User Tag List

Page 16 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree4317Likes

Thread: Frugal February-the sequel

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Yeah today is half over.

Trying to find out if Mom will be home for dinner, either way I have out what we are having if she is not home I will save half the dough and probably make a dessert pizza with it sometime later in the weekend for a nice dessert since we almost never have dessert.

Now to start the count down until I get to leave.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -I feel I am in abit of a depressed state -its coming up a year soon in march since my mom passed an I am reflecting on that-ittletings like I as watching a mid-wife show on netficks and the music and clothing reflected the 50's nd iwas thnking he was pregnant with me in 58then I had a little cry

-so happy to go see "ashlyn" toight tho -so I have my moments they come and go-of course this winter doesnt help-cant walk too cold -or snowing like crazy half the time
    Coupon girl the only thing that I can say to you is that it will get easier....
    Time my dear is a great healer, I know it might sound like a cliche but believe me it's not....

This month will be 16 years (wow where has the time gone?) since I lost "My Mom"....
    And losing her has been one of the most painful things in my life....
    But all these years later I can tell you that I'm fine....
    I still do miss her like crazy (nothing can ever change that) especially this month as it's the anniversary of her death....But I'll do what I've been doing for the last 16 years....I'll go to church light a candle in her memory, and I'll just sit and remember....Remember every thing that we shared....I'll laugh, because some of it is funny....I'll cry because I miss her....But most importantly I'll honour her with my memories and reflections of her and us together.
    Then I'll come home and tell my family that it's the anniversary of her death....they'll ask me if I'm ok. I'll say yes (because I am now) they'll tell me that they love me, hug and kiss me and go on with their day/life.
    Then in a couple of months when it's her birthday I'll tell them, hey it would have been my Mom's birthday today, they'll ask me how old she would have been? I'll tell them 108, they say wow! that's old, and then go on with their day/life.
    And then I'll carry her in my heart....until the next anniversary.

You see the thing about life is that it keeps on moving....
    Things might happen in life like the lost of your Mom last year, but it kept moving and later in the year you got a brand new grand daughter (you lost one but you gained one).
    That is what I learnt 16 years ago. My lost is my lost, and it's ok to grieve her, but my life goes on, and I've got a wonderful family to love on, just like my Mom loved on me, and that is how I honour her, in trying to be the awesome and amazing Mother/person that she was.
    Cheer up my friend....love on your family....the way your Mom loved on you.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

WOW LTUC.. nicely said.

could someone PLEASE send me some energy I have so much to do.. and feel like crap. I so want to go back to bed. that ain't happening.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    QOTD? Do you buy bottled water and why or why not?

I personally don't buy the cases of water bottles as our drinking water is safe so it seems like an unnecessary expense and a hassle lugging it home. But I see lots of people carrying heavy cases of water bottles out of the store so I am curious to know why other's choose to buy it
    I buy bottle water....truth is I won't drink water from the tap unless it's boiled for tea/juice.
    I've taste water from the tap, and I've tasted the bottle water, and the water from the tap has a taste, one that I don't like, so we buy bottle water to drink, and if we're making juice we boil the tap water first and put it to cool, then make our juice.
    I tried the Brita system years ago, actually I still have it and some refilled, but found it made no difference, so we didn't use it for long.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Mrs. S great for you to email a bride you just never know (fingers crossed), these deco wreaths could also serve as centre pieces on dinner tables

@ Mrs. S, saw this on pintrest and thought I would share I find this one so pretty for Easter and the price

here is the link for pintrest some of which I am sure you have already seen my friend but thought I would share. http://www.pinterest.com/mardigrasou...esh-creations/

Last edited by jasperandchar; Fri, Feb 7th, 2014 at 01:30 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am with you, just looked at my co worker and said I think I am going to fall asleep.

