• 3 Post By Chantel
  • 1 Post By r0c0upons
  • 2 Post By Zonny
  • 2 Post By beagle

Thread: Keurig B60 Special Edition just died

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have had my Keurig B60 for a little over 2 years. My wife and I only really use it on Saturday and Sunday mornings for our morning weekend coffee so it has seen minimal use. After a year when the manufacturer's warranty expired it started giving us problems like making partial cups, etc but not enough to frustrate us. This past weekend it just plain would not power up. In Googling for a solution it seems many other people have had the same issue. The unit just dies and there is nothing much you can do. I opened up the bottom even though it says there are no serviceable parts and everything looks normal - no leaks, no broken parts, etc. It's kinda crappy when they only build them to last a couple of years. I buy my K-cups in bulk from Costco and have about 80 Starbucks K-cups worth over $50 so have to decide if I buy a new machine or give these away.
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco, Starbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Stink! That's too bad.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Buy a 2-in-one or non-keurig branded machine. They seem to last longer.

Hamilton Beach makes ones that have a pot on one side and the K cup thing on the other. Plus it has a 5-year warranty.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I recently got a brand new Mr. Coffee by keurig right out of the box. It powered
    on, but would not pump out the water. Really frustrating. I called the company
    and they sent me a replacement one with no problems. In fact they sent me a
    unit that was bigger because they were low on the ones that I had. It actually
    worked out better for me in the long run.

Excellent machine! (When it works right! LOL!)
    Last edited by maggiespice; Wed, Feb 5th, 2014 at 11:41 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i dont have a keurig, but are you able to take the coffee out of the pods- or is that too much hassle- ?
    matrix82 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Call Keurig anyhow. Mine was out of warranty when it started making short cups, and they replaced it anyhow. They want you to keep buying the K cups after all!
    Decaf and Emma24 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with Zonny, call anyway, mine was past the one year warranty they still helped me out. Mine would leak from the bottom. They asked for all my info, the serial no. and i had to register for keurig.ca. They sent me three water resevoirs to see if that fixed the leaking, which it didnt, and when i told them it was still leaking they sent me a brand new machine, same model, special edition from costco. They asked me to send a piece of the old machine to make sure i don't continue to use it/sell it. I also asked what i was supposed to do with the three extra resevoirs and they said just keep them. All no cost to me and happened over about a month. excellent customer service.
    Zonny and francine1985 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have to agree with Zonny & Beagle, they replaced mine with no problems. Much better customer service than most other places, explain to them the issues and how much you use it. Once you get it replaced re- register that brewer so you are able to receive the benefits again.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ours dies shortly after the 2yr period and all Keurig offered was a deal on a new machine (Costco had a better price and it came with the k-cups).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Mine had issues two years after we bought it, and they offered a replacement for $80. And we had the platinum version so it would cost quite a bit more anywhere else.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Thread Information