User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Wrinkles products that actually work?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Personally I only use Nivea Soft. !!!!! Good item

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For me it is essential to use sunblock as antiaging tool. I haven't found the best one yet but currently using Vichy, Neutrogena, and Loreal. For softening lines I love NuVsio mineral balm. Its pricey but worth every penny. I also sometimes use Alpha-hydrox lotion. This one is cheap and effective. These products work for me because they do not through my acid mantle off and so I avoid issues.
    Landior and Angela273 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think I have found a product that actually works. It's by Nerium International. I have decreased wrinkles, pore size and improved discoloration to my skin from all those years of tanning.
    Landior and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'll be 65 in September, and have been blessed with great genes as far as my complexion goes....first rule: pick good parents!
    I have stayed out of the sun since my 30s, but still had basal cancer removed from my cheek somewhere in my late 40s. Scary as heck!
    I haven't used soap on my face in many years; I use the "Equate" brand from Walmart morning and evening, followed by an alpha hydroxy cream. I've been using an 8%, but will ask my doc for a higher concentration. Or, I'll try the Neutrogena brand, which is highly rated.

Check out the ratings here:
    http://www.makeupalley.com/product/t...=Find+Products

I've had Botox injections several times, but just between my brows, as I tend to look as if I'm frowning. I have also had lip injections, but will never, on this green earth ever go through that pain again! I have no idea how women go through that...I imagine they're well numbed or put out!

I believe that, within reason, anything that we can do to make ourselves feel better, is absolutely fine. But I'd only do it for myself, not because someone else decided it was a good idea.

Hth!
    Landior, Angela273 and krystall like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use an anti-aging product from Nerium. It really works!
    Landior, ROMEO and Angela273 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like this thread, I have used so many anti-wrinkles products but none satisfied me! Lately I discovered this essential oil blend recipe from “The complete book of essential oils & aromatherapy” by Valerie Ann,I haven't tried it yet since I haven't bought all the oils, but it looks like something that might work! The recipe:

-Neroli oil – 10 drops
    -Lavender oil – 10 drops
    -Frankincense oil – 10 drops
    -Rosemary oil – 2 drops
    -Fennel oil – 10 drops
    -Lemon oil – 3 drops
    -Carrot oil – 10 drops
    -Evening primrose oil – 10 drops

Dilute in two tablespoons of sweet almond oil and massage onto your face and neck every night.
    ROMEO likes this.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jane123 View Post
    I like this thread, I have used so many anti-wrinkles products but none satisfied me! Lately I discovered this essential oil blend recipe from “The complete book of essential oils & aromatherapy” by Valerie Ann,I haven't tried it yet since I haven't bought all the oils, but it looks like something that might work! The recipe:

-Neroli oil – 10 drops
    -Lavender oil – 10 drops
    -Frankincense oil – 10 drops
    -Rosemary oil – 2 drops
    -Fennel oil – 10 drops
    -Lemon oil – 3 drops
    -Carrot oil – 10 drops
    -Evening primrose oil – 10 drops

Dilute in two tablespoons of sweet almond oil and massage onto your face and neck every night.
    You have to be very, very careful with oils they can easily be skin irritants and cause breakouts and other problems to the skin. It's better to try only one oil at a time and see your skin reaction to that then mix that to another one.

Especially in this recipe I see lavender oil which is very famous as a skin irritant. And not everyone can handle neroli oil, it has quite a heavy scent.
    ROMEO, Angela273 and Jane123 like this.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    i use castor oil. a couple drops massaged into my face and neck (and my belly) nightly. i've been using it for a couple months and my face looks amazing. i usually have dry peeling skin in winter too, and although i walk outside about 5 miles a day i dont have any dry skin. i know its because of castor oil. women who use it daily say people tell them they look 10 years younger. theres lots of reading about it on the web if you google castor oil for wrinkles. ancient remedy, all natural, and i buy the bottles for 4 bucks at shoppers.

