User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Really Wal-Mart do you want to keep customers - UPDATED

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Luck because I cannot get Wal-Mart to respond to me now either. It seems like Wal-Mart does not want to put anything in writing and what they do put in writing is very vague I think to give them a way out. They do not answer a direct question, I think they are really playing at their own system. Needless to say if I shop at Wal-Mart again for groceries (that is a big if right now) if my price matches are refused again for some "new" rule I will be making a large stink because I am getting sick of large companies changing their policies and than treating the consumer like we are doing something wrong. I try to follow all the rules but when they are always changing how am I supposed too and I do not need my grocery shopping to come with a lecture from your cashier on how I have to follow the rules when I thought I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Steffigirl View Post
    Somebody please clarify your price match policy for me! I thought that Walmart was supposed to price match ANY store across Canada now. My local store in **** was doing this then today I was told that they will only price match local stores. I was trying to price match Maxi (large chain grocery store in Quebec I think). I'm confused. I do quite a bit of price matching and couponing and try my best to keep up with store policies, however the policies (or maybe just my local store making their own rules) seem to change quite often. Frustrating to say the least!

I posted this on Walmart's Facebook page today and I am still waiting for a reply. Seems the rules change daily!
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How convenient that Walmart took my post off their wall. Anyways, the answer that I got from them was that their policy has not changed and is on the back of every flyer. I did read it over and it does say that they only pm local stores. Hmmm? Then why would they pm across Canada one day and not the next? I went today to talk to a CSM and the same one was working. She is actually very nice and I was glad to have the chance to talk more in depth with her. She said that it really is up to each store manager and that they had just had a big meeting 2 days ago and that the store manager has decided that they will only pm local stores now. So it seems that it is up to each store manager as to whether or not they will pm outside of the local area. None of this makes me happy, but I do understand that she is just doing her job. As for shopping at Walmart, I'm not sure I see the point anymore. Target is much closer to my home and I do not live very far from many other stores as well.
    Last edited by Steffigirl; Sat, Jan 25th, 2014 at 12:18 AM.
    SassyAshley likes this.
    PEACE. LOVE. HARMONY...AND COUPONS!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

today at went to the walmart at 1000 Gerrard Street East,Toronto, ON.
    first i pick up some clean & clear body wash they have on clearance, because i had printed some coupon.
    then i saw a glade candle value pack for $4 but when i scan the barcode, it says $9.98. Base on theScanning Code of Practice

If the scanned price of a non-price item is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the first item free, up to a $10 maximum. and the subsequent item(s) at the correct price

So i decide to get another one.

at the checkout i told the cashier that i found the glade candle pack on a rack say $4 but when i scan it it say $9.98

She scan it and told me that it is $9.98 and didn't do a price check (there's no other customers and there are other cashier there). so i offer to show her where i found it.
    there is still one more on the shelf, but she say the item is not put straight (crooked) and the code number is different, so it is not $4. Eventhough the other 2 is nicely placed straight at the spot where i took it before. And she didn't see the item code number on the shelf because all other place is full of other glade and air wack stuff.
    I ask her maybe she can speak to the manager on duty which she did but she told the story in their own language (NOT english) and i show the manager shelf. But she told me that someone (i really think she meant by ME) put it there, and said "one candle is $5" and why do i think its $4 for three candle (she think i'm nuts).
    So i told them i don't want it then.
    then we proceed to the checkout.
    i gave her my coupons.
    the manager took them and said "did you print it online and copy it?" i said "i print them online, but i didn't copy them"
    then she told me the barcode is same so i can only use one. i said "ok" and get the other coupon back.
    the cashier actually want me to give her a coupon, which i reply "no" (sorry i'm having such a bad experience i don't feel like sharing to you)
    then the manager look at my glade $2 coupons and told me i can only use one even though the expire date is different. OK.
    Then she said its only valid for $1 because the glade i buy is $1 each. But i just use it at food basic next door for 2 of the $0.98 glade spray and did redeem for $2.

