User Tag List

jackierw
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

tonight I was at walmart with another SCer and we both went through the express checkout so got different cashiers. I had it planned to price match and use coupons to get soup for .04/can. when it was my turn I laid the zellers flyer out for the cashier(didn't get his name), and he said"oh, I can't do this". I asked why not.. and he said "this is a zellers flyer.. and it says its a store event for there.." I said I know, it's a SALE.. he said"but it's zellers" and I said I know, I want to do a price match. he mentioned the store event thing a couple times and I reminded him that it was a SALE--SAME THING.. he said "ok but it says half price then .54 but does not give the regular price for the soup so I can't do it" that was when I said, can you get a manager? or would it be better if I carry my stuff to customer service to do it there? ( all in a soft tone..I have a quiet voice lol) he said "ok I will call again." then she finishes ringing my friend through at another till and comes over and he tells her there is no regular price on the flyer for the soup ( at this point I had to really try hard not to laugh out loud) and she says, no problem, and tells him to do it. she leaves and he says"do you have anything else in the flyer that you want to price match?" and I had the gilette shave [email protected] also in zellers so he does it, then I hand him the .50 off for all the soup(12) and 5.00 off gilette wub3, and 3.00 2 boxes natural instinct hair color(on sale for 5.97 ea) etc and then he's like "have a good night".
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart, Zellers

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

I have never priced matched anything yet--too chkn I guess!!!!

The other day I was at RCSS and I went through the till and the cashier did not have to call for an override which I thought was a little weird and then I look at my receipt when I am done and he didn't put through my $1 lactancia cream and he put through my $5 ice cream as $1.68(price of my sour cream), so I had to go stand at CS and get it all fixed while my ice cream melted!!!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Good for you Jackie! Some of these cashiers talk to us like they are the owners of these stores.

jackierw
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

yes Jayce87 I just need to be bold sometimes... and that really sucks Jennrav..

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

CS at some places just clearly suck! You can have your really good experiences that give you hope to go again but the the next time just sucks. I would of demanded a new pile of icecream.

Quote Originally Posted by jennrav View Post
    I have never priced matched anything yet--too chkn I guess!!!!

The other day I was at RCSS and I went through the till and the cashier did not have to call for an override which I thought was a little weird and then I look at my receipt when I am done and he didn't put through my $1 lactancia cream and he put through my $5 ice cream as $1.68(price of my sour cream), so I had to go stand at CS and get it all fixed while my ice cream melted!!!!!

jackierw
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

yes me too RE: ice cream.. I agree also that CS sucks.. zellers can be a bad one for that.. unless you deal with certain ones. I reported a cashier to mgmt one day because he was very rude and not willing to cooperate with coupons so I walked away leaving the stff at the till and a line up of ppl staring lol..and jennrav the walmart experience I posted was my first time so that made it a bit awkward but I have only so much tolerance for certain types of ppl so when I get fed up I try to make things happen though I am always overly nice so don't always get the deals others do but yes, I just need to remember we have the right to challenge for those overages!! Giant Tiger is AWESOME just don't go to the guy with brown hair and glasses. he has been less than courteous for sure. the girls are always nice though

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

I had a run in with Charles from GT a while back, so I avoid him whenever possible!!!!! I don't do much shopping at Zellers for some reason

Went to Wamart yesterday and they only had one Dippity do left and one Nexxus, so now they are all out---- unless they restock.

Hey has anyone seen the Hamburger helper with ground beef coupons anywhere lately????

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Wow----im shocked! Everyone has been using the dippy do gel printable for $2 getting the overage at walmart when the coupon is for the pro sport new dippy do. Im too scared to use it! Besides im a hairspray kinda girl lol and my boys are into that spike glue sorta stuff. lol

jackierw
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

I got away with using the $2 coupon when buying the 2xorange dippity do in the same bottle as the blue sport. also on for 1.88...and jennrav it was so funny I was in line with another SCer at GT and Charles opened his till but I pretended to need lottery just to avoid going there. He shouted and said he was open, but I didn't budge lol. and at GT there was only one hamburger helper w/coupon left a couple nights ago

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Have the both of you got to use the printable dippy do gel coupon and the cashier hasn't pointed out that its for the pro styling dippty do gel?

jackierw
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

Jayce87, I asked the cashier if I could still use the $2 for that since it didn't say "sport" on the bottle and she said she didn't care as long as it was dippity do gel it just depends on who the casier is, I will get her name next time..

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

I just bought the blue stuff didn't bother to try buy the orange cause we don't use much gel at my house.

jackierw
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

I am giving some out at Christmas.. already getting stuff for gifts..lol

Thread Information