User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: Okay, 90% off Christmas Clearance at Target has GOT to be coming!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I went yesterday hoping to find some cheap holiday scent Glade items, but they were all still full price the other things (decorations, ornaments, bows, gift wrap, etc) were 70% off.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I found the Christmas clearance yesterday as they were marking it down (thanks for the heads up, OP!!) and I grabbed quite a few items. I was embarrassed at the cash to find out each one had to have the discount manually keyed-in, but luckily I had a very cheery cashier I wish the discounts would have been taken automatically at the register!
    torontogal12 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

Op- which target are you going to? I want to check out grant park today. If that is the one you go to if they have 90 percent can you post here please I am stalking the elf on a shelf!!
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went back to target last night after hearing about some stores having 90% off on bows. Still at 70 tried scanning bows but no still 70. Talked to a staff member and he said he thought it would be a week before going to 90%. He said salvage date is jan 18. He said to call and ask about discount. There is very little chocolate left and I haven't seen any gift sets. I to have been following the us target clearance and there have been a lot of crazy low prices on a ton of different items, for example Barrie's scanning for $.49. I don't see that are stores,have the same kind of stock. I see no Christmas ziplock, pj's, underwear, slippers, socks etc. I guess we will have to wait and see and hopefully people will post the deals they find. Even Christmas cd's were full price. Happy deal hunting!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Some nice Target employees working the night shift tells me that Monday January 6 is the starting date.
    Big YMMV, though. And this is in the Oshawa area.
    Cocovanilla and acosta like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I asked an employee at my Target when Christmas will be 90% off and she told me that the date they've been hearing is January 10th (she wasn't 100% sure if that was accurate though.)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    393 (100%)

I just called up target toronto to check clearance items % age they said most items are on clearance for max 70%

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    RRRLF $$ Astro Original Coupons gud on 750gm tubs or balkan style..

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cjethani View Post
    I just called up target toronto to check clearance items % age they said most items are on clearance for max 70%

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    Well now I'm confused since the store employees told me that when head office lets them know, they will do the 90% off deals. Plus in the Men's department, there are Christmas gifts in black boxes on for 50% and store employees told me there will be more discounts (70%) coming in the near future.

In the coats section for men and women, they are 50% off now and the lady working near the fitting room/returns told me they will go down more, but did not know when.

I am hoping the in store employees are right

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'm guessing since Target stores still have problems with stocking shelves (don't know how fast products sell in Canada yet), some locations have lots of empty shelf space and are not in a huge rush to clear out xmas stuff to make room for new stuff?

Probably store discretion?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I am guessing that the older Target stores with older inventory will have the 90% sale first. The newer Targets that opened this fall, with newer inventory may be a little later in putting things at 90%

ITA....my closest Target only opened in November so they didn't over-stock as much as some of the newer stores. The Christmas items cleared out at 50% and 75% off. They didn't have a lot of extra inventory, so they didn't have to mark things down to 90% off.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

still 70% @ brampton.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I'm guessing since Target stores still have problems with stocking shelves (don't know how fast products sell in Canada yet), some locations have lots of empty shelf space and are not in a huge rush to clear out xmas stuff to make room for new stuff?

Probably store discretion?
    That is a great point. My store is looking fairly empty and if they get rid of all the Christmas stuff...even though it is consolidated that is a lot of space to fill, and I doubt that valentines is going to require as much space as Christmas and it is a bit to early for patio stuff.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Kildonan Place in Winnipeg was still 70% off as of noon today.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

Thanks op. Due to the weather my van is frozen. Looks like I will have to wait till Tuesday.
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Still 70% at the Toronto store at Vic Park and Danforth.
    acosta likes this.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information