User Tag List

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61
Like Tree4317Likes

Thread: Frugal February-the sequel

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Well after being without a computer since Mon, I`m back. You ladies have been really busy...I have a lot of pages to get caught up. The good news is...Ralph`s been busy in our house again. I was away all day Mon and when I came home I couldn`t turn the computer on. Tried everything...unplugging and plugging back in, disconnected all the cables, nothing worked. Took it to the shop Tues morning and picked it up today. When I asked what was wrong with it they said nothing...it worked perfectly for them. So I paid $28 for them to check it out. BTW Ralph is what we named the gremlin that causes unexplained things in our house.
    We have a 'Ralph' in our wall where the drain pipes come down from the upstairs. Ralph does a lot of knocking and creaking when water is draining. This is a new home and they'll get to fixing it in the Fall per the home warranty.
    Crochetlady likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

hmm well the "Ralph" in our home drinks all the milk and leaves the empty container in the fridge.
    Devours the jam by the cupful instead of teaspoonful on its bread.. practically emptying a jar in two days..
    Eats ever slice of bread leaving the crusts in a near empty bag.
    never says a thing.. yet is probably very thankful that everytime it goes to get more.. its always refilled.
    lets not forget the amount of water it takes to shower every day..
    I'm very tempted to leave a note for Ralph some day.

Dear Ralph.
    After having lived in our home for the last 19 years and eating pretty much anything in your path, enjoying 20-30 minute long showers and snorring away hours in days like they are no big deal, we not sorry to say but its time for you to leave.
    We'll glady pack your bags for you, find your first place to live and help you move.
    NO you can't come back if you get kicked out of your new home.
    NO you can't take our food with you.
    NO you can't come over and do laundry either.
    and DON"T call me either to clean your house.
    Hope your enjoy your new place.
    Sincerely
    the people you 'live' with.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well took hubbys sister out to tim hortons -also gave her a blender (we didn need)and toilet paper ,laundry soap and cereal and cracker chips-a bit of things to help her out well she wanted to take me to harveys for lunch and pay for it (I had 2 can dine for 9.99)a treat for how nice I am she said -ahh
    -then stopped at the library and home
    Crochetlady and Insane like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    hmm well the "Ralph" in our home drinks all the milk and leaves the empty container in the fridge.
    Devours the jam by the cupful instead of teaspoonful on its bread.. practically emptying a jar in two days..
    Eats ever slice of bread leaving the crusts in a near empty bag.
    never says a thing.. yet is probably very thankful that everytime it goes to get more.. its always refilled.
    lets not forget the amount of water it takes to shower every day..
    I'm very tempted to leave a note for Ralph some day.

Dear Ralph.
    After having lived in our home for the last 19 years and eating pretty much anything in your path, enjoying 20-30 minute long showers and snorring away hours in days like they are no big deal, we not sorry to say but its time for you to leave.
    We'll glady pack your bags for you, find your first place to live and help you move.
    NO you can't come back if you get kicked out of your new home.
    NO you can't take our food with you.
    NO you can't come over and do laundry either.
    and DON"T call me either to clean your house.
    Hope your enjoy your new place.
    Sincerely
    the people you 'live' with.
    Too funny. We actually tell our boys that when they hit 25 they're out....and we're pretty serious about that. It is enough time for them to get a university degree and we don't charge them room and board when they are studying. One of our boys moved out at 24 years and four months but he knew it was time
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Are you billed every month or every two months? We are billed for electricity every two months here in BC. I know that block heaters for vehicles take up a lot of power as well. One of our boys decided to put his vehicle on a block heater just so he could get into a warm vehicle in the morning. We soon put a stop to that once we saw our bill lol

Monthly. I'm sure they dont check the meter every month though.

Block heaters just heat the Motor so the oil isnt sludge andthe battery isnt too cold.
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Congrats on the raise and extra congrats on it being retroactive .

Super duper news sounds like you are getting a refund on your taxes and you are thinking frugally with respect to debt repayment vs. wants

I try to be. For the last 10 years I've put the majority of my income tax to my student loan. Last year i put some into a TFSA to kick start it.
    Crochetlady likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Have 2 more sales of our junk pending Will be able to post a crap load the end of this week when I get my new gift I bought for myself for my birthday Can't figure out from new computer and using too much data on my phone when it works. Just cleaning up my bins and getting things organized for when I'm ready to post. Want my space back! And some empty Rubbermaid bins so I can store Christmas gifts etc
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Too funny. We actually tell our boys that when they hit 25 they're out....and we're pretty serious about that. It is enough time for them to get a university degree and we don't charge them room and board when they are studying. One of our boys moved out at 24 years and four months but he knew it was time
    My parents said we were free to live at home as long as we were in school. After that we had a year then had to pay rent. My brother is the only one to last that long. And really, at that point, he was just sleeping and eating there, so it was time too.

My parents have always let us move back when things have gotten tight or we were between places-as long as we were in school!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks to all... Appreciable work.

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61

Thread Information