User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: Anyone having any luck in online dating?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you and you will as well.

Quote Originally Posted by curt81 View Post
    Aww. You'll find someone hun.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I find airports are the best place to meet new women. Bad part is, they live in a different area, so it rather sucks. I think I've had more unofficial dates meeting nice ladies this way, than any other way. Too busy to ever email any of them, only one has really captivated me, but still, it is nice to enjoy a bit of time with a nice lady like that.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My sister met her boyfriend on a dating website. Within 6 months they moved in and eventually built a house together. Two years now. He lived not too far away from her.
    vesper and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My buddy showed me some of the women he is chatting with his dating site account. I cannot figure out how anyone can spend all day doing that. So much work involved and I think it must be filled with a lot of potential hurt feelings for most of them. I cannot do it.
    i_forget, frugal50 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I've done online dating on and off for years. I've met guys that are good to know as friends, and dated one for two years, but nobody I could make a serious commitment with. I'm happier now that I'm not looking for a romantic partner. I have a couple of male friends that I'm very comfortable with. They are both divorced and on their own as I am. Seeing them as friends without a romantic agenda takes the pressure off.
    Last edited by French Lady; Fri, Feb 21st, 2014 at 04:46 PM.
    vesper and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by French Lady View Post
    I've done online dating on and off for years. I've met guys that are good to know as friends, and dated one for two years, but nobody I could make a serious commitment with. I'm happier now that I'm not looking for a romantic partner. I have a couple of male friends that I'm very comfortable with. They are both divorced and on their own as I am. Seeing them as friends without a romantic agenda takes the pressure off.
    Perfectly said. To be honest, it feels like a set of comfortable warm arms just to read that. I like not looking just being.
    French Lady and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

It can be quite hard. I find the hardest thing is you are both on this site for a reason and me personally I am one man kind of girl even before there is commitment or that official talk as some say. For me if there is potential with someone I want to focus on that person and see where it goes I am not one to keep my options open or have many eggs in my basket. So it is hard because you have many people talking to you and you know they are also talking to many people so you feel like you have to keep your options open because maybe you are their backup for lack of better wording but you may start to have feelings for them.

I find myself which is why I originally decided to take a break it was becoming hard to be positive and hopeful. You where always waiting for the other shoe to drop and constantly telling yourself to have no feelings no expectations and sadly when things didn't work yes I was sad but deep down it was what I expected.

Have I mentioned how much I hate dating, but I am so lonely and would love to have that someone special. So let the fun times continue.

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    My buddy showed me some of the women he is chatting with his dating site account. I cannot figure out how anyone can spend all day doing that. So much work involved and I think it must be filled with a lot of potential hurt feelings for most of them. I cannot do it.
    lilo0003 and vesper like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All too often women stop talking to me once I send them my pic (happened again a few times this past weekend) and I'm just tired of it, so I don't bother anymore. Not sure what I have to offer women anyways. Being lonely sucks, but it is what it is.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Curt someday you are going to find someone who will love you for you.

I have had that many times as well as soon as they see my photo they lose interest or I get that line I hate so much if you lose 20 lbs I will go out with you which instantly turns me off. I refuse to be with a man where I have to worry if I gain 5 lbs he will leave. But on the flip side I had a guy who told me I needed to gain weight and choose not to go out with because I wanted to start working out again.

You cannot live your life to make others happy you have to make you happy and know one day someone will come along who will love you for you

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What a bunch of jerks (I'd rather use another word but I'll keep it clean)
    SassyAshley likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Just have to comment on some of the people my husband's friend has met on one of these sites.

-Just got out of jail after 21 years, can't go into a bar and has to be home by 5:00pm
    -hours before date asked him if he had herpes because she did. (that I think was a responsible thing to do)
    -They were going to meet up at noon one day and this person texted him 93 times that morning before they met.
    the stories go on and on.

