User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Wind Mobile : Great Plan + Phone Included for 12 months - Pre Paid-No Contract

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I have seen quads sold at those booths (work on all bands) but you can also order them from the US for around $100, even with $20 in possible customs its cheaper
    You mean you can buy a Moto G which is compatible on WIND from US for $ 100 ?..no contract & prepaid ? Link please ..I will buy one in a heartbeat as I am looking for one , I am OK with the $ 20 customs charge as long as it works on WIND..probably a T- Mobile one ??..better than paying $ 229 with WIND

Which booths in Canada sell the Moto G that's also compatible on WIND, prepaid & NO contract ?

Virgin , Koodo , Telus , Rogers , Bell, PC Mobile booths/kiosks ??

The ones that I have checked so far, have the same ones as they have on their website & they are not compatible with WIND.

If they are $ 150 at these booths & work on WIND and are prepaid/no contract, I will buy it from them instead ..and unlock them.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes, look on ebay or just search. Prepaid phones on t-mobile are usually much cheaper than WIND who add a premium (look at the all band Nexus 5 direct from google with none of WIND's bloatware installed for over $100 cheaper)

It is a booth in my local mall not attached to any phone carrier, they sell for various companies (as well as some used phones)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Yes, look on ebay or just search. Prepaid phones on t-mobile are usually much cheaper than WIND who add a premium (look at the all band Nexus 5 direct from google with none of WIND's bloatware installed for over $100 cheaper)

It is a booth in my local mall not attached to any phone carrier, they sell for various companies (as well as some used phones)
    Cool

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just a heads up, make sure there is SOLID coverage in your area. Their maps may claim there is, but that's a whole different story when it comes to reality.

BE CAREFUL. I've made that mistake.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    134 (100%)

My dh & I both signed up with Wind last year because our contract with Bell was up & we couldn't stand their customer service etc. Now, as much as we hated Bell, we wish we had never left. I can rarely make a call when I need to as the coverage is so spotty, same thing often happens with texts, their "unlimited" data is NOT - if you use over a certain amount (what they call "fair usage"), they will slow down your speed & then ask you to pay an extra $10 a month to get back to normal speed. I feel as though my phone is pretty much useless but if I leave (even though I am technically not locked into a contract), I'll be stuck paying an arm and a leg for my phone I got through them. Their customer service is worse than Bell (which I didn't even think was possible), we don't even try calling anymore. Think twice!!!!
    Pretty please with sugar on top, can you use my Swagbucks referral?
    swagbucks.com/refer/jaxflower

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jaxflower View Post
    My dh & I both signed up with Wind last year because our contract with Bell was up & we couldn't stand their customer service etc. Now, as much as we hated Bell, we wish we had never left. I can rarely make a call when I need to as the coverage is so spotty, same thing often happens with texts, their "unlimited" data is NOT - if you use over a certain amount (what they call "fair usage"), they will slow down your speed & then ask you to pay an extra $10 a month to get back to normal speed. I feel as though my phone is pretty much useless but if I leave (even though I am technically not locked into a contract), I'll be stuck paying an arm and a leg for my phone I got through them. Their customer service is worse than Bell (which I didn't even think was possible), we don't even try calling anymore. Think twice!!!!
    Thanks jaxflower, before reading your comments I do open start a new plan with WIND but now will think twice.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I personally have had no issues with their CS, I rarely call though, I contact them through twitter and they have someone call me

Coverage is an issue, there are a couple of areas in my city with no service and I lose service when walking through Union Station, but I have never been throttled for data usage. Throttling starts at 5GB or higher depending on plan, the big 3 charge extra for 5GB (or even less) too
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information