User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi all. so, here's the deal. I've bought many many cans of Nestea at $5 each to get the $10 worth of Kraft pizza coupons, a product which I purchase a lot as a single person who is often to lazy to cook a proper meal (although I must have 50 ready to eat meals cooked form scratch and portioned in the freezer...guess I just like pizza) but anyway, I have 10 cans of Nestea green tea with lemon that I haven't been able to give away to friends and I'm wondering if anyone can use them. I won't use them, bought them only for the coupons. Expiry dates are in 2013. For a low income family with lots of kids, it's much more healthier than pop, as long as your kids like the stuff, or maybe you want it just for yourself. Any person matching this description, please PM me and let me know if I can drop them off to you. I don't care how far away you are (in Calgary) from me, if you can use them, I'll deliver them. I make a good enough wage that I don't really need to use coupons but it's stupid to not stock up when things are on sale and even more stupid to not buy products that will 'give' me money by providing me with coupons for products I already buy and exceed the value of the item I am buying to get the coupons.
    If you're in Okotoks or Airdrie or some other bit of a drive from Calgary, that is OK, I'm willing to spend the gas money to help someone out who really wants this stuff but can't realistically afford it. I've been there, am not there now but it's nice to be able to help out others, just like others helped me when I was in a much lower income situation.
    This offer is not for obsessional coupon crazies that spend all their free time couponing and shopping because they don't work and have time foir it and will take anything for free to brag about it while their husband works full time at a really good job to easily pay for the mortgage on the $500,000 house as well as the the cottage in Radium, BC. It's for people who really want this "non necessity" product but can't possibly afford it and still feed their kids properly and pay the bills too.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

That is really nice of you!
    Join me on Swagbucks and earn money and giftcards. So easy, so fun!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kanda2004

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I should mention here, I haven't looked at my PMs or any other responses to my posts since I have been a member of this site. I see all kinds of things there now that I have looked. I apologize to anyone I should have responded to but didn't. I usually just say what I think and then log off when it gets boring to me...usually that doesn't take long...I have some (more interesting to me) hobbies than grocery shopping and spend more time on the sites that interest me more. I don't think too much about replies or forum stats etc. but seeing what is in there now and might show up with my latest post, I'll have to check all that stuff out and will keep an eye on it now that I have asked people to PM me about the matter I discussed in my last post.
    Again, my apologies to anyone who has contacted me or left a response to a post and I didn't reply. I'll have to try to keep up on that stuff now.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kanda View Post
    That is really nice of you!
    Well thank-you!. I appreciatte the time you took to post and say that.
    It's actually quite a small gesture but I think the world would be a much better place if more people made such small gestures. Of course many do, all the time, and me...maybe not often enough given all the breaks I have been given by others in the past. Not that I am doing it out of guilt, it just feels good to be able to do it now that I can. I wasn't always able to do so.
    I'm a firm believer in "what goes around comes around". But it seems it goes through several other people before it gets back to you. But I think that is a really good thing.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    62 (100%)

you should try in from the cold. they are a shelter in town that helps families. or maybe the teen shelter? they would probably be thrilled to have something like that? just an idea...but i agree with the earlier post, really nice thing to do!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kidmom3 View Post
    you should try in from the cold. they are a shelter in town that helps families. or maybe the teen shelter? they would probably be thrilled to have something like that? just an idea...but i agree with the earlier post, really nice thing to do!
    Thanks for responding.
    I think now that I was out of line with my 'coupon crazies' term, a little too opinionated perhaps, shouldn't have gotten into that. And offering to meet up with a (male) stranger, I can see why no one sent me a PM. The shelters sound like a good idea and I'll check that out.
    I haven't even logged in since then until now because I was thinking my post that started the thread was inapropriatte in a few ways and I was embarrassed and didn't know what to do. I had been drinking a little which is something I rarely do and therefore was not thinking straight. Terrible feeling, I'm quite sure I won't let that happen again.

Thread Information