User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: What supplements are you taking?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Luckily, now I take nothing, just try to eat very balanced, and I've been doing great that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Our doctor said the only off the shelf supplement worth taking is Fish Oil, which I take every morning with Vit D, a low dose Aspirin (also doc's orders), my sublingual B12 (I don't have the intrinsic factor to absorb it orally: I have pernicious anemia) and a few prescription meds.

Since starting Herbal Magic I do purchase supplements now, take ginseng a few times a week, B6 and others that I've inquired about the ingredients, but nothing way out there (I think the ingredients can be found on line, but I'm not interested, really)...I'll continue taking them until I've lost the weight I want to lose.
    Lynn, didn't you need to give your doc a list of the Herbal Magic stuff, so you'd have it, too?
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Feb 6th, 2014 at 10:10 AM.
    Candini likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Luckily, now I take nothing, just try to eat very balanced, and I've been doing great that way.

Lynn, didn't you need to give your doc a list of the Herbal Magic stuff, so you'd have it, too?
    Good morning, Natalka....Good point: I gave my HM consultant a list (of two) meds that I take for HPB, and they checked it against a list of products that they provide and it meant that one of their supplements isn't compatible, so they don't give it to me. As my weight drops, I'll be heading to our doc to see if I can drop those meds...healthy is better than taking meds to offset a weight problem..Amof...I should take my BP this morning and see where I'm at!

They're very thorough and I'm so happy to be losing weight safely so that I can live long enough to see our grandson gratuate high-school...or, dare I dream?...university?
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post

Thats the absolute best thing you can do!
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Shwa Girl, "they" can say whatever they want to, I'm taking my damn vitamins! lol As someone with a compromised immune system and who very rarely catches a cold, flu, etc, and doesn't get any immunizations but takes my C and D religiously, I'd say to the proof is in the pudding.

And sadly, there is no money in a healthy population so we can't have people taking cheap over the counter vitamins to keep em healthy!
    Candini likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't take any supplement yet. Because my doctor says its harmful for me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I will only take Melaleuca vitamins as I have heard the vitamins purchased in the store can do more harm than good. Your body can only absorb about 10 to 15% of these vitamins compared to over 80% in the Melaleuca vitamins. I feel so much better, more energy and rarely get sick!
    beckie.c likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I take vitamin C, D and multivitamins.
    Candini likes this.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by debilles View Post
    I will only take Melaleuca vitamins as I have heard the vitamins purchased in the store can do more harm than good. Your body can only absorb about 10 to 15% of these vitamins compared to over 80% in the Melaleuca vitamins. I feel so much better, more energy and rarely get sick!
    I don`t know what that is but thanks for mentioning it. Will do some research.

Quote Originally Posted by jhony117 View Post
    I didn't take any supplement yet. Because my doctor says its harmful for me.
    You must have missed my comment earlier.
    natynat likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    "Supplementing the diet of well-nourished adults with (most) mineral or vitamin supplements has no clear benefit and might even be harmful. These vitamins should not be used for chronic disease prevention. Enough is enough."

Lol.

Doctors are paid by pharmaceutical companies. Pharmaceuticals are a multi million dollar industry. Of COURSE they are going to say vitamins are bad for you. They don`t get paid if you are healthy and well.

Vitamins are in fruits and vegetables. To say your body does not need those is ludicrous.

Do your research. There are tons of documentaries regarding the fight between naturopaths and doctors.
    I agree. It is so scary...sometimes it feels like you cannot trust anyone. There's a great documentary that plays on the US Netflix called "Generation Rx". All about the pharmaceutical companies. There are many other ones, but can't think at the moment.
    Candini likes this.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Never seen it will check it out!

Anywhere you research (I`m not linking anything because it tells you anywhere) More people die from prescription meds than people who die from taking vitamins. And thats people taking scripts as they are prescribed, not even counting people who overdose on meds. The ratios like 3:2 000 000.

And ya vitamins from say Shoppers aren`t the best quality. They do work the same. Go to a natural health food store and pick em' up

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I`m going to start adding Magnesium supplements to my routine.

I did some research and apparently doses of Magnesium settle any anxious, depressive thoughts as well as irritability.

Not to mention I found them at SDM for $2 a bottle for 90 tabs, expiry 2017! Will let you all know how it works out

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it's great that people have considered supplementing their diet. Our bodies aren't built to absorb all the processed foods & GMO that is so popular in our pantries and on dinner tables these days.
    Last edited by Your604; Tue, Sep 16th, 2014 at 03:35 AM.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I take the Melalueca Oligo right now. Whether its placebo effect, or actually working I don't know. But I do find I feel more energetic and clear-headed while taking them I also take calcium and protein shakes.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm happy to hear that it works for you. It's hard to tell when it's a placebo effect that you're feeling but at least you're feeling good
    beckie.c likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm taking multivitamins and protein shakes too but by another brand. I'm doing it to maintain my health. I can really see & feel the results.

My goal is to maintain my health now so I don't have to gain it back later in life.
    beckie.c likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information