During the whole shopping experience they gave me the feeling that i'm lying to them and is stealling money from them.
    AWFUL

worse experience EVER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by xueer246 View Post
    today at went to the walmart at 1000 Gerrard Street East,Toronto, ON.
    first i pick up some clean & clear body wash they have on clearance, because i had printed some coupon.
    then i saw a glade candle value pack for $4 but when i scan the barcode, it says $9.98. Base on theScanning Code of Practice

If the scanned price of a non-price item is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the first item free, up to a $10 maximum. and the subsequent item(s) at the correct price

So i decide to get another one.

at the checkout i told the cashier that i found the glade candle pack on a rack say $4 but when i scan it it say $9.98

She scan it and told me that it is $9.98 and didn't do a price check (there's no other customers and there are other cashier there). so i offer to show her where i found it.
    there is still one more on the shelf, but she say the item is not put straight (crooked) and the code number is different, so it is not $4. Eventhough the other 2 is nicely placed straight at the spot where i took it before. And she didn't see the item code number on the shelf because all other place is full of other glade and air wack stuff.
    I ask her maybe she can speak to the manager on duty which she did but she told the story in their own language (NOT english) and i show the manager shelf. But she told me that someone (i really think she meant by ME) put it there, and said "one candle is $5" and why do i think its $4 for three candle (she think i'm nuts).
    So i told them i don't want it then.
    then we proceed to the checkout.
    i gave her my coupons.
    the manager took them and said "did you print it online and copy it?" i said "i print them online, but i didn't copy them"
    then she told me the barcode is same so i can only use one. i said "ok" and get the other coupon back.
    the cashier actually want me to give her a coupon, which i reply "no" (sorry i'm having such a bad experience i don't feel like sharing to you)
    then the manager look at my glade $2 coupons and told me i can only use one even though the expire date is different. OK.
    Then she said its only valid for $1 because the glade i buy is $1 each. But i just use it at food basic next door for 2 of the $0.98 glade spray and did redeem for $2.

During the whole shopping experience they gave me the feeling that i'm lying to them and is stealling money from them.
    AWFUL

worse experience EVER
    food basics gave you overage?, that is something new to me....and for walmart, i think you should speak to the head office about the SCOP and I hope you had the names of the cashier and the manager that you spoke to. Also about that $3 clean and clear coupon, it clearly says one coupon per purchase per customer, so really you should only be using one coupon unless you have other people with you that they can use the other in another transaction.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The WM return employees and the CSM ( Customer Service Manager ) are usually the worst at any WM.

The store manager is generally good and when you escalate things to him , usually things get resolved.

The CSM is usually a joke , he/she is nothing more than a head cashier type of thing going on a so called power trip ..usually just making a couple of bucks more than the cashier or other associates. The Assistant manager's are not much better either

Usually things only get resolved when you speak to head honcho i.e the store manager or the head office guys at WM ..most other employees in WM don't give a hoot about their customer's . This has been my experience in most WM stores sadly

The employees probably get treted as crap too , so I guess they just remove it on the customers.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The best thing to do is to take WM flyer and PM elsewhere and give business to someone else, if you can.

I rarely shop at WM thesedays due to the crap service I get there.

When you complain to the HO , you get the usual canned response from them ..they think we are idiots.

You always have to follow up 4-5 times with the Head Office and waste your time before anything is resolved. Not worth it
    SassyAshley likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    food basics gave you overage?, that is something new to me....and for walmart, i think you should speak to the head office about the SCOP and I hope you had the names of the cashier and the manager that you spoke to. Also about that $3 clean and clear coupon, it clearly says one coupon per purchase per customer, so really you should only be using one coupon unless you have other people with you that they can use the other in another transaction.
    maybe the cashier is new, as she did go ask another staff if it is ok to use.
    i didn't speak to the head office, and i didn't get their names.
    yes the coupon does say that, but how many people actually only use one? the main point is she think I copy the coupon. I will be totally be fine if she just say the barcode is the same, so I can only use one. instead of saying I copy it.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ad matching at Walmart Canada-wide is on a store-by-store basis. All stores got the internal memo (they will not give that out as they do not release internal communications to the public) to allow them to do so, however, they were not told they had to do it, so some stores never did start, others started doing it and since have dropped it (due to many issues they were having - and yes, the scammers are starting to come out...no surprise there) until either they can address the issues they've had or until Head Office actually makes it policy, and then other stores doing it are still doing it (my local store is still doing it - BUT, the cashiers have been instructed to pay close attention to what they are being shown, etc. since there have been a few problems).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I'm not sure about Wal-Marts store policy...but I worked customer service at Rona for a year and we price matched there but it was a certain kilometer range to our specific store. So example we are in ontario, so a store like maxi (not in onatrio) wouldn't apply regardless of if you found a flyer on-line. Personnaly I feel the point of price matching is for the store to get you to their store instead of "such and such" down the street. If the store is in another province, or 7 hours away you obviously wouldn't be shopping there for the sale. Just my take on it, I don't think it should be allowed, unless the store itself offers on-line shopping If you couldn't get it if you didn't price match I don't feel the store is obligated to honour it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information