User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Zonny
  • 1 Post By c_mcarthur
  • 1 Post By Midnightly
  • 1 Post By GoJays

Thread: Michael's Arts and Crafts emails advertising US sales!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I got this email from Michael's earlier. My DS got a Rainbow Loom recently and this is a fairly decent deal on the rubber bands. So I went after work to get some, about a half hour out of my way on the bus.

When I got there they rang up $3.99 each. I mentioned the ad, showed it to them on my phone. They said, "Oh, it must be another glitch. People were here yesterday with an email saying our yarn is half price! Those email deals are only good in the US!"

So if they knew the system was screwed up yesterday, why didn't they send out an email to correct it at least? And of course since my kid knows I was going to get loom bands, I couldn't come home with none so I had to buy some at full price anyhow (which is $3.99 here, not $2.99 as it says in the ad).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Zonny; Fri, Jan 17th, 2014 at 05:43 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it is terrible that they are not honouring their mistakes (from what I can see the ad does not say USA only)... something about it just doesn't feel right... thumbs down on their customer service.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Lower down in the email there is fine print that says it is only valid in the US (not in the pic).
    c_mcarthur likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Michael's is notorious for this, my mom used to be a cashier there and they would do this all the time send out emails with US promos which were not valid in Canada and the cashiers would have to "handle" it.

There were even times they would email out coupons that were not valid, usually around the US Thanksgiving.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Thats strange, i kno someone who works at michaels and she was saying they recently lowered the prices of the looms to 16.99 and the band to 2.99 to compete with american pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

a part of me thinks they do this "oops" on purpose to get people in the store especially with how common it's sounding
    Zonny likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sorry, did not check prices on looms in-store but Michael's Ancaster, ON has the looms and bands right in front of the first checkout counter-saw it when I entered store. Noticed the store has basically taken out the magazine section from the front of store (now there is a vertical rack for about 10 titles on checkout one-no US BurdaStyle magazine-besides, it looks like the sewing notions at the back of one store is now replaced by fabric dyes/t-shirts.)

Since the ON flyer has the 40% off regular item coupon, I'd think the staff might have offered one to OP...

There's a small wall section of discounted Christmas ribbon, small decor and leftover Xmas items, if you want to walk into the artificial flowers section.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Since the ON flyer has the 40% off regular item coupon, I'd think the staff might have offered one to OP...
    can't have any sort of discount on looms or bands
    c_mcarthur likes this.

Thread Information