funny thing though is that its sold at the drug store as a "laxative" which people could take it internally but its awesome for the skin. no, putting it on your skin wont act as a laxative. lol.
    Castor oil is great for hair too, including lashes and eyebrows!
    ROMEO, Angela273 and krystall like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Use a good cleanser. I tend to try new products depending how my skin feels. I also use a 7X magnifying mirror to really see how that new product is affecting my skin.
    Exfoliation is important, whether manual or using a gentle peel. I've used MUAC lactic acid peel a few times and it worked and wasn't harsh.
    Moisturizing and sunscreen is also very important. I like Olay complete which has both and my skin seems to do well with Olay products. It takes time to find what works well with your skin. Take it slow and gentle.
    ROMEO, Angela273 and krystall like this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    You have to be very, very careful with oils they can easily be skin irritants and cause breakouts and other problems to the skin. It's better to try only one oil at a time and see your skin reaction to that then mix that to another one.

Especially in this recipe I see lavender oil which is very famous as a skin irritant. And not everyone can handle neroli oil, it has quite a heavy scent.
    Thanks for the advice Mia, I will take that into consideration.
    ROMEO and Mia like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post
    I was told when I was in my twenties to "KEEP YOUR FACE OUT OF THE SUN
    AT ALL COSTS!" I took the advice, I wear hats all the time when I am out.
    BTW, I can't use SPF whatsoever, as I am terribly allergic. I am just sooooooo
    careful to keep my face out of the sun.

I am in my forties and am told I look like a teenager. (Personally I wouldn't say
    teenager, but certainly not in the forties)
    Good for you!
    btw, have you tried physical sunscreen actives (titanium dioxide and zinc oxide)? Some with sensitive skin react better to those than they do to chemical sunscreen actives. And always make sure the ones you use on your face are fragrance-free.

I think the most effective anti-aging potion is a sunscreen with plenty of antioxidants (the latter prevents free radical damage from the rays that do make it to your skin). Sun exposure causes the majority of skin aging, so like maggiespice said, use a hat (preferably a wide-brimmed one) and avoid the sun during peak hours if possible (I love to exercise outdoors so I just make sure I choose the right hours to do so and apply plenty of sun protection and wear protective gear like a hat and a rash guard if it isn't too hot for one).
    I really can't say it enough, always, always protect your skin, even from incidental exposure. Using an affordable moisturizer with and SPF of at least 20 that feels good on the skin is the best way to do this as you are more likely to use it in generous amounts (you want to apply at least a quarter teaspoon on your face every day, and reapply if you are out in the sun for a prolonged period of time). Your skin is young and can repair plenty of damage if you protect it from further damage, so please don't worry too much. Smile, laugh, and enjoy your life

btw, on my face I use Clinique City Block spf 25 which works well on my sensitive skin (I don't use a separate moisturizer). I buy a couple tubes when they have a GWP, so it ends up being a good value. Also, Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II and Derma E's Overnight AHA peel (affordable and also fine on my sensitive skin--I get mine from well.ca) are the two most effective anti-aging products I have used. I get the serum when the Estee counter has a GWP--that way I get some eyeshadows, lipsticks, and travel-friendly sizes of my favourite products as well.

BEWARE of products in jars--the packaging will not keep the antioxidants and other star ingredients stable over time.
    Last edited by Landior; Tue, Aug 5th, 2014 at 12:56 PM.
    ROMEO, Angela273 and Mia like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would say sunscreen is a must even on rainy days SPF with PA +++ water base non-greasy one, and clean your face thoroughly every night, for me I use the ClariSonic. I'm also looking into ultrasonic face toning devices now it suppose to help your skin product penetrate deeper than by using hands, and massager your skin to improve circulation for the anti-aging effect. I want to know have anyone here use a ultrasonic device? Or any one who's interested in trying one?
    Landior and ROMEO like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use organic coconut oil (the ones you buy at a grocery) as a moisturiser, sunscreen during the day and sleep on your back to prevent those nasty crow lines from forming. Stay hydrated especially in the summer, take vitamin supplements and eat healthy.
    TooCouponCrazy likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Actually Skin cannot absorb the nutrients from skin care product for simply applying by hands. There are advanced beauty system that you can use at home to help skin products permeate deep into the dermis.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Do you have any information to support this statement reference the skin not absorbing nutrients?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information