Like Tree19Likes
  • 7 Post By dariusz8
  • 2 Post By couponkrystal
  • 1 Post By canadascouponeer
  • 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By natynat
  • 2 Post By saveaholicmama
  • 5 Post By shanny.pants

Thread: Yikes!! Was just told target will not accept coupons if over the item price

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Went in to grab a few items and a cashier recognized me and told me that target will no longer accept any coupons that are over the price of item, ie: the clearance cover girl lip gloss 1.74 and use the $2 coupon, she sad they will not even lower the coupon to match the price.

Not sure where I should have posted this :/
    This thread is currently associated with: Target

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

should print their coupon policy and show it next time... they say "Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied." Until they change it there I cant see how they can go against it...

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My friend is the manager of this courtenay store. I've just sent him an inquiry as to why I was told this when the policy states otherwise

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Proof that it works from this week. Cashed out at customer service using the $2.00 cover girl coupon Name:  image.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  60.0 KB
    walkonby and CouponKitten like this.

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

YIKES that could be bad news. Hopefully it was just a misinformed worker. I'm hoping the official policy does not change because Target has become my go to store for couponing

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have proof too as I also did the cover girl and the air wick multiple times and I was told I was 'lucky' as it was the same cashier that rang those in for me previous

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Prob just a misinformed person. Did you ask for the manager?
    peachy1 likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I was told that as well...by the manager. I knew the policy stated otherwise but I just decided to walk away and take my business elsewhere.
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just spoke with the manager, he is looking into it as he didn't know about ' this new policy' lol

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

I highly doubt they will, this is a usa company owned store, hence the same coupon policy applies. we all know that target in the states will not change their policy to no overage coupons allowed, so I doubt they would here. from now on though, maybe all of us should carry the coupon policy on us just in case we run into problems. I personally think that us couponers are the main people keeping target open, atleast in my area because it is DEAD in the store. if they lose us couponers too...I think they might even go under like zellers
    Last edited by saveaholicmama; Tue, Jan 21st, 2014 at 07:33 AM.
    walkonby and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

I've used coupons that were more than the purchase price and overage was not applied in 1 situation. I think the cashier may not have scanned properly and gave me the 'can't give you more than the item is worth from coupons' answer - but other times, it wasn't a problem.
    Will keep an eye on this one.......

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Manager just got back to me stating they should have allowed me to use my coupons, and will be teaching all the cashiers the procedure!!
    Koolaid, walkonby, DianneS and 2 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saveaholicmama View Post
    I highly doubt they will, this is a usa company owned store, hence the same coupon policy applies. we all know that target in the states will not change their policy to no overage coupons allowed, so I doubt they would here. from now on though, maybe all of us should carry the coupon policy on us just in case we run into problems. I personally think that us couponers are the main people keeping target open, atleast in my area because it is DEAD in the store. if they lose us couponers too...I think they might even go under like zellers
    I agree. I've been in 3 times this week, and everything I bought was with a coupon. I've wondered about their store coupons though, whether they are releasing so many to help them compete with Walmart, and if once they bring in more money they may cease or decrease the amount they are releasing. I know that Walmart also has their magazine, but most of the coupons in there aren't store coupons and therefore can't be stacked. Regardless, I'm loving the great deals I'm getting this week using their new store coupons (also smart of them to release coupons with a flyer where most, if not all of the coupons are for items currently on sale)! I also love the fact that Target's store coupons are taken off of the subtotal so we save on tax a bit too

The coupons and the customer service are likely to keep me going back to Target instead of Walmart (and the fact that Target's closer). However, I know there are some people who aren't bothered enough by poor customer service to shop elsewhere, so Target does need their coupon-friendliness to help them keep customers coming back.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was told that too by staff who have been reducing the coupons since last spring. I mentioned the policy and they let me just to get me out on the store...
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

My mom just went in to Target to price match the Clean & Clear body wash from Giant Tiger and use the $3 coupon on it, and was not allowed to do it. They told her that they couldn't accept coupons on an ad match, and even when she showed them their policy they still said no. She was told that the cashier was "just told today" that she couldn't accept it. Not sure if they are starting to change their policies, or if the policy is just not clear to all employees and managers. There seems to be a different story in many different stores. It's ridiculous... whether we pay cash on an ad match or use a coupon, the store still ends up with the same amount of money. Makes no sense to me, and my mom told me that she was almost in tears from frustration of being denied something that is clearly stated as being permitted.

Thread Information