User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: First Rant - PMing at Walmart

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was PMing in WM today. The cashier scanned my item and it rang up as $3. I was PMing it to $1. The cashier called over her supervisor because the difference in price was too much. The supervisor agreed with the cashier and wouldn't do the price match. For another item I was PMing the supervisor wouldn't allow it because the flyer said "selected varieties" and my item wasn't "in the picture". She tried to further explain her point by showing me a picture of potato chips in the flyer and saying that they would only PM the bbq and regular flavor, because they were the only flavors in the picture and it said "selected varieties" underneath. After this totally logical explanation (sarcasm mine :D), I let them know that I wasn't going to be buying anything. I realized after I had walked away, that I had set my keys down on the counter. I sent my teenage daughter back to retrieve them. She told me that the cashier and her supervisor were looking through my cart. I wonder if they were going to PM for themselves? I have learned that the best way to handle these things is to call Head Office. I am waiting to hear back from the Regional Manager. Still frustrating to waste my time!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    sam786, vesper and Tere E like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes if all else fails, call the boss! That sucks they rejected everything you tried.
    I see this is your first post... welcome!
    tasha313, ticul and oscarandme like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Well that's some bullshmack! I PMed the catelli pasta sauce to metro for $1 and my cashier pretty much took my word for the price!
    ticul and oscarandme like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I don't even show the flyers at mine. I write my list down and then just read from it and have never had any questions.
    leymi15 and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Don't let that experience stop you from forging ahead.. it can be challenging at times but its so worth it
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sigh....if you go on walmart facebook page, you will notice 95% comments on their wall was rants rants rants.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vjjam View Post
    I don't even show the flyers at mine. I write my list down and then just read from it and have never had any questions.
    o wow, that would be nice if they will do that here too, but I doubt it, everytime they will look at the flyer image and most importantly the date of the flyer. if I pm with my tablet, I will have to flip thou the page until where the date is at or else they won't pm for me.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

not letting you price match because it would make the product super cheap is crazy

but...i agree with the supervisor, why should they PM something thats not in the flyer, they dont know if the kind you are buying are included in the sale
    ie. people pricematching secret deodarant from rexall flyer, even though the ones on sale at rexall were not the right kind for coupon
    or when febreze stuff was on sale, it only showed the aerosol , "selected varieties", even if a bunch of different stuff was on sale, they shouldnt take my word for it , if it's not in the flyer.
    ticul and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Usually the flyer will have details of the item on sale...eg. 45-85g. They cant possibly show all the items on sale in one picture. Some times when price matching the cashiers will do thing differently. I have never had a problem...but a friend of mine has had a few at walmart.

1- She was price matching and using a coupon for deoderant... she was trying to buy 12 and the cashier said she wouldnt sell her that many because it was more than a years supply...and Store policy is you are only allowed to buy enough for you familys needs. My friend called the manager of the store. The manager said that is NOT their policy at all..she did say that sometimes they will refuse to sell you alot if they dont have alot in stock... Hoeever, she did tell my friend that if she was wanting to buy a large amount she could let them know and they would order it specifically for her.

2. She was price 17 of the same item.... and the cashier did a seperate transaction for each one. So she rang though one price matched took the coupon off and then cashed her out... 17 times.

Each cashier has their own way of doing things it seems.....

Youvshould also call the manager of the specific wal-mart you were at, not just the head office.
    ticul and oscarandme like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcon View Post
    not letting you price match because it would make the product super cheap is crazy

but...i agree with the supervisor, why should they PM something thats not in the flyer, they dont know if the kind you are buying are included in the sale
    ie. people pricematching secret deodarant from rexall flyer, even though the ones on sale at rexall were not the right kind for coupon
    or when febreze stuff was on sale, it only showed the aerosol , "selected varieties", even if a bunch of different stuff was on sale, they shouldnt take my word for it , if it's not in the flyer.
    Selected varieties usually refers to the flavour or scent of a product not the different products available in the line. So bbq chips for salt and vinegar chips or pine cleaner for lemon cleaner is okay but you shouldn't be substituting solid for aerosol or nacho chips for potato chips. Just my 2 cents.
    anastasia1009, ticul and nana2276 like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for all the supportive comments everyone I will let you know how it turns out.
    oscarandme likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My DH opinion on PMing is a good one - shop at the store giving the deal when at all possible - unless u are stacking - Walmart doen't give u points or anything - can understand if it is inconvenient to shop elsewhere!!!
    thriftygranny and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I'm not sure if you are new to couponing or just new to SC, but I think we've all experienced, and still experience these situations from time to time; not only with WM; but other stores also.

I have got to know some cashiers in various stores and try to go to them so there's no issues.

Having said that, I dealt with two new cashiers this past week, one at LD and one at SOF and it was a bit of a challenge. SOF cashier said I couldn't use the coupon as the type of yogurt I was buying wasn't pictured. I pointed out that the coupon stated "good on ANY".......he called a supervisor and said the coupon showed vanilla and I was buying a different kind....again I had to say the coupon said "good on ANY"....and I unfortunately had a situation a few weeks ago where I dealt with three cashiers/supervisors but ended up having to contact head office to get a matter resolved.....
    anyway....guess what I'm saying is we all go through these challenges from time to time......just know your coupon policies and get to know some cashiers...it'll make things easier !!
    Last edited by redhdlois; Sat, Aug 24th, 2013 at 01:34 PM.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

That is good advice but even with the policy interpretation is a gamble. Head office always seems to support our point of view why can't the stafff get on the same page and mostly the pepole training and trying to keep the cashiers updated. I have found that RCSS is more liberal to what OP wanted to do so we shop there most of the time now. Before it used to be WM but now too many chances of being turned down after gathering all shopping items to PM, coupon attatch just to be told "I don't think so liar"...

Quote Originally Posted by redhdlois View Post
    I'm not sure if you are new to couponing or just new to SC, but I think we've all experienced, and still experience these situations from time to time; not only with WM; but other stores also.

I have got to know some cashiers in various stores and try to go to them so there's no issues.

Having said that, I dealt with two new cashiers this past week, one at LD and one at SOF and it was a bit of a challenge. SOF cashier said I couldn't use the coupon as the type of yogurt I was buying wasn't pictured. I pointed out that the coupon stated "good on ANY".......he called a supervisor and said the coupon showed vanilla and I was buying a different kind....again I had to say the coupon said "good on ANY"....and I unfortunately had a situation a few weeks ago where I dealt with three cashiers/supervisors but ended up having to contact head office to get a matter resolved.....
    anyway....guess what I'm saying is we all go through these challenges from time to time......just know your coupon policies and get to know some cashiers...it'll make things easier !!
    ticul likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    Selected varieties usually refers to the flavour or scent of a product not the different products available in the line. So bbq chips for salt and vinegar chips or pine cleaner for lemon cleaner is okay but you shouldn't be substituting solid for aerosol or nacho chips for potato chips. Just my 2 cents.
    yeah, but thats not to say that the chips that are on sale, are only certain flavours (BBQ, regular or whatever) that they have too much stock of so they are only putting those certain flavours on sale.

just like when old spice deodarant goes on sale, even if they are all the same product line/size, only certain scents are included in the sale.

so pricematching at a different store to get a product not included in the actual sale, would be "wrong"
    anastasia1009 and ticul like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information