User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: Smartphone --> Dumb People!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Peachy you just reminded me!

There was an American ad during the Superbowl where a man and woman are in a restaurant and the woman is texting the whole time. He gets annoyed and pulls out his phone and texts to her to look up. He's holding an engagement ring. It's a jewellery store ad so it ends happily ever after but we all know how it would've ended in real life haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    awww sweetie that sucks

personally I would have taken out my phone and texted her saying glad to know your phone is more important than getting to know me and left!!!

that is completely RUDE
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ugh I had a coffee date that ended up like that...He constantly had his eyes down looking at his phone which he was hiding under the table to text. I'm not an idiot so I totally knew what he was doing...He ended up wanting to go for dinner the next night! Obviously I turned him down since he couldn't have even been able to judge if he liked me since he spent more time with his phone than with the person sitting across from him. Sure if my phone goes off I would probably check it to make sure it wasn't anything important since my agency sends text messages that require an immediate reply if I'm available to audition or work so they can book it, but if it wasn't work related or an emergency it would go right back in my purse until I got home.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Dh and I both have a cell phone but no home phone. On the rare occasion we have a date (we usually all spend time together as a family) we leave his phone with the baby sitter. If the baby sitter (always my mom) calls or texts we either answer it or go out of the room and call back. (For example at a movie theatre we leave the room... At a restaurant we answer but it's always set to vibe so ringing doesn't bother anyone around us no matter where we are). But that's a little easier to understand because he is their father not some stranger.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    I absolutely despise those phones. They are rude and completely unnecessary. They may be called a "smart" phone but they sure do make the user stupid.
    Nothing to 'despise' about these phones. The device is not rude, doesn't do anything to anyone. It doesn't turn itself on, stick itself in a user's face. The user is 100% in control, THEY are rude if they use it inappropriately. If a person can't put the thing down, that's the person, not the phone!

I have a smartphone, love it, use it all the time to kill time when I'm commuting on the bus, walking on the treadmill at the gym, etc. But there's a time and a place for it; out to dinner on a date is not one of those times or those places.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    How many times have i posted about my deep dislike for people who use smartphones during social events. DO NOT DO!

((( I think this post makes me sound like a drama queen, but I am not )))
    Hey Mr. Vesper, this viral video may make you laugh and cheer you up a bit.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh Vesper! How disappointing! The only possible excuse I can think of would be that she was nervous about dating such a fine person as yourself! What was that I heard about fish in the sea?
    Good luck finding a better dinner parter!
    Crochetlady, vesper and oscarandme like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    OK so it's been a very long time since I had some 'Romantic activity' and gave this nice lady a shot whom works for the same outfit I do. Known her a few years, she is nice and I enjoy her company.

So after we both make it obvious to each other we would like to enjoy a 'fun evening/night' with each other, we head off for a nice diner to start things off.

She spent the entire diner constantly texting someone on her phone, twitty or facebook and would even giggle and 'update' me on what the person just said.

I was so turned off by this, I kind of became angry to. It is so rude and childish, I am there and she is not.

Needless to say, she never got access to my funny hands at all, which is too bad for her, I bet she never fooled around with a creepy scorpio before. I left after diner with a 'headache' and I won't ever date her again.

How many times have i posted about my deep dislike for people who use smartphones during social events. DO NOT DO!

((( I think this post makes me sound like a drama queen, but I am not )))

The vibe I'm getting is that your lady likes you as a friend but not as a romantic companion...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    At least she was filling you in. I've seen ones where people just stare at their phones through the whole meal and don't even talk to each other.
    Glad you're skipping date #2
    While I would never ignore a stranger I am going out with, I am guilty of the above. I consider myself to be a more introverted person (but not boring, haha) and sometimes it is nice to be able to enjoy meal with someone while being able to casually browse the internet or read something on my phone. I know my friends sometimes feel the same way and its great that we are on that same level of understanding and are able to enjoy each others company without directly speaking to each other for the whole meal and without anyone feeling guilty/offended/ignored. Sure I could just go out to eat by myself, but it's nice to have some company with you to experience the meal and have someone to casually talk to once in a while. I know this will probably make me sound crazy/weird but it is just the way I am haha.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Romance is hard enough on a date, let alone finding time to have one.
    Am hoping you link eyes with someone you see in the shops or in your community and you feel "yes, I'll ask HER out."
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

this is part of why i hate cellphones.. people think that they are great at multi tasking and if they don't have their phone on and 100% available they will be missing out on something important.. but the reality is people suck at multi tasking and it's wildly rude to constantly ignore the people you are with for electronics..

i think there should be a cellphone addicts anon and many many people should be part of it.. IF you cannot go 2 hours without checking your phone then you have an issue
    GoJays, walkonby and vesper like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by trishka View Post
    Admittedly, I can be pretty bad with my phone but were I out on a date, the phone would be away and on vibrate, unless there was a specific need. Can only imagine what a relationship with that person would be like. I would not have made an excuse, I would've ran my mouth and told her exactly why I was leaving. Incredibly rude.
    That actually would haev added value to the date.
    GoJays, i_forget and trishka like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't been home in a month. 2 kittens are adopted now and I miss them all so much!

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    vesper, she sure wasted your time, you dodged a bullet I'd say. When you got back home were your cats all like
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    The vibe I'm getting is that your lady likes you as a friend but not as a romantic companion...
    No, she explicitly communicated to me (ironically via smartphone) that she wanted me to funny things to her, but she sort of ruined it. I hate to be a jerk, but smartphone addiction is a turn off like gambling and drugs.
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Nothing to 'despise' about these phones. The device is not rude, doesn't do anything to anyone. It doesn't turn itself on, stick itself in a user's face. The user is 100% in control, THEY are rude if they use it inappropriately. If a person can't put the thing down, that's the person, not the phone!

I have a smartphone, love it, use it all the time to kill time when I'm commuting on the bus, walking on the treadmill at the gym, etc. But there's a time and a place for it; out to dinner on a date is not one of those times or those places.
    That was my own opinion.... it's not necessary for you to override it with your own opinion of how wrong I am.
    Last edited by GoJays; Wed, Feb 5th, 2014 at 03:59 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    That was my own opinion.... it's not necessary for you to override it with your own opinion of how wrong I am.
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend.
    GoJays and Shwa Girl like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information