User Tag List

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: All Purpose Entertainment News items thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ He's just fine as he is. Funny, I used to watch baseball, not a big fan or anything, but I liked it. I played softball for years in my younger days...
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Kitty-in-Boots, unpublished Beatrix Potter story, discovered in author's archive

Peter Rabbit is back, in a previously unpublished story by English children's author Beatrix Potter.

The Tale of Kitty-In-Boots was tracked down by publisher Jo Hanks after she found a reference to the manuscript in an out-of-print book about the author from the 1970s. Potter had written to her publisher about the story of "a well-behaved prim black Kitty cat, who leads rather a double life."

The feline tale also features an older version of Peter Rabbit, the best-known creation of Potter, who died in 1943.
    Hanks discovered manuscripts of the story as well as one rough colour sketch of Kitty-in-Boots and a rough pencil drawing of the villain Mr. Tod in the Victoria & Albert Museum's Potter archive.

She also found letters that revealed Potter had intended to finish the story, but "interruptions" — from the start of the First World War to farm work to illness to her marriage — eventually got in the way and she never returned to the tale.

"The tale really is the best of Beatrix Potter. It has double identities, colourful villains and a number of favourite characters from other tales (including Mr. Tod, Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle, Ribby and Tabitha Twitchit)," Hanks said in a statement.

Quentin Blake, best known for his work with beloved children's author Roald Dahl, will provide illustrations.
    "It seemed almost incredible when, early in 2015, I was sent the manuscript of a story by Beatrix Potter; one which had lain unpublished for a hundred years and which, with the exception of a single drawing, she had never illustrated," Blake said.

Penguin Random House will publish the tale in September. This year marks the 150th anniversary of Potter's birth.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/kitty-in...tter-1.3419958
    GoJays and Darth Penguin like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Former Dancing With the Stars partners Kym Johnson and Robert Herjavec are engaged
    The Dancing With the Stars pro, 39, and the Shark Tank judge, 53, started dating shortly before the season 20 premiere of the dance competition in March 2015.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...ngaged-w165515
    JadeAngel likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Kylie Minogue fights Jenner bid to trademark name

There’s only one Kylie, fans of the Australian pop star might once have said. But not any more, as Kylie Minogue is mounting a legal bid to prevent Kylie Jenner claiming ownership of the name.
    Jenner, who appears in the reality TV show Keeping Up With the Kardashians, is hoping to trademark the name Kylie in the US to use for her expanding empire of beauty and clothing collections.

But last week KDB, an Australian firm representing Minogue, filed opposition to the application, claiming that allowing Jenner to take the Kylie name would cause confusion for Minogue fans and dilute her brand.
    KDB goes on to describe Jenner as a “secondary reality television personality”.
    I don't normally read comments but this one made me laugh

secondary reality television personality’ I think Ms Minogue is being extremely generous to Ms Jenner here in suggesting she even has a personality.
    GoJays and Midnightly like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That's fantastic I hope Minogue crushes her.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Agreed!
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

An interesting pairing...

Jerry Hall and Rupert Murdoch Celebrate Their Wedding

media mogul Rupert Murdoch married model Jerry Hall in a private civil ceremony at Spencer House in London on Friday

Texan model Hall, 59, was stunning in an ice blue midi-length wedding gown while Murdoch, 84, wore a tailored navy blue suit with a white rose boutonniere.

A choir, packed with professional singers, led the musical appreciation and the couples’ children took leading roles in the commemoration of the nuptials. Hall has four children from her relationship with Rolling Stone Mick Jagger – Georgia May, 24, Elizabeth, 32, Gabriel, 18, and the recently-married James, 30 – while Murdoch has six from his two previous marriages: Prudence, James, 43, Lachlan, 44, Elisabeth, 47, Helen, 14, and Chloe, 12.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was watching the taped SNL today and I must say MOST of the stuff was pretty funny.
    I must give huge Kudos to Jay Paroah!! I've usually giggled at his Ben Carson impression but now that Ben has dropped out of the race for the Republican nomination what else can Jay do?

He NAILED all the impressions of Black Comedians he did during a segment on Weekend Update.

I have a whole new appreciation for his talents now!!

http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/jay-p...pressions.html

I know that the video will say sorry you cannot view it if you are a darn Canadian , ( ha ha ) but just check out some of his impressions on You Tube that are not SNL related, I had no idea he was that good! Hope to see more of him in other skits on the show now. Same with Leslie Jones, that small thing she did on the Oscar's had me rolling off my chair in hysterics. ( if you didn't see that, check it out too )

Cannot wait till Ghostbusters comes out!! ( all those funny ladies together! )

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I didn't even recognize him! David Letterman, obviously enjoying retirement. He was 69 yesterday.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

RIP Prince. Didn't listen to his music but I can appreciate the amazing talent he had.

Shreds the guitar on this live performance of While My Guitar Gently Weeps.
    Clapton was asked what it's like to be the greatest guitar player in the world. He responded by saying go ask Prince.
    anisa, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

flawless
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, my....I could watch him and listen to him play all day; what an amazing talent, gone far too soon.
    He looked so happy there....
    Thank you for that video, @electric_viking ; I'm sending it along to our SIL who plays guitar at our get-togethers...
    electric_viking and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I just knew it! That's George Harrison's son, Dhani, playing his guitar!....George was my favourite of all the Beatles...
    electric_viking and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I just knew it! That's George Harrison's son, Dhani, playing his guitar!....George was my favourite of all the Beatles...
    George was my favourite as well. Have you seen the dvd "Concert for George"? If not, I recommend you get a copy from the library and watch it.
    Here's a little snippet...RIP Billy Preston, the 5th Beatle.

I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by electric_viking View Post
    George was my favourite as well. Have you seen the dvd "Concert for George"? If not, I recommend you get a copy from the library and watch it.
    Here's a little snippet...RIP Billy Preston, the 5th Beatle.

I'm learning so much! I went from that video to another, then another, then George in concert, had to check out a few facts on Wiki...did you know he wrote "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by deciding to open a book, and the first words he saw he would write a song for?! The first words he saw were, "gently weeps", so he wrote that song! But the lyrics sure changed from the beginning to when it was finally published......but I DO have a life, and almost missed an appointment this morning because of all that!!!!

If I ever find that DVD I'll certainly buy/borrow it! I also think it'll make a nice additional gift for our SIL;s birthday this summer; he's an absolute sweetie!!!

Thanks, @electric_viking!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, May 26th, 2016 at 06:09 PM.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information