User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lghend

Thread: Was told I can't use coupons on clearance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

While at target I found men's clear shampoo for $1.87 and wanted to use my $2.00 off from a recent insert. The cashier seemed confused by it and called someone else over who said "not to be used with other offers" to which I replied that just means other coupons. She then radioed her manager and he said yes I could use it just adjust it to $1.87 and I'd have to pay the tax. As a seasoned couponer I was expecting that anyways but thought I would ask if they are clamping the full $2 from the manufacturer to which they no. Once the receipt printed the poor cashier had to write beside each mfc coupon line which mfc it was?!? Has anyone had this? As a couponer this seems like a lot of extra work for cashiers.

next stop was walmart and I found a 4 pk of Marc Angelo's pork skewers 25% off for 3.58 I had a $1.00 off coupon hubby got at grey cup with no exp and was told I can't use coupons on marked down items?!?! Yes two times in one night at 2 different stores. After I told her I didn't want to buy them if I couldn't use the coupon she rang in the coupon instead of calling her csm.

it it all worked out but you really have to know your stuff. Seems like the rules are different for each employee.
    This thread is currently associated with: Target, Walmart

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If they get the money back from the manufacturer, plus a handling fee, what the heck is the problem with these businesses? It's not like you were stacking coupons or clearing shelves. I'd be annoyed too.
    Poirot likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

At pharmaprix (shoppers drug) today, I tried to buy two reach toothbrushes on sale for 99 cents with the two coupons (one web saver and one insert). First the cashier told me that it said one per purchase....ugh. I tried to explain about the whole purchase vs transaction thing...but she was adamant. So I said "fine" I'd only take one. Then she said I couldn't use the coupon because it cost less than a dollar. I said that with the rounding (no more pennies)...that it did in fact cost a dollar. She said "no...you can't use it on this one....but that I could buy one of the more expensive reach brushes and then use it. She made me feel like I was trying to shoplift or something. I didn't notice until I left (with no toothbrushes)...that the store gets the dollar plus 8 cents handling. So frustrating...

I had someone at target tell me I couldn't use coupons on clearance last week....but the manager came and straightened the cashier out.

i really wish they would change the wording on coupons. All they have to use is the words one per product/item purchased.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tchaikca View Post
    At pharmaprix (shoppers drug) today, I tried to buy two reach toothbrushes on sale for 99 cents with the two coupons (one web saver and one insert). First the cashier told me that it said one per purchase....ugh. I tried to explain about the whole purchase vs transaction thing...but she was adamant. So I said "fine" I'd only take one. Then she said I couldn't use the coupon because it cost less than a dollar. I said that with the rounding (no more pennies)...that it did in fact cost a dollar. She said "no...you can't use it on this one....but that I could buy one of the more expensive reach brushes and then use it. She made me feel like I was trying to shoplift or something. I didn't notice until I left (with no toothbrushes)...that the store gets the dollar plus 8 cents handling. So frustrating...

I had someone at target tell me I couldn't use coupons on clearance last week....but the manager came and straightened the cashier out.

i really wish they would change the wording on coupons. All they have to use is the words one per product/item purchased.
    I had the same thing happen with one of the Reach coupons. I told her to enter the coupon in as 99 cents and she said she couldn't. It does state in their coupon policy, though, that they can do it

Thread Information