001; Tue, Dec 31st, 2013 at 06:20 AM.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

P.S.
    to Nail Polish Canada and Reebock.....for their true FREE SHIPPING

Cleo, Old Navy, Lands End, Lise Watier.....for their FREE SHIPPING clear Policy and for their true FREE SHIPPING promo they have once in a while (sp)

if you have other suggestions, please feel free to add them....
    Natalka, ticul and torontogal12 like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I definitely agree with you - I like free shipping with no minimums like walmart dot ca, but sometimes I still shop from sites with low minimums, like well dot ca or amazon dot ca - both are $25.

I'll also take advantage when some places which usually have a minimum, have a special where there is free shipping with no minimum - like ae dot com or forever 21.
    ticul and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Forever 21 has specials with free shipping - no min purchase. I think same goes for Sephora.

Can always press CTRL + [+, -] to zoom in and out so you dont miss the small print
    Natalka, walkonby and ticul like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I'm a huge fan of Amazon. I normally wait until I have $25 in GCs from Swagbucks so I can get the free shipping, but some of the items on there have no minimum (often electronics or accessories sold by third parties, the shipping is free).
    Natalka, ticul and luckbealady like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I agree, too much fine print.

I stick to go to websites where I know the shipping policies now and I rarely stray elsewhere because of this. Bonus if I can return something to a bricks and mortar store if I need to.

My fave sites are the bay.com ($45 min with bay card)
    shop.ca (no min)
    well .ca (no min when shipping to buffer box inside 7-11/sobeys/etc)
    chapters.ca ($25)
    amazon.ca ($25)
    future shop/best buy ($20)
    banana republic ($50 before discounts)
    walkonby, toban and ticul like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with torontogal12.

I shop mainly at Chapters and Amazon (spend $25 for free shipping).

I haven't tried Nail Polish Canada yet (like the free shipping policy)

Sephora you need to spend $75.00 for free shipping. I only did that one time for gifts. USA customers need to spend $50 for free shipping.
    ticul likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, you are right completely.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Don't even get me started on shipping!!!

I live in Northern Canada, and what may be free for you is usually ridiculous for me! Keurig.ca Free shipping-for me $75 on a $25 order!! Toys R Us.ca is the same. If you can ship it to Northern Alberta for free, you can ship it to me for free. We aren't even an airstage mail area. We have road access! It's absolutely ridiculous. I often have to get through the whole check out process only to find out the "free" shipping is really $75 or whatever for me. Well, I'm sorry, you aren't getting my business if you are going to charge me exorbitant amounts on shipping for no good reason.

I use amazon, chapters, old navy ect... I know they have a min purchase and I'm okay with that. After all the shipping isn't free to them. They do have to pay to send me my stuff. But I'm not paying ridiculous amounts of money on shipping when I know darn well it didn't cost them that much to send it to me!!
    Natalka and ticul like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

http://www.fit4balance.ca/shipping_i...tion_a/265.htm
    Formerly New Balance Toronto-free offers applies to ground shipping by UPS and PO Boxes cannot get the offer.
    Around Xmas, free shipping is offered and generally into January>the time when people resolve to update their fitness plans.

Sometimes I think the minimum spending condition for the free shipping might have to do with the effort to have someone box, enter the items into the sales system, print off invoice and shipping label then close up/ready box for shipping. Also, if shipping staff don't have boxes of all sizes to choose from, then maybe the employer wants to ensure a minimum spend before having someone do an order bundle for a customer from the limited boxes available.

I'm curious what kinds of packing material you're finding with your orders-old newspaper, foam peanuts, popcorn, foam sheets, air filled plastic pillows or bubblewrap or nothing depending on item packaging?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information