User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Wrinkles products that actually work?

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I`m starting to notice wrinkles on my forehead ! I`m actually so sad about it lol

I`m in my 20s so I doubt its from age but from being over zealous with facial expressions.

Do you use products or can reccommend anything that you`ve noticed has minimized them?

Aside from botox.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ROMEO and ecjackson84 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

it's never too early to start an anti aging routine

you might want to start with exfoliation and good sun protection. sun damage is evil, and is so hard on your skin. the sun is what ages our skin the most.

for exfoliation i prefer lotion exfoliators, because they exfoliate evenly and also have added benefits, like AHA stimulates collagen production.

after exfoliation and suncare, you would start to include products with antioxidants and retinol, but you don't need them in your 20's.

if you take good care of your skin, protect it from the sun, don't smoke, eat all your fruits and veggies you should be ok and not need botox until you are a senior citizen

i can look at a person and usually tell if they in the sun alot (even after the tan is long faded) or if they smoke, because those 2 things are brutal and really show badly on skin. they show up differently on skin, and you can usually tell if a person does one or the other.
    Landior, ROMEO, Angela273 and 3 others like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i use castor oil. a couple drops massaged into my face and neck (and my belly) nightly. i've been using it for a couple months and my face looks amazing. i usually have dry peeling skin in winter too, and although i walk outside about 5 miles a day i dont have any dry skin. i know its because of castor oil. women who use it daily say people tell them they look 10 years younger. theres lots of reading about it on the web if you google castor oil for wrinkles. ancient remedy, all natural, and i buy the bottles for 4 bucks at shoppers.

funny thing though is that its sold at the drug store as a "laxative" which people could take it internally but its awesome for the skin. no, putting it on your skin wont act as a laxative. lol.
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Tue, Jan 28th, 2014 at 01:23 PM.
    anisa, ROMEO, SharonMe and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

Omg I tend to be working towards a more natural way ...Though I'm not using them anymore, I SWEAR TO YOU.. LANCÔME BABY! I freaking love Lancôme...and as a vegetarian I morlly should hate them they are the worst for animal testing and they certainly manipulate genes and add to products ( such as the apple molecules in my FAVE mascara that actually GROW your lashes longer!)Lancôme face wash.... Here sweat the couponer gal should do:Go to the bay or sears-- not sephora unless you already collect their points I supposeThe FREE GIFT is given with a $34 -something dollar plus purchase the awesome mascara is exactly that price and worth it.... Also the face wash (I can only speak for the sensitive skin one but OMG) is about the same price and then you can try a months worth of creams in the free gift ( they are big)DO IIIIT... The face washes have the satacilyc acid that does a great job of taking off dead skin cells and I always notice a giant different in pore size after using that once a day for like a week.... And the creams...any of them...I beleive probably work because of the same kind of thing...so, no miracle that will ever actually get rid of wrinkles but essentially burning the old skin down to a lower level which makes it look more even wrinkle-free! I'm 30 BTW.... So sort of getting there...
    ROMEO likes this.
    HOHOHO ‘‘tis then season for trading
    check out my TL/WL fair trader, been out of the game for too long, small but HV list.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use an anti-wrinkle, anti acne cream made by Vichy then top it off with sunscreen by Lise Watier.

I am 36, but do not look it. I was ID'd at the LCBO last night (again) and people do not believe me when I tell them how old I am lol.
    Landior, anisa, ROMEO and 4 others like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    I use an anti-wrinkle, anti acne cream made by Vichy then top it off with sunscreen by Lise Watier.

I am 36, but do not look it. I was ID'd at the LCBO last night (again) and people do not believe me when I tell them how old I am lol.
    what we live for! lol
    Landior, ROMEO, Angela273 and 2 others like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Candini, you have to watch your facial expressions. You will notice what expression leads to wrinkles on your face. Try not to do that expressions for some time, and the wrinkles will gradually fade.

A peeling is a great thing,with the sauna particularly.
    ROMEO, Mia and wujun like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This tread is really informative for me.Please, share more information.
    Landior and ROMEO like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bodybyvi View Post
    This tread is really informative for me.Please, share more information.
    Well I`m happy you are entertained.

Would anti wrinkle products work on lines? I think thats what they are. They are like crevices from me frowning
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Coconut oil!
    ROMEO and Mia like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope I do not get bashed for this from the rest of you

I'm 36 and I noticed over a year ago a deep forehead wrinkle. Did not go away with creams so i got botox
    A very small amount. I made sure I done a lot of research and I have not done it again ever since
    It helped me. Now the line is gone
    I also realized I was frowning without realizing
    So I have a mirror beside my computer at work to check me out and replace my frowning with happy thoughts
    I now use a combination of pure vitamine E & mosturizer. I like the clinic gel dramatically different mosturizer mixed with Jamison 100% pure oil provitamine
    I was using it alone but it is very sticky
    I also make sure I do not sleep on my face like before I used to sleep on my side. Now I only sleep face up.

What you feed your body is also important. So I have for breakfast a green smoothie. Spinach frozen berries. Almond milk , ground flax seed
    I cook all my food and limit to very minimum amounts of processed food

I drink lots of water and where possible try to avoid coffee and have green tea instead. I would only drink coffee if Im very tired

I also walk everyday 1 to 2 hrs. This helps me to clear my mind and relax.
    If you are stressed out you'll see it on your face
    Using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am 29 and I have used numerous mass market products, which were supposed to fight age wrinkles. To my mind all of them do not work the way they should. Of course, they give some results: skin gets moisturized, it turns softer and more flexible, but they don't prevent from wrinkles appearence and don't fight existing wrinkles even in my age. I have read a lot about wrinkles removal laser techniques and I think it's quite progressive method. What do you think?
    wujun likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was told when I was in my twenties to "KEEP YOUR FACE OUT OF THE SUN
    AT ALL COSTS!" I took the advice, I wear hats all the time when I am out.
    BTW, I can't use SPF whatsoever, as I am terribly allergic. I am just sooooooo
    careful to keep my face out of the sun.

I am in my forties and am told I look like a teenager. (Personally I wouldn't say
    teenager, but certainly not in the forties)
    Last edited by maggiespice; Sun, May 4th, 2014 at 12:10 PM.
    Landior, anisa, ROMEO and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thanks for the interesting info ladies. I am currently 29 and have certainly noticed a line across my forehead and two small lines between my eyes. I know that they have formed because of the facial expressions that I make when concentrating. I am done a university degree and am now a teacher. I wear sunscreen and hats in the sun. I am fair skinned and careful about that. I am trying to get into the habit of putting moisturizers on my face...I know it is bad that I do not already have this habit.
    ROMEO and Mia like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

since you are only 20, I believe your skin can fix all the problems by itself, some anti-wrinkle products are useless and maybe too harsh for you. Just find your skin a good moisturizer, give up bad habits(stay up late,drinking, smoking), check your facial expression, and use sunscreen products.
    ROMEO likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information