User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: Anyone having any luck in online dating?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not. Been using okcupid and been on a few dates but have yet to meet anyone I've felt interested in pursuing a relationship with.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yes... but only because I was looking for something fun ;-)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't know this was a dating site.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I met my DH on an online dating site in 1999, we've been married for 10 years.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Unfortunately things have changed for the worse since 1999 in the online dating world. For one there are far more guys than girls, and every girl gets like 100 messages a week so she doesn't even respond to most of them. When sending out messages my response rate is something like 1/10.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yuck. I hate dating.

My opinion is just talk to women and get to know them and see what happens. Do not just stick to "dating". I meet lots of great guys all the time, and I am not "looking". The best relationships always start off as friendships anyways.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I recommend everyone who is looking for love, to sign up online.
    BUT it has to be a paid site. The other sites can just be there for hooking up.
    The thing about online dating, is you have to be proactive....and actually use it.
    You have to reach out to anyone you are (even) slightly interested in. Because you never know where it will go and according to these sites, you were matched with them for a reason.
    WHATT, You aren't doing Swagbucks? http://swagbucks.com/refer/acosta22

TRADE:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/acosta/
    FT TONS OF NEW COUPONS JUST UPDATED

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am currently taking a break from online dating, I am on a paid site found a few matches seems like we have great conversations everything looks good until it is actually like are we going to meet and than everything seems to go downhill.

I am very clear in my profile that re locating for me is not an option (my job will not allow it), I am also very upfront with guys when we start talking but it seems like most of the time this is the reason we live too far apart and there is no future.

Not sure about there being more guys than girls, I find if the guy messages me they respond back but I find if I message them I am probably 1 response back for every 10 to 15 sent.

Lets just say if we had a board to share out stories of online dating I could have multiple posts and most would make you laugh or shake your head.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I've been on multiple dating sites over the years and I've seen it all. I've had good dates, bad dates, made a few friends, and met people I don't ever want to meet again! However, I've been dating a man for the past 6 months and we met on plenty of fish... we actually went to high school together but didn't really run in the same circles.

The thing I learned is that you can't get your hopes up because you'll just get let down over and over again. Go into it with a sort of "whatever" attitude.

When it comes to sending messages, don't just send one word... find something you like in the other person's profile and make a comment about it. Just sending "hi" doesn't get you anywhere. Be creative!

Good luck!
    anisa, lucy16076, Candini and 3 others like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    I've been on multiple dating sites over the years and I've seen it all. I've had good dates, bad dates, made a few friends, and met people I don't ever want to meet again! However, I've been dating a man for the past 6 months and we met on plenty of fish... we actually went to high school together but didn't really run in the same circles.

The thing I learned is that you can't get your hopes up because you'll just get let down over and over again. Go into it with a sort of "whatever" attitude.

When it comes to sending messages, don't just send one word... find something you like in the other person's profile and make a comment about it. Just sending "hi" doesn't get you anywhere. Be creative!

Good luck!

Ya! And don`t ask questions that the girl may have wrote already in her profile. Be thorough and read everything she wrote even if its miles long. Don`t judge a book by its cover!
    Lots of creepos just care about physical appeal and girls hear it all. the. time on those sites.

I`ve met a handful of people online. People who remained friends for a while, people I dated and yeah people I`d never speak to again. And that's over a span of like, 8 years.

It takes a lot of patience!
    i_forget, vesper and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've never tried it, but my cousin met his wife on an online dating site and they're perfect for eachother, so it does work.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I agree with not judging a book by its cover... Obviously looks are important (its what first attracts you to someone, right?) But keep in mind that sometimes a profile pic doesn't do people justice. The bf didn't have a really flattering pic up but he's adorable in person!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    anisa, i_forget and SassyAshley like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Yuck. I hate dating.

My opinion is just talk to women and get to know them and see what happens. Do not just stick to "dating". I meet lots of great guys all the time, and I am not "looking". The best relationships always start off as friendships anyways.
    That's true however in my case I am not normally in situations where I get to talk to girls. I work as a software developer and there are no single women in my company. I have no female friends. I am involved in some hobbies but they are overwhelmingly male-dominated (I belong to a kick-boxing club, a video games club, and a motorcycle club) so not much chance of meeting single women there. And I hate the nightclub/bar scene. So there is really nowhere to meet girls other than online.
    i_forget and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    You are absolutely correct, you gotta come up with a witty message that will make her chuckle but at the same time references her profile in some way so she knows you read it. It's hard.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Unfortunately things have changed for the worse since 1999 in the online dating world. For one there are far more guys than girls, and every girl gets like 100 messages a week so she doesn't even respond to most of them. When sending out messages my response rate is something like 1/10.
    i beg to differ! more men online looking for sex.... but when it comes to relationships, there are way more females than males.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information