User Tag List

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree4317Likes

Thread: Frugal February-the sequel

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Nancy. same place and one bus route away. like i said just praying it works out.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Snacks Nancy. Make sure you have protein at each meal. That will keep you full. Some ideas: Greek yogurt, raw almonds, boiled egg, cut up veggies/fruit (feels more snack like) oatmeal with almond milk, smoothie.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Home with a sick kid and a sick me. I was the last hold out on the stomach flu bug that is running through our house. It hit me last night. What a nasty bug it was. Given I was sick and one of our daughters (who is an epic puker. Whenever she feels sick, she vomits), hubby stayed home so I wouldn't have to take care of her too. We are both feeling so much better. It's a doozy of a bug, but at least it only lasts a bit less than a day. Okay, enough vomit talk!

I called kitchenaid. I need to email them a copy of my receipt and then call them back in 3 days to see what they'll do. I'm so disappointed. I googled my issues and no one seems to have the same problem. But even if I can convince them to replace the lid, I don't know how to prevent the problem again (crap getting stuck in the plastic part of the top of the lid). I think I'd have to hand wash it forever.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Pulled Turkey bacon from the freezer so having that with eggs and rye toast

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Didn't spend a penny today. Brought my coffee, breakfast and lunch to work (leftovers. And made a quick dinner at home using freezer stuff. Had a pick up tonight so adding $5 to the crap sold jar Now to take some pics and post some new items

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Home with a sick kid and a sick me. I was the last hold out on the stomach flu bug that is running through our house. It hit me last night. What a nasty bug it was. Given I was sick and one of our daughters (who is an epic puker. Whenever she feels sick, she vomits), hubby stayed home so I wouldn't have to take care of her too. We are both feeling so much better. It's a doozy of a bug, but at least it only lasts a bit less than a day. Okay, enough vomit talk!

I called kitchenaid. I need to email them a copy of my receipt and then call them back in 3 days to see what they'll do. I'm so disappointed. I googled my issues and no one seems to have the same problem. But even if I can convince them to replace the lid, I don't know how to prevent the problem again (crap getting stuck in the plastic part of the top of the lid). I think I'd have to hand wash it forever.
    I know you said that you couldn't return to TSC because you used it but that seems like a harsh rule for example if you purchased at a store you could exchange it or get a refund no hassle. I would call them again because from what I saw on their webpage it doesn't say anything about small appliances, if they will not give you a refund perhaps call your credit card company and open a dispute or if you paid with paypal open a dispute, you have nothing to lose, 1 person may say 1 thing while another person may be more compasionnate.
    http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/go/returns#2

I've learned alot from the gals on here having just dealt with la-z-boy canada who offers no refunds and I got a full refund so the ball is still in your court.

Good luck
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

On the January thread someone was asking about PC special interest 2.5% rate-- what the time period. It usually starts for money you add in November or afterwords till the end of March or April and then it's regular interest rate that they offer. Keep in mind switching an RRSP involves paying a switch fee at PC Financial. Maybe a TFSA too - worth asking about that.

Snacks with protein are great - I'm totally with Frugalmama and green tea. I avoid gluten so I snack on rice cakes with peanut butter and a bit of banana; almonds are great and eating 10 or those and 10 raisins makes it feel like a treat. Rice cakes have a popcorn flavour ... I keep those in the cupboard too. You can get rice cakes for a $1/bag if you watch for the sales. And with the Pepsi spend $20 get $20 FPCs, it's even a better time to buy.

I always keep a bowl of fruit on the table ... I eat so much more and research studies show this true. Often have a bowl of carrots out on the table. It's amazing how quick they disappear. Snow peas (I'm the only one that eats those). Swiss cheese is the lowest or nearly the lowest low fat cheese so sometimes I have that in the fridge and just have a slice with an apple. Apples help reduce cravings.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    So I have been watching my food intake & food choices and let me tell ya it`s not cheap, I used to buy produce but not in the quantities I have purchased on the weekend and half the fruits are already gone .

I pm`d and purchased the cheapest produce available that I LIKE which is important gotta like it or I won`t eat it. The thing I find the hardest is my bread products I miss them, I used to love eating a whole package of Knorr Butter & Herb sidekicks (yummers) for lunch or supper depending on the day but no more .

If you are a snacker what if your healthy snack of choice? I'm looking for some ideas as I have been having popcorn in the evenings with popcorn seasoning (popcorn is popped from the kernels - no bags here).

