User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Selling p stamps on eBay

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Check out stores that sell stamps but DO NOT HAVE A POST OFFICE in them. They are the only locations that are still permitted to sell P stamps assuming they still have stock left.
    Poirot and BC Gal like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

They don't. P stamps are good with the increase, you do not have to pay extra
    angel_2011 and Bronwen like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Check out stores that sell stamps but DO NOT HAVE A POST OFFICE in them. They are the only locations that are still permitted to sell P stamps assuming they still have stock left.
    Ty will try that.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As someone who works in Pharmacy, I can tell you there's a lot more that goes into filling your prescription than counting your pills....
    CrazyQT and Bronwen like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't think it's illegal. Collectors do it all the time, and technically you can sell your own property.

Buying wholesale with the intent to resell is of course frowned upon by CP, I'm sure, but it's their own fault for jacking the prices up so much and pulling the P stamps like they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    I am okay with their price grouching because I WON'T buy from them. What I really hate is when there's a natural disaster such as flood in Calgary or something and I remember some people were selling bottle water at $50 per case.

Was that the home depot or whatever? Because that guy was an idiot and a liar, he bought 24 individual bottles because there were no cases left and it cost him a ton of money. There was no promise that individual bottles bought in bulk would be the same price as a case.
    Bronwen likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post
    I simply cannot understand the big deal of buying a ton of permanent stamps in the first place.
    I went to a canada post outlet and specifically asked the question if these stamps will be honoured.
    I was told you will have to add the extra postage!?!?
    (I was not impressed as I bought a bunch of books as well)

So whether you buy the permanent stamps or not it won't matter. You will still have to pay the
    extra come the end of March.

I think then it was nothing but a waste of money buying all these books of stamps......not happy!
    P stamp = current value of domestic mail stamp. It`s worth $.63 now but worth at least $.85 in April. If I have money I`ll get a few rolls.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Unfortunately, I think they have changed the policy on that since more ppl have been doing that. And Costco will find every way to squeeze a membership outta u, they make u pay a ridiculous "day membership fee" to use their costco gift card. This is just so sad.
    Wow ..I didn't know that

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Unfortunately, I think they have changed the policy on that since more ppl have been doing that. And Costco will find every way to squeeze a membership outta u, they make u pay a ridiculous "day membership fee" to use their costco gift card. This is just so sad.
    What about when I go with my mom? She lives out of town but she has taken me in the past. She always ends up paying for me so I don't know what the protocol is. I think it has something to do with needing to pay with their credit card or with an American Express card or something like that, right?
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    What about when I go with my mom? She lives out of town but she has taken me in the past. She always ends up paying for me so I don't know what the protocol is. I think it has something to do with needing to pay with their credit card or with an American Express card or something like that, right?
    If she is paying for your stuff then no problem. You just can't purchase stuff. And when they let you go in with a GC I wasn't allowed to use my Amex because I wasn't a member Cash only (or debit)
    Bronwen likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post
    I simply cannot understand the big deal of buying a ton of permanent stamps in the first place.
    I went to a canada post outlet and specifically asked the question if these stamps will be honoured.
    I was told you will have to add the extra postage!?!?
    (I was not impressed as I bought a bunch of books as well)

So whether you buy the permanent stamps or not it won't matter. You will still have to pay the
    extra come the end of March.

I think then it was nothing but a waste of money buying all these books of stamps......not happy!
    That person was wrong, I work in a PO outlet and as far as we've been told P stamps will always be face value. You're not going to have to add extra postage.
    Bronwen likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information