User Tag List

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I know there is a free version of Turbo Tax out there and I usually use the free version of another program. But this year I'm going to be claiming medical expenses as well as business expenses because I work from home. I'm wondering if it would be easier to do my taxes this year if I purchased the basic Turbo Tax. Does it walk you through stuff better than the free versions? I know you would get better support for your questions, well, according to them anyways. I'm looking for advice on if I should stick with the free versions or try out the $29.97 Turbo Tax this year. Thanks for the help!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We have been self employed forever - sometimes with a couple of businesses on the go - usually with a rental property to confuse the issue. I have always had to claim medical because we haven't had coverage. However, I have tried a variety of the tax software and found that Ufile - sold at Future Shop (Basic one is usually around $20) is by far the best. It has far more capabilities and their help is always available.

I don't use the free one any more because I cannot keep a copy of it on my computer and just am not very comfortable with all my financials being out there in outer space.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Ufile is also good ..and its only $ 19.99 & it does 4 tax returns ..they have more expensive versions of it which do more tax returns..but for most households ..4 tax returns per software is enough

Staples has them on sale for 19.99 ..plus they have a 10 % customer appreciation coupon out there..so should cost you only 18 bucks if you buy that with the coupon.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    129 (100%)

I also use Ufile (personal reference, tried Turbo for 1 year but didn't like it).
    Happiness is found along the way, not at the end of the road

Let me know if you use my orange key 41741438S1 to open an count with Tangerine and I'll send you $25.00 coupons of your choice.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Thanks! I do use Ufile now but only the online version. If you buy the hard copy of it does it ask you questions to see what you might be eligible for? Or does anyone have any helpful websites to research what I might be able to claim on my taxes as a small business out of my home?

Thread Information