User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: WTH is with the price of bacon???

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jan 24th, 2015 at 11:38 AM.
    Natalka likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Yes pigs aren't nice. In the US where there are feral pigs sheep and goat farmers have to fight pigs that will kill and eat the young lambs/kids. Pigs can survive without eating meat from other animals, but they continue to be unethical in their behavior.
    So can humans .

But we still eat lot of animals & birds & often kill them & put them under inhumane conditions ..

Dropped into grinding machines while still alive ..a standard price...beaks removed etc etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ--faib7to

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

This is a BACON thread. Get over it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

This is a BACON thread. Get over it.
    Exactly !

Not about pigs eating farmer's & their so called unethical behaviour for eating someone who was going to kill them for guess what BACON !

So please take your own advice & Get Over It

Don't stray away from the topic , otherwise other's will to

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We are mostly vegetarian here, but once in a blue moon I buy bacon. I just try to make sure it's high quality. It's the nitrates in it that scare me - that stuff will kill you! I see lots of companies have started adding "celery extract" to the ingredient list, which is still nitrates but they are just being tricky about it. I don't mind paying $5-$6 per pack since I only do it once every few months or so and I know it's good quality meat. The stuff that goes on sale at No Frills for $2 a pack terrifies me - no way I'd feed that to my family.

Is anyone else super paranoid about this pig virus? They say "No risk to humans" but I don't believe that for a second. Back to turkey bacon for us!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I totally hear you about the "one less time to feed DH thing." My DH works from home but is so busy working, he forgets to eat lunch, so I make sure to have the easiest of meals available for him, but ones that are still cheap.

Would your DH be open to alternatives to bacon? Something easy that he can still make himself? Deli meat? Leftovers?

Chicken nuggets are DH's favourite and I like them because he can take a whole 3 mins to put them in the oven and they cook themselves. You can get a box for about $5 on sale, even without coupons. A box lasts him two lunches.

I also get him single serve soup, Knorr Sidekicks, frozen pizza. We always have a supply of crackers so he can make cheese and crackers or peanut butter and crackers. All those options are less than two dollars. It's not food that I like, but as long as he eats something, I am happy.

Maybe your DH will be open to more things so you don't have to spend so much on bacon? Can't help you re: the bacon pricing because we only buy it about twice a year.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Looking for WhiteStrips! MissMamaT's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Oregon farmer eaten by pigs

Officials investigate after remains of Terry Vance Garner are found in animal enclosure

Oregon authorities are investigating how a farmer was eaten by his pigs. Terry Vance Garner, 69, never returned after he set out to feed his animals last Wednesday on his farm near the Oregon coast, the Coos county district attorney said on Monday.

A family member found Garner's dentures and pieces of his body in the pig enclosure several hours later, but most of his remains had been consumed, the district attorney, Paul Frasier, said. Several of the pigs weighed 320kg (700lb) or more.

[...]

And the moral of the story is, eat them before they eat us.
    Dogs can kill Humans as well. Do you eat them?

Anyway, I am allowed my two cents as well as anyone else. Yes, this topic is about bacon. I stayed on topic. Goodnight

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information