Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By d.ot
  • 1 Post By sun_shine
  • 1 Post By torontogal12

Thread: Beware of buying from Dealfind

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Be very careful with Dealfind. Lots of voucher places out there and they are easily the worst.....currently well over 500 complaints to the Better Business Bureau in the last three years....should have looked them up before I bought something so that's on me. I just got dinged on a voucher I bought that had a two year expiry. The expiry is set for Feb. 25, 2014. Tried to redeem last month and the merchant told me they are not honoring the voucher because of a dispute they're having with Dealfind over payment re: their agreement. Dealfind refuses to refund because their policy is 'no refunds after 240 days (8 months)'. So, obvious question....why are you selling a voucher with a two year expiry, then? End result....I paid Dealfind for a voucher I'll never be able to redeem and they get to keep my money for nothing......no service provided. Nice loop hole policy on their part. The customer 'service' just keeps beating on their 'policy' and instead of thinking long term and refunding to retain a possible repeat buyer, they'd rather keep my $39 and guarantee I'll never buy anything from them every again. Smart business. They pretended to put me off by saying they were still 'investigating' the dispute and trying to resolve the issue with the merchant. I called the merchant myself a couple of days before a call back to Dealfind a few weeks later......and the merchant told me they have not heard from Dealfind at all IN OVER A YEAR. Just lying to string me along. So if you buy any voucher through them, use it within 8 months regardless of the stated expiry date or you're just risking giving your $ to Dealfind for nothing.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Often sites like that will just reopen under a new domain, look and repeat

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Call your credit card company for a chargeback.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yup had an issue with them before. Bought cologne for a gift June 2012. Never received it. Kept emailing and they kept saying they were looking into it. Then said the supplier ran out and had to get more. Then kept saying it was shipped etc. I kept emailing demanding a refund after not receiving it after 4 months. Finally got one in Jan 2013. Now I don't even look at their offers.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

hmmm wasn't there a class action lawsuit against groupon for something similar?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have never bought from Dealfind but have heard a lot of bad reviews, sounds like a site to avoid.

Heard a lot of people say things like companies will not fill voucher especially if it is something you need to book an appointment and it has an expiry companies will cancel and cancel until voucher expires and Dealfine says it is our of their hands.

As well companies going out of business and Dealfind saying there is nothing they can do and that the voucher should have been used sooner at times within a couple months of the voucher being issued.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I agree with Torontogal12 -

Call your credit card company!
    I got 2 vouchers for a hair spa package. The deal company sold too many and the business ended up closing shop because they could not/would not honor so many deals. I got my money back, thankfully, after filing a complaint through my credit card company for services not received.

I now discourage people from purchasing anything from these sites - too risky in my opinion.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I bought one as a gift once for my sister, and when she went to look into using it, she discovered the place had closed. It was also a hair/spa type thing. I think I did get a credit back from Dealfind though, which I used for a new voucher for my sister. I'd say smaller businesses like that are things to be careful with, but I still get hotel vouchers for Niagara Falls through them frequently. Places like Days Inn and Howard Johnson aren't likely to just close up and/or deny your voucher.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Some things to be aware of when you're buying from Group buy sites:

http://money.ca.msn.com/savings-debt...r-conditions-5
    francine1985 likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I've learned my lesson as well. I ordered a jacket and boots and they were both complete junk. They def lie about the "original" price of things. Trust me, there is no way the coat was originally worth 139.00 and no way the boots are worth 80.00. They sell complete junk that comes from china and thats why it takes months to receive anything. I will never ever order from them again.

Thread Information