User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Target Canada lost $1 billion last year

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yep, clearance stickers are my biggest draw to the store. I honestly love every single thing about target though. It's really just hard to steal customers from walmart, bestbuy and the local grocery store. People have been shopping at these places for years, or even decades, and people love to shop at familiar places above all.

I heard their clothing line is actually doing well, profitable, or at least better then expected. It's just every other department at a loss so far.

I think target is here to stay, and in a year from now they will probably break even, and then slowly start to make money. Their online store is also still in the works, that should be a big money maker and draw more customers into their stores.(It's just nice to know what a store stocks, and being able to browse products before getting them in stores)
    MillieH and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Was listening to the radio earlier today about the continuing Target woes and searched out the online article http://www.680news.com/2014/04/07/ta...panding-north/

I know for myself I would not shop there at all if not for the odd clearance item. The radio clip ended by saying good savings are ahead to help them out of their continuing slump. Many many times I've walked out of there empty handed.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Sad to see they're not performing too well. But, when they first came to Canada they weren't very aggressive, in my opinion at least. I remember being so excited to see zellers go and target come in, but then when I went, the pricing was not as comparable to walmart (may have been due to compensatory pricing to combat the target hype?). Not to mention, as others have said, the nearest target is quite far from me and not always worth the drive over. Now that they're going to be opening a new one near me, I might go more often. One thing I have loved about target so far is that, every time I go, it's quite desolate inside. I'm not one for huge crowds or long line-ups so that was definitely a plus for me, although probably not for target.
    Referral Links:
    Join DropBox!! If you use my referral, you and I both get 500 MB of BONUS Space!! http://db.tt/NIYNqSB You can get up to 16 GB of FREE SPACE! Read all about it!
    iRazoo, Really easy to earn rewards! http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser...y=alphiehoward

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information