User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree346Likes

Thread: "It's not worth my time to coupon"???

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post
    I have to add yet another reason why some don't coupon:

Because you have done it SO much in the past that you get utterly sick of it and can't bring yourself to look at them anymore.....
    This is me!!!!!!!!!! (I may use coupons a couple times a year- I can't even be bothered using the FPC when they come in the mail. With going through years of hassle from cashiers, spending countless hours on coupons, etc, yup, I can say I am all couponed out!)

Bottom Line: Don't let this happen to you! LOL!
    same. I honestly can't be bothered to save 50 cents on shampoo. I still grab stuff on sale but ya.. So over coupons.
    maggiespice, torontogal12 and momi like this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I've had that happen before. They said they were embarrassed or watever to use coupons... Well I guess they will keep paying full price and not have the money they could of saved for other things ... Or make life a bit more comfortable if they r spending more than their pay cheques.

I've also mentioned Otto another co-worker who was dealing with VISA when she lost her job and couldn't find another for 6 months. She said if she had more time. I said if u really wanna save $ you will MAKE time.

Then there r also lazy couponers that won't do the leg work to get the coupons they need.

To each of their own
    If others don't wanna that means more of a chance if u scooping up deals

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

I personally, could not care less if a person chooses to coupon or not. My real issue is when I make a suggestion that I feel will benefit someone ie using/offering a coupon and the person gives me a nasty response as if I am trying to harm them in some way. Okay, you don't have to follow my advice/use my coupon, but at least have the respect to say it in a polite way. One time I offered someone a $5 coupon for anything in Canadian Tire and they rejected my so brutally as if I was somehow trying to scam them. It's not like I was offering it with a condescending or patronizing tone either, it was a very friendly offer. Do people not have the decency to decline advice in a polite manner?

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

So many reasons to save...like a member mentionned, I also think you have to be ready and willing to learn and like anything else that is when it will make sense and making time just comes naturaly.
    Last edited by oscarandme; Wed, Feb 5th, 2014 at 04:11 AM.
    macw1960, sam786 and momi like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

to each their own I guess -my neighbour doesn't have the time she says-but then complains about things going up in price( I never tire of couponing a saving money and I have been doing it for 32years
    sam786 and momi like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

When people tell me they don't have time I'm confused. I have two toddlers, a husband who works and is a full time student, I'm a full time student, we have no car (which ends up being very time consuming with the bus etc), and still I find time. I always tell them, it takes some time at first because you're spending you're time learning how, but once you know how it takes very little effort. To me, couponing is a necessity of life or we would have a lot less food on the table.
    sam786 and momi like this.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I think this thread has gone off topic a bit. I think what the OP was getting at (I could be wrong) is their pooh pooing of her offer, when she was trying to help them.

They said "it's not worth my time" but she had cut out all the time involved. That's confusing. It's one thing to not have time, but another thing to say "not worth my time" when there is no time involved whatsoever.
    Bronwen and momi like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've read through all these comments and it seems like it comes down to 2 things: having the knowledge and making the time.

1. I do agree that it is time consuming to look for coupons (I dont receive inserts, so I need to order them from coupon websites or search for tearpads in-store). Then you have to scan flyers and match them with deals, make your way to the store (no car for this couponer), etc..
    However, this has been made easier by this forum and many others on facebook. I try to post as many brags on here as I can so that people can take advantage, since I know that I have gotten some of my best deals from you all *thank you*

2. Knowledge is power and I let people know about different apps or websites that can help save them money. What they do with this information is up to them.

Ever since I have started couponing, I get calls from family that sound like "I'm in need of xyz, so if you have a coupon or see a good deal, please get it for me!". I'm happy to shop for them and pass along the savings

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

OP sounds like they'd rather take advantage of 'your time' and that is too bad. Especially when they take jab at you, but indulge in your generosity. I'd venture a guess and say they are jealous that you have a good financial system figured out.
    Last edited by beckie.c; Wed, Feb 5th, 2014 at 12:33 PM.
    torontogal12, Bronwen and momi like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beckie.c View Post
    OP sounds like they'd rather take advantage of 'your time' and that is too bad. Especially when they take jab at you, but indulge in your generosity. I'd venture a guess and say they are jealous that you have a good financial system figured out.
    THIS. Apparently couponing is a waste of time for them but when I bring stuff to share it's not enough because "I got it for free and no effort anyway". I've been couponing since my university days but back then it was a matter of necessity and having enough food for the week, etc. Now it's just a part time hobby I guess.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    That's an interesting story! Funny about the immigrant part because my parents immigrated to Canada in their late teens with no money and I remember mom using coupons back in the 80s! I learned frugality from mom, then SC took it over the top
    me too - only it was my dad who showed me to shop in the 60's & I still have a few .03 coupons to prove it....
    dizzyb, torontogal12 and Bronwen like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momi View Post
    It's not sometimes about coupons,
    It's how you spent your hard earn money wisely.
    I don't work,I am a house wife...my little cutie pie DD she just started her school.
    Only my husband is working,even if we both are working or I have extra money still I will use it wisely.
    I look for sales only for the products I use,then I see which store is nearest and then I look if I do have coupon for that product in my folder...I save almost 70% on beauty,cleaning and personal care items and almost 30% on groceries every month.
    Few days ago I was at Sdm,there was sale buy 3 Pepsi or coke for $9.99 or $4.99 each.
    There was a couple before me to check out, I saw they have 2 Pepsi cases in their cart,I told the couple if you buy one more they will be for $9.99 and even if you buy 2 they will cost you 9.98 so one extra case you can get just for 0.01 cent.its just a penny.
    OMG,I can not tell you that guy start staring at me,and then start arguing do you work here,who you are to tell me.
    I don't need your advice,I said sorry I was just thinking May be you don't know.
    And after that my husband was mad at me and then he said don't tell anybody about sales where ever you go you start talking about sales,you start sharing coupons,don't do it ,other wise I will not go with you.
    From that day I just talk about sales on this forum.
    No one can help to those people who don't want to help themselves.
    If I had extra money...I will do charity but always will spend it wisely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You did the right thing by telling them about the deal. They were rude. I gave away a pile of coupons for gingerale on Saturday and the couple were gracious as it made the 2L bottles 50 cents each. I give coupons away all the time-some people are rude about it... no big deal as I give it away to someone else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information