User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Learning ...
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scolquhoun View Post
    I went to White Oaks WM on Thursday and there were a few. I took two and left three. When I went back on Friday they were gone. I have to go there tomorrow so I'll check if there are any left. The cashier told me that someone came in earlier and got her stuff for free because she used the Aspirin coupons. It looks like people are just using them for overages instead of actually needing them.
    I agree this is unfortunate. Some people are going through terrible financial strains ... My husband and I are both blessed with great jobs - I can only imagine the stress and hardship some endure.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is frustrating when you have your shopping trip in order and get to the store to only find out someone has cleared the shelf. We have been to every WM in london to get the great deal on the shave gel and the asprin and have came out empty handed everytime Now I do uderstand that its not always people with coupons buying this stuff but I think it will always fall back on the old saying "leave some for others"

The asprin would be great to donate to the eldery as it really does help with stopping a heartattack and the womans shave gel would be great going to the womans shelter

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was out of town most of the last 2 weeks - not having to dash around to try and find deals on things I use before they were cleared was kind of nice and stress free!!

It is saddening to read about the stock clearing though, I see it mentioned in a few of the local threads

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

I know everyone is thinking that ppl are clearing shelves but there are so many of us couponers out there that it is bound to happen!!!!! And it depends on the day as well. I was not able to get any shaving cream last week but yesterday argyle was fully stocked!!! But it's not just shelve clearers. If all of us take 2 or 3 it would not take long to clear the shelves!!!!

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I agree with you Amanda4, but it also has a lot to do with people clearing shelves too.
    I have been told a few times now when I ask a CSR in the department I am looking for something in, that "Oh someone was just here (or yesturday) and bought the whole shelf". Now of course, I do not know if it was a couponer or just a "bargain hunter", as the CSR was not a cashier so she never cashed the person out...but this has happened for the Resolve, Satin Cares, Asprins, Olays, Venus Razors, etc.

And I actually have had cashiers comment on my items on the till stating "Oh a woman/man was just here and bought "10/25/45" of those and paid next to nothing!"

It is not just WM either--I have hit this same road block at NF, SDM & a few other dept stores.
    It is almost beneficial to price match now at another store and go out of my way to a Zellers or Fresh Co. etc. As crappy as it is to have to take 2 buses or travel further, but it is seriously frustrating.

Everyone in some way or another has felt the economic financial strain of the past few years, but if we can't all get in on these amazing deals and savings because of another persons "need" to clear the shelf....then the shave creams and razors that you donate will, I guess, inadvertantely make it's way back to us through other avenues lol. Let's hope not though.
    Last edited by Myslynn; Mon, Jul 18th, 2011 at 03:56 PM.
    Always looking for Kellogg's FPC & Playtex Vouchers

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

I'm sure it is both!!!! I was at argyle WM to get some of the shaving cream. I went and they said they had no idea of the correction. They had over 100 bottles!!!!! So I printed out the correction and went in the next afternoon. They had marked them to $1.50 and they were all gone!!!!
    So yes I'm sure it is both. That's to many for tons of ppl to just take 2 or 3 in that short of time!!
    It's just not the only reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myslynn View Post
    I agree with you Amanda4, but it also has a lot to do with people clearing shelves too.
    I have been told a few times now when I ask a CSR in the department I am looking for something in, that "Oh someone was just here (or yesturday) and bought the whole shelf". Now of course, I do not know if it was a couponer or just a "bargain hunter", as the CSR was not a cashier so she never cashed the person out...but this has happened for the Resolve, Satin Cares, Asprins, Olays, Venus Razors, etc.

And I actually have had cashiers comment on my items on the till stating "Oh a woman/man was just here and bought "10/25/45" of those and paid next to nothing!"

It is not just WM either--I have hit this same road block at NF, SDM & a few other dept stores.
    It is almost beneficial to price match now at another store and go out of my way to a Zellers or Fresh Co. etc. As crappy as it is to have to take 2 buses or travel further, but it is seriously frustrating.

Everyone in some way or another has felt the economic financial strain of the past few years, but if we can't all get in on these amazing deals and savings because of another persons "need" to clear the shelf....then the shave creams and razors that you donate will, I guess, inadvertantely make it's way back to us through other avenues lol. Let's hope not though.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

i was just at white oaks wm and no aspirin. and i can't find multibointa at sdm either. If anyone sees any physicans' formula mascara with the rebate sticker at sdm please let me know!

Also i've been to rexall, ct, wm and i cant even find the no touch soap dispenser!

Learning ...
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was at HP WM this morning and there were 5 packages of the Aspirin for $5.97 (no overage, but would be free) In case any one is needing aspirin. I also had teh BEST cashier there today! Her name tag said "BARS" - she was fantastic!! I told her that I did not get my fliers this week, so I wasn't going to be doing PMing. She told me she new of some great deals and rang in my products at the competitors prices!

Learning ...
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I hesitate writing this message - as I fear the aspirin will be cleared out as soon as I press post - but the last 3 out of 4 times I have been to the HP walmart there has been Aspirin available. Not the 3.67 ones, but the ones for $4.97 or $4.67 - which is still quite the overage. My coupons are gone, but if you are still hunting you may which to check out this WM.

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

The asprin is not thr right amount anyways!!! it is 81 mg. That is not what the coupon is for!!! 325 and up!!! please don't abuse this one too!!

Learning ...
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nope - definitely $4.97 for the 325 mg. It is the stomach guard type - not the 81 mg.

Quote Originally Posted by amanda4 View Post
    The asprin is not thr right amount anyways!!! it is 81 mg. That is not what the coupon is for!!! 325 and up!!! please don't abuse this one too!!

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

HMMM at the argyle WM there isn't even a spot for it. I check everytime I am in there. Unless it is in a different area!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy135 View Post
    Nope - definitely $4.97 for the 325 mg. It is
    the stomach guard type - not the 81 mg.

Learning ...
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes - I believe that is so for other walmarts - the HP walmart has 4 different types of Aspirin available to purchase for free/overage using the $6 coupon (all are 325 or 500 mg). One is $3 something, two are $4 something, and one is $5 something. All are on the same shelf within a 1 foot distance of each other. My friend had mentioned that her wm (argyle) only had one type!
    Last edited by Mommy135; Sat, Aug 20th, 2011 at 04:30 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sorry you are not getting the deals.
    Personally, hate it when someone comes in a clears the shelves. hate it.

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

Yeah we only have the 81 mg. And the 1 size is $4.97. I am missing out lol. That sucks. I wonder why we would not have them here!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy135 View Post
    Yes - I believe that is so for other walmarts - the HP walmart has 4 different types of Aspirin available to purchase for free/overage using the $6 coupon (all are 325 or 500 mg). One is $3 something, two are $4 something, and one is $5 something. All are on the same shelf within a 1 foot distance of each other. My friend had mentioned that her wm (argyle) only had one type!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information