Ashley you mentioned that you make oatmeal to go, so it's in the fridge and ready to go do you have a recipe for this that you could share with me and the other ladies if they are interested.

DS1 is anxiously awaiting the sale of his train tracks tomorrow, the lady is coming around lunch time so he will have to dig out the rubbermaids and bring them upstairs so they are at the door when she comes.

I also like Frugalmama need to take some pictures of some items to post for sale, should take them tonight, sounds like a challenge (lol).
    Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Snacks Nancy. Make sure you have protein at each meal. That will keep you full. Some ideas: Greek yogurt, raw almonds, boiled egg, cut up veggies/fruit (feels more snack like) oatmeal with almond milk, smoothie.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hey all happy anniversary to all my friends in this thread
    -went to pick up a 65th birthdaygift today-we were told on the invite not to bring any gifts -but I thought a 30.00 swiss chalet is a nice gift card
    then I stopped at sobeys cause-i had a bad bag of compliments muffin mix
    -got a few deals there -bragged about it
    -spent 4.84 on my groceries after I cashed in 20.00 In points - will getback 9.00 in snapsaves later from today's purchase

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi folks! Haven't been around as DH was/is dealing with a health issue. We had to go to London where he underwent surgery last Thursday and I spent 3 days in a hotel and had to pay for some supplies and food. Ca- ching!! We're home,thankfully, and spent the day cancelling a trip we had planned which was to start today.

We have some friends who brought us supper yesterday which was wonderful and generous enough to feed us again tonight.

I really appreciate all the hints and suggestions that people share here and the support everyone offers each other!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

So glad that you're back home and people are helping out. Hope he recovers quickly and smoothly. Nothing like visiting or being in the hospital to remind us how blessed we are to have our homes.

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hi folks! Haven't been around as DH was/is dealing with a health issue. We had to go to London where he underwent surgery last Thursday and I spent 3 days in a hotel and had to pay for some supplies and food. Ca- ching!! We're home,thankfully, and spent the day cancelling a trip we had planned which was to start today.

We have some friends who brought us supper yesterday which was wonderful and generous enough to feed us again tonight.

I really appreciate all the hints and suggestions that people share here and the support everyone offers each other!
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

On Christmas Eve I was driving to my brother's house in Kitchener. I came to a set of lights and standing there was a young man with a sign saying he was hungry. I had to help and gave him a $20 Bill. I hope he has started to turn his life around.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

On Christmas Eve I was driving to my brother's house in Kitchener. I came to a set of lights and standing there was a young man with a sign saying he was hungry. I had to help and gave him a $20 Bill. I hope he has started to turn his life around.
    When I was a teenager I used to do competitive swimming at the other end of town. I had transfer buses at the major shopping center and I used to see this homeless guy outside panhandling. He was there every single day. Once a month or so, I'd go into Tim Hortons and buy him a sandwich or a coffee or a donut. I also bought him some of those $1 McDonald's gift certificates once too. (both were right beside the mall) He was so appreciative. The gratitude from that man will leave a lasting effect on me. Something so minor for me made a big difference in this man's day.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So wise to give food or food gift certificates if someone is hungry-that way I always feel the money will not go to alcohol or cigarettes but for food. Last year DD and I were on a bus tour in Egypt. We had a big lunch and then later were given a bag supper for the bus ride back-there was a young girl begging outside the bus so I gave her my bag of fresh and healthy food as I was not hungry. She did not sit and eat it but handed it off to someone else and continued to beg for money. This told me that she was not hungry and that her parents or other adults just had her begging for money for them which I did not wish to support. Like others I would pay for something at the till if someone really appeared in need or just short. I have also given a grocery gift card to a friend who was going through a divorce and genuinely needed it. I have another friend going through the same thing now but I will need to see her helping herself a bit more and making wiser choices before I would do the same for her. Sounds like for all of us it is a judgement call in that moment as to what a person needs and how much we have to give.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

big hugs to you, sounds like you had a lot on your plate, wishing your dh a speedy recovery and before you know it you will be going on that trip you had to cancel. Well it sounds like the hotel and other expenses were expensive but like you and your dh know and we all know you cannot put a price on your health, so hopefully you slept well and enjoyed the treat of eating out or making your own in London and welcome back home.

Very kind of your friends to surprise you with a meal or two especially having been away from home for several days nice way to ease back into home life for both you and your hubby.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

There is something about the kindness of strangers that warms our hearts, so sad on Christmas Eve to be out there, very kind of you avoncallingu!

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information