User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: I'm Baaaaaack!!!!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hi all,

I've been MIA for the last 3 months, but am finally back to living. I'm still dealing with the sadness from losing my Dad, one of my best friends, but it's getting better. Although I still have moments - last night, I went to log into one site, but since the password was part of my Dad's name, I started crying.
    Here are the details of my trials, for anyone interested (sorry I didn't check in, but between running back and forth to the hospital, not having internet at my Mom's and my concentration being squirrelly, well, 'nuff said).

On Oct 4th at 5:45pm, my Dad called me (I check in with my folks a few times a day) and berated me for letting the critters starve - he swore he could hear their howls on the other side of the city (the teasing is what I miss most). A half hour later, he was in emergency, having colllapsed in the bathroom. Long story short, the family doctor stupidly gave him blood thinners without doing any tests, then in emerge my folks were left to their own devices while my Dad vomited 5 bowls of blood, before coding.

For 7 weeks he was in CCU. The nurses were awesome, the doctors not so much. Had one idiot doctor tell me my Dad was severely brain damaged and that we should put him out of his misery - she wouldn't believe me that he understood everything (he could nod and shake his head no at questions) even though the other doctor on duty and the nurses corroborated this.

On Nov 18, I passed out in the bathroom, my Mom found me lying in the same position as my Dad had been weeks before, so paramedics were called. When they arrived, I foolishly tried to get up and landed on one of the gentlemen. Poor fellow was teased mercilessly about girls throwing themselves at him. Spent the day in emergency, had 3 units of blood transfused (passing out was a result of haemoglobin being half of my normal, I`d gone down to 55). I was sent home that night, even though I was still in rough shape. 2 days later, I was right back where I started, had 2 more units of blood, followed by emergency surgery. My poor Mom was running back and forth from me to my Dad then home to walk the dog, then back to the hospital. At least we were in the same hospital. I was to have been discharged the next morning, but had to wait for an ultrasound. In the afternoon of the 21st, I was back in the room, was washing my hands after using the facilities (anyone who`s had an ultrasound knows the hurry-up-already-I-gotta-go feeling ) and took one step towards the door. I`m not a particularly religious person (yes, I`m Catholic, but respect other`s beliefs), not sure of the how or why the following happened. Everything in front of me went white and I saw my Dad in the distance waving good-bye. Apparently, my eyes rolled up and my Mom called the nurse thinking I was passing out. It only lasted a couple of seconds, and I was helped to the bed. I didn`t say anything about what I saw. 10 minutes later, a nurse from CCU tracked down my Mom in my room and told her they needed her to sign some paperwork, they were very kind to her in telling her. When she came back to my room, I already knew.

I ended up staying another day, cause I managed to catch some sort of bug and suddenly started to spike a fever. I got sprung the next day, then spent the next 10 days unable to keep anything down (still don`t know if it was a flu bug or a reaction to some medication I was given).

The worst part was that I was too sick to go anywhere, so we couldn`t really have a proper funeral.

Once I felt better, I had to arrange to sell of my Dad`s car. Had things set up with the dealership where we got it (not impressed with the shmuck who was more interested in checking out ebay than having a conversation with me ), of course that was before the ice storm. You guessed it, a tree branch fell on the car, shattering the windshield and leaving a few bumps. Sigh. Figured we`d wait til after the holidays (it turns out that my friend`s new bil has a dealership, and he was so very very sweet in taking care of all the details and helping us deal with the car).

We were lucky in that we were among the few who didn`t lose power for days (an hour here or there was about it). Xmas was memorable in that we ended up cooking Xmas dinner for friends and family of friends. Way better than the low key depressing holiday we`d anticipated.

Decided to wait til after my b-day to come back to the condo. The brats are sulking. They`ve gone from being spoiled rotten to boot camp (the 3 of us are on a diet). Tory fish stayed behind to keep my Mom company (anyone else have a fish that likes to touch noses through the tank?).

Slowly going through my messages now. It feels good to be back `home`on SC.
    This thread is currently associated with: Ebay

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

welcome home, andi

i hope things turn around for you this year. you sure have had a rough time lately.
    Last edited by heartgirl99; Thu, Jan 16th, 2014 at 01:40 PM.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Sorry to hear about all the bad things....but glad you're back!!!
    ....just be happy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Welcome back ((hugs))
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Welcome back Andi.
    DANGER

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Welcome back Andi, that was so much to go through, here take one of these and post me in the morning!

Better prescription than the Dr.s will give you, lol

So glad you are on the mend emotionally as well.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm here for the Survivor Pool

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Welcome back Andi. Hope 2014 is a better year for you.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Dearest Andi - it's wonderful having you back with us - you have been missed!

Name:  hugscomputer.gif
Views: 238
Size:  46.6 KB

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow, you have had quite the time. Sorry about your dad, your illness. I hope things start looking up for you in 2014.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Glad to see you back. Sorry about all you went through
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your Father, t sounds like you've been through the wringer.

Welcome back though, and take it easy, some of us still bite and I don't think Patty has been vaccinated

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Welcome back.
    Sorry for your loss.
    Hope the positive memories of your loved one fills your thoughts at this time and gives you comfort.
    Thanks for sharing your personal journey with us.
    (((hugs)))
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, Jan 17th, 2014 at 05:08 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Welcome back Andit,
    sorry for your loss, but i'm glad that you're ok.
    we really missed you.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Welcome home Andi. I'm sure things will get better for you!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information