• 1 Post By xlxo
  • 1 Post By idiotcanuck
  • 1 Post By Moe Hunter

Thread: Internet Providers in Canada

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Internet Providers in Canada

I am new to Montreal and i am in search of a good Internet Provider. I heard about Bravo Telecom as a internet providers canada. Anyone used their services?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't live in Montreal, but I have some ideas you might want to consider....
    • are you only going by price? research internet speeds?
    • who was your previous provider? how many Mbps was the download? you can get save money with slower speeds, but if you plan a lot of video streaming (eg YouTube) consider a faster speed like 10Mbps or higher downloads.
    • ADSL providers have consistent stable speeds and security. Cable broadband providers will be faster, but may be slower during the evening after dinner when everyone is back home from work and streaming movies.
    • Consider bundling your phone, TV and internet for savings. Note, after 6 months, you might find the cost to be about the same.
    • Talk to your neighbors about their internet provider. What are there thoughts. Some apartments may limit you to what providers to use.
    • My fav site to check/confirm internet download speeds.... http://rimouski.speedtest.telus.com/
    idiotcanuck likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would look at Teksavvy as an option.
    CouponDude likes this.
    Sign up at Ebates.ca for a 5% or more cash rebate and cash rebates at most online sellers. Try Eyebuydirect.com for cheap $20 online prescription eye glasses.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I totally agree!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yes me too

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pretty much Teksavvy is the only one I found that was decent. But expect to run into problems with any wholesaler since they are at the mercy of the major providers.
    Last edited by zentro; Sun, Oct 18th, 2015 at 03:20 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah, Teksavvy is good, but for support you'll want to go through their forum on dslreports.com instead of calling them.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by firehawk12 View Post
    Yeah, Teksavvy is good, but for support you'll want to go through their forum on dslreports.com instead of calling them.
    Good to know.. everytime I've had to call them I'd be on hold for atleast 45 minutes
    I'd go take a shower and still be waiting once I was done.. aha

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by fearandloathing View Post
    Good to know.. everytime I've had to call them I'd be on hold for atleast 45 minutes
    I'd go take a shower and still be waiting once I was done.. aha
    You should Stop trying to contact them using old technology such as the telephone or letter mail.

Do contact them via the internet, I get general inquires answered quickly on their page on DSL reports (Link Below) also for small stuff their facebook page.
    http://www.dslreports.com/forums/all

Clearly if you’re a customer and are having issues use their Tec support page online.
    fearandloathing likes this.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjohn6985 View Post
    Internet Providers in Canada

I am new to Montreal and i am in search of a good Internet Provider. I heard about Bravo Telecom as a internet providers canada. Anyone used their services?
    If you want a good and reliable technical support go either with Rogers or Bell. All other internet providers don't have their own tech support and use either Rogers or Bell. Both of them have their negative sides but as for me, tech. support is the most important thing. And we changed quite a lot internet providers with much waste of time on tech support.

E.g., Primus. You have to wait not hours but days until they "decide" to come and fix your problems. Or one was from London, Ontario. I don't remember the name. Again the same problem. And so often interrupted internet. So, yes, go with "sharks" of internet providers - Rogers or Bell. Both of them are totally same.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You can add Telus to that list. I've been using their service for two decades and recently upgraded to their Optik service.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    If you want a good and reliable technical support go either with Rogers or Bell. All other internet providers don't have their own tech support and use either Rogers or Bell. Both of them have their negative sides but as for me, tech. support is the most important thing. And we changed quite a lot internet providers with much waste of time on tech support.
    Since the tech support comes from Rogers anyways, I don't see any reason not to go for Teksaavy over Rogers. I had to buy a modem from teksaavy to switch, which cost me ~$130 with tax. I now get way more speed and a higher bandwidth cap for a substantially lower monthly rate. The savings paid for the modem quickly.

Also, regarding support: It's not unusual for rogers service to go out while my Teksaavy service keeps on humming. They only share certain resrouces (such as residential and street connections).

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are a few options that will provide good tech support
    1) Teksavvy (pricing is OK to me)
    2) electronicbox (I've been with them for 2 years, and very stable, and pricing is great), in terms of free dry-loop, and unlimited d/l during 2am-2pm

For the below option, just based on price
    3) contact.net (they currently have a great deal right now, 29.95 for 25 download, which is AMAZING in terms of pricing, and free dryloop) https://secure.contact.net/promotions this promo ends this month

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post

E.g., Primus. You have to wait not hours but days until they "decide" to come and fix your problems. Or one was from London, Ontario. I don't remember the name. Again the same problem. And so often interrupted internet. So, yes, go with "sharks" of internet providers - Rogers or Bell. Both of them are totally same.
    Actually that's not true at all. Tech support don't actually come from Rogers and Bell. Each ISP should have their own tech supports as they are all separate servers. Which is why it is important to go with a ISP that backs their servers with a voice and have proper tech support staff, and good system admins. I have listed a couple in my previous posts that I have personal experiences with and very reliable and don't have to sell your first-born to get it
    Independent ISP just use Rogers and Bell infrastructure to sell their services.

Thread Information