User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Standing my ground for SCOP!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I get an average of one free item a week because of SCOP. I always wonder about how many people over paid before I got my free product. I'm pretty sure the stores are still way ahead.

One time at Zehr's I picked up a bag of dog food because the shelf talker had it at a good price. (And I'm careful about comparing product name, size, etc.) When I went to pay it scanned at full price. When I challenged it another cashier went to check it. I saw her walk by with the shelf talker and put if over by a closed check out and then she came back to us and said that I was mistaken, the shelf talker was from another product. So rather than make a scene I just paid for the dog food. Then, I went over to where she left the shelf talker, compared it to my bag of dog food and sure enough it was the bag I had. So I put the shelf talker back in the dog food aisle, went to customer service with my receipt and innocently reported that I had paid full price for a sale item. When she went to check she of course found the shelf talker, refunded the difference in price and gave me my $10 SCOP refund. To this day I don't know why that first cashier felt the need to pull that stunt and tell a bald faced lie like that.
    frugalmom and seylz_gurl like this.

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingDriver View Post
    I get an average of one free item a week because of SCOP. I always wonder about how many people over paid before I got my free product. I'm pretty sure the stores are still way ahead.

One time at Zehr's I picked up a bag of dog food because the shelf talker had it at a good price. (And I'm careful about comparing product name, size, etc.) When I went to pay it scanned at full price. When I challenged it another cashier went to check it. I saw her walk by with the shelf talker and put if over by a closed check out and then she came back to us and said that I was mistaken, the shelf talker was from another product. So rather than make a scene I just paid for the dog food. Then, I went over to where she left the shelf talker, compared it to my bag of dog food and sure enough it was the bag I had. So I put the shelf talker back in the dog food aisle, went to customer service with my receipt and innocently reported that I had paid full price for a sale item. When she went to check she of course found the shelf talker, refunded the difference in price and gave me my $10 SCOP refund. To this day I don't know why that first cashier felt the need to pull that stunt and tell a bald faced lie like that.
    I had a very similar experience at a SDM. Back in October there were 8 or 10 items with an old price still up in the school supply section. One of the head cashiers went back to check and was a long time coming back. She finally returned and said, "No the prices were correct" I walked over to see for myself and low and behold she had taken every single tag down and LIED about it. Called the manager the following Monday and he agreed that I should have gotten 2 items free. Needless to say I have given our other SDM most of my business ever since. I don't appreciate being lied to!!
    BlazingDriver likes this.
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We got feta cheese 2 weeks in a row at WM with SCOP. They finally changed the price and then I noticed it was changed back down to $5.97 (was $6.47) the other day but it is scanning for that price too. Talk about prices being up and down!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks op I took your cue when this happened to me today.
    Last edited by seylz_gurl; Fri, Feb 14th, 2014 at 11:01 PM.
    tinambulance likes this.

Newbie here Deals Moma
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had a similar story today: went to Target/Carrefour Angrignong. The ivory body wash is showing on the shelf as $3.94 for 2/4 scents and I checked at the scanning machine because I thought it was on liquidation: $4.29.

When at the cash they scanned all of 8 - 4 of each scent @ $4.29. I said what about SCOP, which is a law in QC. The cash supervisor said I will give you one but not both.

I stood my ground and explained that when they do inventory, they inventory those two items separately because they are different, with different demands.

Then he said one of my 'favorite' things: "I'll do it this time because there is a long line behind you". I said "no, you will do it EVERY TIME".

Kicker was when I presented my coupons for $1/2. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tinambulance View Post
    Well, went to wonderful Wally world after reading brag about purex, janes, etc. Nothing in stock but when I went to check the Janes products, the shelf price was $6.97 and $8.97; however, scanned prices were coming up $10.97 and $11.97 so I knew they would be SCOP. Went to till, cashier scans and after scanning I say those (three different products) boxes have scanned wrong so I would like SCOP. Cashier who has worked there for over 5 years says she doesn't know how to do that. So she called a manager who also didn't know how SCOP worked. So manager states she needed to call another manager who said I will have to pay $1.97 and $0.97. I said no I want a SCOP as the SCOP states I get $10.00 maximum off the DISPLAYED PRICE (which I read directly from the SCOP sticker attached to the desk in front of them ). Ended up getting my three boxes for SCOP. When will employees and especially managers ever be trained correctly?
    tinambulance likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm so glad people are using the SCOP rules. Way to go everyone!
    SMILE - and make the world a better place

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information