• 3 Post By Coriander
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 2 Post By Zonny
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By Samantha MacGregor

Thread: Wish we could use coupons at costco

Trading Score
    30 (89%)

I forgot to mention that on Saturday I picked up two tubs of Purex laundry soap 150 loads for $8.99 each...I have never seen it so cheap...If they took coupons OMG!
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco
    Patty Smyth and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

I agree! Coupons at Costco would be amazing!
    Come Join me on Swawbucks! It's an easy way to earn money for next Christmas! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Natalierose1995

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Plus I think they only take Amex card and no Visa or MC..so if you collect points on Visa or MC ..you are out of luck.

Almost all of Costco's profit comes from their membership fees and their exclusive tie up with Amex.

Not much from their merchandise..as their overheads are very high ..as they pay their staff the best salary in the retail industry ..unlike Wal Mart etc.

I believe their staff is unionised as well with good salaries , hours , benefits etc ..which is very rare in retail.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Wed, Jan 29th, 2014 at 12:00 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yes, and their return policy and warranties are awesome which they have to cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Plus I think they only take Amex card and no Visa or MC..so if you collect points on Visa or MC ..you are out of luck.

Almost all of Costco's profit comes from their membership fees and their exclusive tie up with Amex.

Not much from their merchandise..as their overheads are very high ..as they pay their staff the best salary in the retail industry ..unlike Wal Mart etc.

I believe their staff is unionised as well with good salaries , hours , benefits etc ..which is very rare in retail.
    Patty Smyth likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I've been able to use CO51 and SnapSave with Costco receipts

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Nice deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by frugalqueen View Post
    I forgot to mention that on Saturday I picked up two tubs of Purex laundry soap 150 loads for $8.99 each...I have never seen it so cheap...If they took coupons OMG!
    Um. They kinda take coupons there. Costco only flyer coupons. Plus, those yellow price reduction labels are the best -- it's like getting a sale at Costco.
    frugalqueen likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

The only reason I got an AMEX card is for shopping at Costco. I use it for lots of other things now, Visa is getting a bit dusty! I buy most of our food there.
    Shwa Girl and frugalqueen like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    The only reason I got an AMEX card is for shopping at Costco. I use it for lots of other things now, Visa is getting a bit dusty! I buy most of our food there.
    Hehe. Costco cashier dude was laughing at me. Paid with cash. Told him I only have "this much". So he has to stop when he reaches "this much". It was like a game for him -- get the most purchases rung through before my cash limit was reached.
    frugalqueen likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I worked at Costco. They are not in a union and their average mark-up is only 7%. The do pay their staff very well, and look after them with pension plans once you hit full-time position. They only take AMEX bc they went to Visa and MC and none of them were willing to offer anything back to us the consumer but AMEX did. I haven't been in a costco for a year now and I miss it. I never go shopping with a list because I always get more than whats on the list.. Just want to say I love all the samples!!! Lunch anyone?!?!
    frugalqueen likes this.

Thread Information