• 1 Post By FallenPixels
  • 5 Post By FallenPixels
  • 2 Post By couponmummy
  • 3 Post By dariusz8
  • 2 Post By Dayanara
  • 2 Post By canadascouponeer
  • 1 Post By cinpow
  • 1 Post By ilovecats

Thread: Walmart refused to price match meat !!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

g.r.rr. Walmart in Square one refused to price match Pork back ribs from a chinese grocery store because in the picture it's a loose meat picture, not in a package like they have. Even though the package is calculated by pound. They would let me price match no frill "loose' meat picture but not that chinese grocer store because that one is lower!!!!

i need headquarter phone number, does anyone have it?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

are you referring to the $.28/lb pork back ribs deal ending today? some people here had been saying that it was a price error.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

there seems to be alot of drama around the 28c per kg ribs sale.. i've heard some people went a bit crazy and some stores are no longer allowing cross country price matching and some are no longer allowing price matching of meat products
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

This is a one of those tough situations.. if I could get meat for that price I would certainly buy as much as I could get my hands on.. yet I can understand why stores will not want to match prices such as this.. it has to be far below their cost. I think this is a situation where stores have to draw a line.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tuluom View Post
    g.r.rr. Walmart in Square one refused to price match Pork back ribs from a chinese grocery store because in the picture it's a loose meat picture, not in a package like they have. Even though the package is calculated by pound. They would let me price match no frill "loose' meat picture but not that chinese grocer store because that one is lower!!!!

They do say it has to be the exact same product, and since so many people pricematched a price error on this item, I can see why they are refusing but the number is
    General Inquiries 1-800-328-0402
    or send them a message though their site: http://www.walmart.ca/en/help/contact-us
    Anna Michele likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    This is a one of those tough situations.. if I could get meat for that price I would certainly buy as much as I could get my hands on.. yet I can understand why stores will not want to match prices such as this.. it has to be far below their cost. I think this is a situation where stores have to draw a line.
    The original store issued a notice saying it was a pricing error, if they are not honouring it I don't see why Walmart should
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Going to Walmart to price match items in Maxi flyer this week.

Kraft Dinner, 3/1.88, use $1 WUB2 coupons
    Goldfish, 1.88, use $1 WUB2 coupons, DD likes the extreme cheddar and Maxi did not have it.
    Becel margarine, 454g, 1.88, no coupons but want the butter flavour and only slim pickings at Maxi

When I price match items, I make sure every detail is the same, brand, size, etc. The only iffy item is eggs and they are store specific, but it works at Maxi.
    Last edited by couponmummy; Fri, Jan 10th, 2014 at 09:37 AM.
    walkonby and Anna Michele like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Last edited by couponmummy; Fri, Jan 10th, 2014 at 09:38 AM.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

yeah the oriental Denison flyer was obviously a misprint price for the meat.... its hard enough getting banana's at that price lol
    Quote Originally Posted by tuluom View Post

super_e, Decaf and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I have also been told with meat,s Walmart (and other stores) will not price match with the Asian markets because they are lower quality meats sometimes and you can never tell by just the flyer.
    Midnightly and Anna Michele like this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Dayanara - Earn free stuff just for searching the web!

http://www.wagjag.com/?wid=66bba0e75...fbd07b4aef23ad - WagJag it up! Great deals at a fraction of the cost.

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dayanara View Post
    I have also been told with meat,s Walmart (and other stores) will not price match with the Asian markets because they are lower quality meats sometimes and you can never tell by just the flyer.
    I find that meats at Asian Markets are generally higher quality than those at Walmart. I find that since they keep a lower amount of stock, and they are quite busy, that they replenish meats more often than Walmart.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the turn over rate at asian stores for meat are much higher than walmart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Definitely price error. If that's the price there would be none left WM anyway.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The 28 cents per lb (and then a couple weeks later, it was 9 cents per lb) wasn't a pricing error -- it was a wording error with the ad with what exactly they were selling. What they were selling at that price was actually pork rib BONES with very little meat on them, used for soups, sauces, etc. Their actual ribs they were selling for $3.99 per lb. Our store managers were smart when I pointed this out to them to be careful -- they actually phoned that store and confirmed exactly what it was they were selling at that price, so that put a stop to people buying them at my store unless they wanted to pay $3.99/lb. And it's why a lot of Walmarts have buckled down on meat price matching. Head Office was informed of this and I know word got out to some stores....just not in time for some to lose hundreds on it (too bad their staff wasn't on the ball and thought something was wrong and call to confirm - may have saved themselves had they done so).
    lecale likes this.

Thread Information