User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Really Wal-Mart do you want to keep customers - UPDATED

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

WOW....Target looks better and better every day...have not been in Walmart in a long time, and plan not to unless, there is something special. I'd rather PM.

I think everything comes down to properly training your staff on policies and what they can/cannot accept. If your customers don't feel comfortable with their shopping experience they are less likely to come back...
    ticul, SassyAshley and momi like this.
    LF: Colgate Toothpaste $1.50, Huggies & Pampers Coupons

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I have always hated Walmart, but it seems like it used to be a necessary evil. Since I can now price match at Target...I don't remember the last time I went to Walmart. I never bought much produce from Walmart anyway, most of their vegetables were water logged and gross.
    DianneS, ticul, i_forget and 3 others like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I gave up on Walmart.
    With all of the BS with coupons and the attitude from the staff, well I am going to go elsewhere.

I make my way between my local NF when I am in a jam or need something that Costco does not sell.
    I know most of the prices at Costco, so I go there for most of my items when the price is right.

Other than that, I do not spend my money. I shop when I need to and buy what I need. This may make for a few extra trips to the store, but I am not tossing out food that goes to waste.

Being informed is the most important thing in saving money.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Fired on the spot for such a small thing?!? That can't be legal, can it?
    No they can't - three friends work at Walmart - all different parts in Ontario and one head cashier manager - she said it a verbal warning, possible retraining and hours are cut, then written warning, then fired. But usually they cut down there hours during the process and they don't do cashier work or floor work.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The Walmart hate-on seems to be rampant! I'm not a fan, either. I was skeptical of Target at first, actually a bit turned off. Now I'd way rather shop there than the WallyMonster. I wonder if Target's presence has made a significant impact on WM's revenue...
    Wouldn't it be great if cashiers were required to spend two months couponing (searching and clipping/tearing off/printing) before starting on cash? I'd guess the blank stares would be almost eliminated. Oh wait, better yet, WE could train them!
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    but I am not tossing out food that goes to waste.
    Oops. Have tossed out food that has gone bad.
    DianneS likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Ooops....double post
    Last edited by DianneS; Fri, Jan 17th, 2014 at 08:44 PM.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I rarely shop at WM as I run into many of the same issues as everyone else seems to. What irritates me the most though, is that my local Walmart seems to make it as difficult as possible to price match. Why the he** do they spend mega dollars advertising on television about their great PM system when, in reality, there are so many restrictions it's not worth the hassle? They won't price match anything from Safeway or Save-on-Foods because they are 'club' or 'card member' prices??? I can see Costco which truly does require a membership but we are just talking a free customer card at the other stores.

Add their predatory pricing, questionable labour practices and low grade produce to the equation and there are lots of reasons why I avoid Walmart like the plague.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well, in my email to Wal-Mart I did include that one would think with added competition (Target, Real Canadian Superstore) you would be trying to keep their customers not push them away.

I get the feeling Wal-Mart got a little too comfortable not having too much real competition but now that everyone is getting into Price Matching and a lot of places are becoming more coupon friendly I think they really are going to need to do some work to bring customers back.

I also included in my email that 90% of my budget used to be spent at Wal-Mart now it is more like 10% - 20% and based on my recent experiences this amount will go even lower.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Update added to original post including Wal-Mart's response back. We will now see what their next email says.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I am waiting for a call back myself about this exact thing. Price matching and using a coupon. This is the reason i come to walmart otherwise i might as well g where the sale is. They have lost a large portion of my business if this is a new policy the plan on putting in effect.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    SassyAshley likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Okay, here I am again. An retired employee of WM. The experieced people who have worked at WM are being phased out & they are hiring young people who can be easily intimidated & scared for their jobs. There are very few who will stand up for themselves anymore. Upper management, & the ones who are hanging onto their coat tails, will claw their way to the top at the expense of anyone including the customer.
    I had been in the retail business for over 25 yrs when I started at WM, & they didn't seem to know that the customer was the most important person who walked in the door. Inventory is cut, staff is let go, & people are threatened if they do not comply with the "Company Rules" Sam Walton must be rolling in his grave.
    When these things happen, demand to see the manager. Not an assistant, THE manager. If he/she is not available, ask for a phone call as soon as possible. If not satisfied, call Home Office. These people need to be reminded that the REAL BOSSES ARE THE CUSTOMERS. Without your business, they are nothing. Do not take it out on the cashiers, they are only doing what they are told.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nana2276 View Post
    Okay, here I am again. An retired employee of WM. The experieced people who have worked at WM are being phased out & they are hiring young people who can be easily intimidated & scared for their jobs. There are very few who will stand up for themselves anymore. Upper management, & the ones who are hanging onto their coat tails, will claw their way to the top at the expense of anyone including the customer.
    I had been in the retail business for over 25 yrs when I started at WM, & they didn't seem to know that the customer was the most important person who walked in the door. Inventory is cut, staff is let go, & people are threatened if they do not comply with the "Company Rules" Sam Walton must be rolling in his grave.
    When these things happen, demand to see the manager. Not an assistant, THE manager. If he/she is not available, ask for a phone call as soon as possible. If not satisfied, call Home Office. These people need to be reminded that the REAL BOSSES ARE THE CUSTOMERS. Without your business, they are nothing. Do not take it out on the cashiers, they are only doing what they are told.
    Sad but true I use to see this all the time when I worked retail.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    SassyAshley likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post

**UPDATE**
    I sent an email to Wal-Mart asking for clarification back, this is response I got back regarding my Price Match being denied

As of the ****** store we apologize that your coupon was refused but our Ad-Match policy states that we will match the advertised price of any competitor for any identical product but it is
    not applicable to clearance sales, combination promotions,double or triple coupons, after-sale rebate offers, preferred customer discounts, or random discounts.
    We have forwarded that off to the correct department and as I said if a call back is required please respond with your phone number.

I have now emailed Wal-Mart back including a photo of the Price Match I was denied asking for an answer in writing to tell me if in future I should be able to make this price match or not. Also explaining to them but I do not want surprises when I get to cash as I live on a budget and do not want to be forced to leave a portion of my groceries at cash due to "New Polices" that apparently their customers are not being made aware of until at cash according to my store at least.

I will update again once I hear back.
    "Preferred customer discounts" is the how they get around price-matching any store like Safeway, Save-on Foods, PriceSmart, because those stores have customer card prices. Pretty pathetic price matching policy IMO.
    Last edited by DianneS; Wed, Jan 22nd, 2014 at 09:26 PM.
    SassyAshley likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Somebody please clarify your price match policy for me! I thought that Walmart was supposed to price match ANY store across Canada now. My local store in **** was doing this then today I was told that they will only price match local stores. I was trying to price match Maxi (large chain grocery store in Quebec I think). I'm confused. I do quite a bit of price matching and couponing and try my best to keep up with store policies, however the policies (or maybe just my local store making their own rules) seem to change quite often. Frustrating to say the least!

I posted this on Walmart's Facebook page today and I am still waiting for a reply. Seems the rules change daily!
    SassyAshley likes this.
    PEACE. LOVE. HARMONY...AND COUPONS!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information