That being said my cousin met his wife on Plenty if Fish. Been married now 2 years and expecting their first child.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am just going to play devil's advocate here, you cannot necessarily say you meet "bad" people online. I know on multiple occasions I have been told that you will only meet married men online (so not true and no idea why people think this) but speaking from experience married men will hit on you offline as well. Last summer I was working out front counter at work and a customer keep chatting me up, I thought nothing of it wasn't really paying much attention I work customer service it my job to nice well it was not until the customer came behind the counter and put his one hand on my back and his other hand on the counter beside my hand did I notice he was wearing a wedding ring which was on his hand about an inch from my hand. Not that I had any interest I do not mix business and personal but I than proceeded to very quickly send the guy out to shipping because I was just creeped out.

Yes I am sure there are "bad" people online but you could also meet these people face to face but for some reason everyone wants to talk about the ones who meet online and want to put everyone into this group which is really unfair in my opinion at least.
    curt81 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

My two cents after reading all of this thread. I tried online dating, and met a couple of people. Dated one off of icq for 18 months. I also tagged along as a chaperone to a singles dance with a friend of mine to keep her out of trouble. I wanted to show her you can have a great time, just girls night out. A guy asked me to dance, and my friend asked him to come to her house for dinner........ (for me). Not sure you follow this...........but, I had been single for 8 years and was not looking. We have been dating (sort of) ever since............but........ we are not meant for each other. He has two younger children that he sees every weekend.........and I really only have weekends free. He is a morning person...........like 5 am type,..............and I am not. There are many, many other reasons........... he smokes...............and said he was going to quit...........which of course that didnt' happen. Second time I fell for that one. Anyway, I agree you have to have your list of priorities......... even physically write them down. Don't let anyone tell you what should be your deal breakers. You, and only you will know what they are. Be cautious, but also be open to the possibilities. You can't expect to know you have found "the one" if you have no idea what they will look like. Just like you will never know you got somewhere.............if you have no idea where you are going. Failing to plan..............is planning to fail. Etc. Etc.
    Earn $50 a month with swagbucks

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/shellylynn31

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I am just going to play devil's advocate here, you cannot necessarily say you meet "bad" people online. I know on multiple occasions I have been told that you will only meet married men online (so not true and no idea why people think this) but speaking from experience married men will hit on you offline as well. Last summer I was working out front counter at work and a customer keep chatting me up, I thought nothing of it wasn't really paying much attention I work customer service it my job to nice well it was not until the customer came behind the counter and put his one hand on my back and his other hand on the counter beside my hand did I notice he was wearing a wedding ring which was on his hand about an inch from my hand. Not that I had any interest I do not mix business and personal but I than proceeded to very quickly send the guy out to shipping because I was just creeped out.

Yes I am sure there are "bad" people online but you could also meet these people face to face but for some reason everyone wants to talk about the ones who meet online and want to put everyone into this group which is really unfair in my opinion at least.
    Couldn't agree more. Doesn't matter how you meet someone, they could be either good or bad. Both of my exes, I met off the internet (not a dating site, but ICQ) and one was a total sweetheart and the other is..... well she hardly ever sees our daughter. Don't need to say anything more.
    Last edited by curt81; Sun, Feb 23rd, 2014 at 07:48 PM.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by shellylynn39 View Post
    My two cents after reading all of this thread. I tried online dating, and met a couple of people. Dated one off of icq for 18 months. I also tagged along as a chaperone to a singles dance with a friend of mine to keep her out of trouble. I wanted to show her you can have a great time, just girls night out. A guy asked me to dance, and my friend asked him to come to her house for dinner........ (for me). Not sure you follow this...........but, I had been single for 8 years and was not looking. We have been dating (sort of) ever since............but........ we are not meant for each other. He has two younger children that he sees every weekend.........and I really only have weekends free. He is a morning person...........like 5 am type,..............and I am not. There are many, many other reasons........... he smokes...............and said he was going to quit...........which of course that didnt' happen. Second time I fell for that one. Anyway, I agree you have to have your list of priorities......... even physically write them down. Don't let anyone tell you what should be your deal breakers. You, and only you will know what they are. Be cautious, but also be open to the possibilities. You can't expect to know you have found "the one" if you have no idea what they will look like. Just like you will never know you got somewhere.............if you have no idea where you are going. Failing to plan..............is planning to fail. Etc. Etc.
    so it's more like a FWB kind of relationship?

5am??!! that's ridiculous who gets up in those ungodly hours, what time does he go to bed?

smoking is definitely a deal breaker for me.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information