Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Poirot
  • 1 Post By ilovecats
  • 1 Post By Poirot

Thread: walmart and SCOP

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Everytime i bring up scop at walmart, i get refused. I am told that if the product is on clearance that they can not give it for free. Which i think is wrong becauce according to the SCOP rules it states...

"If the scanned price of a non-price ticketed item is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the item free, up to a $10 maximum. When the item has a price tagged, the lowest price applies. When identical items are incorrectly priced, the second one will be sold at the correct price." http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...eng/01262.html

or any other displayed price = this would include clearance prices , would it not?

Has anyone else had trouble with this at Walmart?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Clearance prices would apply.Call the SCOP 18664994599.There should be a phone number for Walmart store manager and also Walmart regional manager on display behind customer service.Call them too.
    Angela273 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Clearance prices would apply.Call the SCOP 18664994599.There should be a phone number for Walmart store manager and also Walmart regional manager on display behind customer service.Call them too.
    Is it a non-ticketed item, or is there a clearance sticker on the product --- majority of times, there will be a clearance sticker if indeed it is on clearance.

And one cannot assume something is on clearance because they found it there...do you know how many people plop things down where they don't belong...or try to get a price for something by putting something where it doesn't belong?
    CrazyQT likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecats View Post
    Is it a non-ticketed item, or is there a clearance sticker on the product --- majority of times, there will be a clearance sticker if indeed it is on clearance.

And one cannot assume something is on clearance because they found it there...do you know how many people plop things down where they don't belong...or try to get a price for something by putting something where it doesn't belong?
    So true about people plopping something down anywhere then SCOP wouldn't apply.I was meaning that if clearance tag was below the correct clearance item SCOP should apply.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

the clearence tag was on the shelf where i found the product. it was the correct product. The csm i dealt with got frustrated with me and refused to give it to me for free but then as walking away said fine you have it for free. I tried calling the number but you cant speak to anyone directly , you have to leave a voicemail?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jkcouponer View Post
    the clearence tag was on the shelf where i found the product. it was the correct product. The csm i dealt with got frustrated with me and refused to give it to me for free but then as walking away said fine you have it for free. I tried calling the number but you cant speak to anyone directly , you have to leave a voicemail?
    Since you got the item for free best to contact the manager about the employee's bad attitude.
    nana2276 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have started to print out store's policies, as to price matching, couponing, etc. Next is SCOP. I have been putting them in the front of my coupon binder. This way, the cashier or CSM, cannot give me an arguement. I had one cashier/manager give me attitude at the Dollar Tree, last week. I sent an email to their head office & have not heard back yet. By Friday, the email will read that I will not return to another Dollar Tree, & word of mouth can damage a business quickly.
    Last edited by nana2276; Tue, Feb 25th, 2014 at 05:49 PM.

Thread Information