User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: Feeling very hurt and disrespected at work

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It is obvious your co workers have green eyes. Just keep getting all your great deals and say nothing. They will get the hint.
    ticul, torontogal12 and vesper like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

you should keep bragging and boasting your deals
    that would really piss them off
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hey frugal50, I agree.
    When they wanted donations for Christmas for children and teens, I gave boy's size 16 Old Navy jeans. Boys that age are hard to buy for and are often left out. The bosses were so happy with the jeans. When I told them I spent $2.99 -$4.99 for these jeans -- regular $29.99, I think -- they kept talking about it to the other employees. Including those employees who were "hating" on me for getting great deals.
    Ciel, walkonby, ticul and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

OP, I'd record date and time and who said that remark to you. Why? If same person tries to make you look bad at work with another credibility-taker line, you have to step up to defend your reputation and say "what facts do you have to back up your claim about that?"
    vesper likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Honestly, I'm over it. I'm done with being nice to people who don't treat me with the same respect. They can continue whining about being broke and not having anything. I totally had a "start the car" moment at SDM today and I'll post in the brags section when I get home. I know you guys understand, and I think I might even have squealed a little when I saw my OOP :D

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by superhamster View Post
    Honestly, I'm over it. I'm done with being nice to people who don't treat me with the same respect. They can continue whining about being broke and not having anything. I totally had a "start the car" moment at SDM today and I'll post in the brags section when I get home. I know you guys understand, and I think I might even have squealed a little when I saw my OOP :D
    Awesome.
    Looking forward to this brag.
    I hope you change your mind about sharing deals with coworkers -- at least with the coworkers who are interested. I believe some will come around to the deals and coupon lessons you can share with them, later, or even speak to you privately, away from the haters.

Good on ya for getting a SDM brag today. Awesome.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

OP, I got (()) for you . You should try not to take things personally. People in general may not have a positive image of couponers for a reason and if I myself were not a couponer myself I would have a negative image too (specially looking at some brags that make me sick). But you are a good one as you are trying to help others in your real life rather than abusing it, so don't worry. I will just disregard it or if last person's comments matter that much, I would just talk to them to clarify things. May be that person just did not realise.

By the way, SCOP is a bit harder than couponing and that comes across more like an exploitation than smart saving. The only person that I have ever seen doing it was a lady pushing a cashier too hard without even giving her a chance to verify information. And I am sure that customer and others like her make that kind of scenes at stores often and that is again a very negative impression on observers.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

In all honesty I finally got myself into a job where I don't really have to talk to co workers....mostly because they are super annoying, and trying to impress the higher up. I'm me I don't suck up, I'm just me take it or leave it. I use my good deals and donate them to people who need them, and don't bother mentioning them to people I know are going to make negative comments on them anymore, too much stress for me...that's why I love this groups of people, and my sister in laws and some of my friends...others donuts get the couponing thing...so I don't bring it up around them
    Ciel, torontogal12 and vesper like this.
    ....just be happy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by superhamster View Post
    Something happened today that really shook me to the core and I don't think anyone else would understand but you SCers. I work with people who are very dismissive and condescending towards me because I coupon. People who I used to consider friends and not just coworkers.

So someone jokingly asked if I had any killer deals lately and I said I got an item for free because of SCOP. This was followed by an attack on my character and how what I did was a "dick move" because I stole from the company and got someone in trouble. I said it's not my problem because this store follows the SCOP. Someone chimed in and said "well the paper tag could have been switched and I wouldn't put it past you to do that".

I'm very hurt by that last comment because she basically said I would stoop to committing a crime for a deal (tag switching is a form of shoplifting or fraud). It was very mean spirited and a direct attack on me. I've decided that from now on I will absolutely not be sharing freebies or extras with these @ssholes anymore and any excess I have I'll just donate to charity. I've had enough of being treated like dirt because I like to save. Being frugal has allowed me to splurge on things that I wouldn't buy in the past. It's not my problem if they're in debt and want to be angry and hurtful. I'm done with them.
    What an idiot & moron to say that..he/she clearly doesn't understand how SCOP works !

Just Paper tag switching doesn't get you a SCOP ..every price tag now has the UPC # and the name of the product on it ..just putting some other price tag in front of it is not going to get you the SCOP ..the upc on the price tag has to match with the product upc.

If the above case is true ..then what happens if someone picks up a product & doesn't buy it but then just puts it in a different aisle or in front of a different product ? This happens all the time ..people , kids picking up items & then not buying them and accidentally leaving them all over the place in the store !

I have seen misplaced items in clearance bins , shelves etc all the time...most of the times put by other customers who are in a hurry or just lazy , when they decide not to buy something in their cart.

Will that person or someone else who buys the misplaced product get a SCOP ! NO !

Ask that person , how would he feel if all the prices in the stores scanned higher than the tag price..and each & everyday he is paying extra on his bill.how much will that add up at the end of the day !..and day after day & week after week !

By doing SCOP you are forcing the store to change the price tag so that lots of other innocent customer's don't end up overpaying..just like the fool who was attacking you
    Ciel, Poirot, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I honestly get kind of excited when someone slams me for doing positive things in my life. The angrier they get, the better I feel, that means what I am doing is very good.

I hope you will treat them folks with kindness and tenderness, so that at some point, they might be open to learning more about your creative ways to save, and possibly apply your wisdom in there own lives.

Yahoo!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I honestly get kind of excited when someone slams me for doing positive things in my life. The angrier they get, the better I feel, that means what I am doing is very good.

I hope you will treat them folks with kindness and tenderness, so that at some point, they might be open to learning more about your creative ways to save, and possibly apply your wisdom in there own lives.

Yahoo!!
    success is your best revenge, the angrier they get means you got them exactly where you want them.
    Candini and vesper like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information