User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By luckbealady

Thread: Rain Checks can only be offered on items not on sale

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had the most confusing time the other day at a Target, I was told by someone online you could get a rain check on this hard to find video game for the PS4 that was also on sale so I asked the store employee at electronics. He told me they cannot offer rain checks on any item in the flyer, or that's on sale.. I told him I thought you could ONLY get rain checks on items in the flyer, as items in the flyer bring people into the store and rain checks are a way of giving customers the deal they may of come to the store for. He told me "No, it's actually the complete opposite" He insisted that his manager has told him several times it cant be anything from the flyer or even on sale that week not mentioned in the flyer...

I was really confused and bought some other stuff then went to leave, on the way out I saw the customer service desk so asked them about it. They told me "Yeah you can get a rain check for anything in the flyer or on sale, as long as it doesn't say no rain checks". So I went back to the second floor and told the electronics guy, he radio'd customer service and asked them himself. Then before he did the rain check he told me I couldn't do it on this item, because to his knowledge they never received this game in the first place(Even though there's a spot for it on the shelf, with the tag and everything) So again, he asked customer service who said he could do it, but he argued with them and they said to send me to customer service....

At customer service they finally did the rain check, though the lady there didn't know how to do it and called someone else to help.(They were really nice though) This was the first rain check I've done and it was just a huge hassle, especially going back and forth between customer service and electronics on the second floor....

I mean, I can't really think of any situation where someone would get a rain check on an item that's sold out and regular price. It's not like they reserve the item for you and call when it arrives, it's just a slip of paper that holds the price for 1 month
    This thread is currently associated with: Target

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I would always to go guest services first to get a rain check.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    156 (100%)

As far as I know, an item can't be held if it's on sale but a rain check can be issued (unless it's a hot electronic item that people line up for) if it's on the flyer. That being said, at Target, there is different kind of sale, "sale" and "TPC- temporary price cut", TPC is often not advertised on flyer and cannot guarantee stock, that is why they don't do rain check on TPC, but if it's on the flyer and it's a reg. item, I don't see why not.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

"It's the complete opposite?" So if we need to show rainchecks to get an item at regular price, we'd clog up customer service desk getting rainchecks for everything in the store. Hahaha.

Glad you got your raincheck in the end.
    DianneS likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think one of the issues Target is having is that they are already turning over their employees - those hired when the stores first started have already been replaced (sometimes a few times over - and I don't mean every employee).
    So the first set of employees had great CS training, because they had a good month or so before the stores actually opened. Now the new ones don't get the same amount of training.

I could be wrong, but that really seems what it's like at my local Target. And the new employees won't go against what they're told by a supervisor for fear of getting in trouble - even if the supervisor is wrong.
    Durham Couponer likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Target rainchecks are weird. When Maxxscoop was on sale they had to give me 4 separate slips, 1 for each item even though they were all the same item instead of just writing 1 raincheck that said 4x maxxscoop on it. Waste of time, energy and paper if you ask me.

Thread Information