2.5 Hours to go.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    WOW LTUC.. nicely said.

could someone PLEASE send me some energy I have so much to do.. and feel like crap. I so want to go back to bed. that ain't happening.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We used the Brita at our old house and I said it make no difference and my mom thought I was insane. Nice to see I am not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    I buy bottle water....truth is I won't drink water from the tap unless it's boiled for tea/juice.
    I've taste water from the tap, and I've tasted the bottle water, and the water from the tap has a taste, one that I don't like, so we buy bottle water to drink, and if we're making juice we boil the tap water first and put it to cool, then make our juice.
    I tried the Brita system years ago, actually I still have it and some refilled, but found it made no difference, so we didn't use it for long.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Ashley the day will be over soon, may the next 2.5 hours fly by

@ Mrs. S hope you get tons of your projects done before your big event

@ LuvToUseCoupons - well said about your mother, very touching but very true I imagine

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend may it be filled with frugal shopping or frugal events

DH was home again today so we decided to go and get our blood work done (I'm a scaredy cat) oh well, made a thermos of coffee, made some toast for dh and pack myself 2 hard boiled eggs, a pear and apple for us to enjoy after our blood work. Dh was teasing me about the picnic and I said hey this will save us atleast $7.00 instead of going to Tim Horton's and plus because I'm a diet I told need to see him wolf down a Panini .

The I purchase a large wicker fruit bowl for $5.00 off a facebook group as my fruit bowl could not hold all my fruits (I don't like cold fruit) and then we came home and lived frugally ever after atleast for the rest of the day

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good for you Nancy!!!! I have many times packed my snacks and pulled out a yogurt, apple and almonds during one of DS's hockey games while everyone else scarfed back poutine! I wanted poutine sometimes lol but was satisfied with my healthy food Planning is the key to live a healthy lifestyle

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

luvtousecoupons so nicely said -I am so loving my family went to visit "ashlyn" last night stayed for 3 hours
    -my daughter is coming in on sat-her hubby will stay at his aunts drinking (his cousins 25th birthday)and she -my daughter wants peace and quiet so she is coming to our house to sleep over -she has a job interview on monday and she wants to prepare herself
    -we have a 65th birthday to go to-but we wont stay that long -may fit in time to see my daughter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

natalka hope you are feeling better hon -take care of your back

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    WOW LTUC.. nicely said.

Did you get your new mattresses yet and did you end up finding the time to get the bed rails for the beds?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bekki3 View Post
    I went to SDM last night to get milk... $4.29??? When did that happen?! Guess when I'm at the grocery store loading up I just grab the milk without paying attention to the price... but I noticed it last night!
    bekki3 WELCOME TO THE THREAD!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Nancy congrats on the weight loss!!!I have been doing the weight loss thread but have been absent for a couple of weeks...just taking a break.

Have a great weekend everyone.. the weekend is almost here!! I can;t wait to watch the opening Olympic ceremonies tomorrow night!! Will be a frugal one here I plan on sticking close to home and getting lots of organizing and cleaning done while watching as much of the olymics as I can!!! I have a project for next week that may take a bit out of the budget but I am excited about starting it. I am going to make an upholstered headboard.I am thinking about this one or maybe another one that isn't quite so frufru!!

thanks

Enjoy your Olympics and your weekend of doing the things that you have been wanting to get done as you have been working your buns off ( get it you work at a bakery) but seriously you deserve the time off and that head board is beautiful, what color are doing making yours?

PS maybe I will see you in the weight loss thread once things slow down and get back to normal in life
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Fri, Feb 7th, 2014 at 02:07 PM.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

thanks for the link Nancy..
    wow that wreath is $$$... mine are now where near that $$ yet..
    hmm center pieces. something maybe to consider.. would have to be a smaller version. and all sides would have to be well covered.

we got our mattresses this morning with our Kobo.
    dh got 2 sets a few weeks ago at our local SA.

I remember when the kids were smaller I always packed goodies. if we stopped everytime they said 'im hungry or thirtsy' my word..
    If were going on a trip I pack a few things. only in the summer.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 16 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information