User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: CRA question - refund issued, not deposited yet

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

CRA show on the accounts tab that my return has been received. On the statement of account, it says refund issued Feb 21. Nothing in the bank this morning. Usually the CCTC, GST, etc are in right at midnight. Do they do deposits through the day? It just updated to this yesterday evening.

THanks . I filed with turbotax.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by kellyanna_99; Fri, Feb 21st, 2014 at 08:46 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi there, I'm in exactly the same boat. Same dates and everything. I was excited to check this morning but nothing. Perhaps tonight?

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

It seems that CRA is having ALOT of issues. My husband just got off of the phone with them after seeing this message in his account:

"Your 2013 return was assessed on February 21, 2014 and part or all of your refund was used to reduce your outstanding balance with us or other federal, provincial, or territorial government programs".

He owes NOTHING. Apparently it's an error that many people are seeing and he was told to ignore it, infact when he clicks the notice of assessment link it tells him that his refund will be deposited into his bank lol He was also told that his refund should arrive in his bank account by Monday. Should. lol I'd call CRA about your issue if you are really concerned but it just seems like they are having a lot of issues. Maybe they can't handle everyone getting their taxes in so early!
    Last edited by TaraF; Fri, Feb 21st, 2014 at 11:47 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

I know I just called in and found out the same thing. "Should", that leaves a lot of room for interpretation. I was counting on that today, so hopefully it straightens out quickly.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have the exact same message on "My Account" and we do not owe anything! Thank goodness for this thread was having a panic attack thinking something was wrong!
    Insane likes this.

Ordinary Guy
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am so glad I found this thread (thanks for starting it kellyanna_99). I have this exact message and was getting worried as I know I don't owe any money and nothing has been deposited in my account yet.

Your 2013 return was assessed on February 21, 2014 and part or all of your refund was used to reduce your outstanding balance with us or other federal, provincial, or territorial government programs
    I'll stop worrying and be patient (considering there isn't much else I can do).

Thanks again all. Just finding this thread has made me feel much better (even though it sucks we're all in the same situation).

Chris.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

Yep, I just about had a huge panic attack as well!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So will it be deposited overnight? Seems weird. Mine was just updated with the same message. Gah!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

There is always a time lag between when its assessed & actually deposited in your account.

Last year in my case it was deposited about 4-5 days after it was assessed/processesd

SO , don't worry it will be there soon

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanna_99 View Post
    CRA show on the accounts tab that my return has been received. On the statement of account, it says refund issued Feb 21. Nothing in the bank this morning. Usually the CCTC, GST, etc are in right at midnight. Do they do deposits through the day? It just updated to this yesterday evening.

There is always a time lag between when its assessed/issued & actually deposited in your account.

Last year in my case it was directly deposited about 4-5 days after it was assessed/processed

SO , don't worry it will be there soon

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've never had that situation happen. Mine has always arrived the day they assessed it. When i called the telerefund they said it would be deposited today. So.... weird.
    kellyanna_99 likes this.

Ordinary Guy
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lanie33 View Post
    I've never had that situation happen. Mine has always arrived the day they assessed it. When i called the telerefund they said it would be deposited today. So.... weird.
    Same here. My refund has always been deposited on assessment date. No exception.
    kellyanna_99 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanna_99 View Post

This was my timeline last year ..so although it was assessed/processed on 18 Feb it was actually directly deposited on 26 Feb

1. Telefiled my tax return on 15 Feb .

2. System ( Online ) was showing received on 16 Feb .

3. System ( Online ) was showing assessed/processed on 18 Feb

4. System ( Online ) then showed my tax refund will be deposited to my bank account on 26 Feb .
    scbpooh likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lanie33 View Post
    When I called the automated system it told me that my refund would be deposited today as well!! And all of my assessed tax returns were deposited on the days they were assessed!!Hmmmm

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think most of you guys the funds will be deposited on Feb. 26 ..that's when all the other Federal benefits like CPP, OAS etc get deposited

That's what happened in my case last year.

If you have access to MY ACCOUNT on CRA website , it usually shows the date when it will be deposited after its assessed.
    TaraF likes this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information