User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Greedy People

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I went to RCSS yesterday to pick up couple of things and stopped at the board of coupons outside. They had two full pads of Crest toothpaste coupons there. I took about 7 of those coupons and while I was looking to see what other coupons were there, a lady came in and took both the pads of Crest coupons. I don't understand how greedy can you get or how many toothpastes do you need. If you buy toothpaste in bulk, wouldn't they expire. I wanted to ask her that but was too chicken so I am venting here. Now I know why we can't find a lot of coupons people post about.
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Im sure she's gonna trade and sell most of them...so sad

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

check ebay
    harbie and c_mcarthur like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I wouldn't have been able to stay quiet, I'd give her a dirty look and say fairly loudly for all around to hear, "REALLY, you need to steal 2 whole tear pads?" Just to embarrass her.
    Mainly because I'm bitter because I was sick as hell last weekend when those coupons were put out and by midday sunday, not a one of those tear pads were to be found with any coupons left.
    Anna Michele, sam786 and Kwala like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwala View Post
    and while I was looking to see what other coupons were there, a lady came in and took both the pads of Crest coupons. I don't understand how greedy can you get or how many toothpastes do you need.
    Greedy.
    Did she look like this guy?
    Name:  char_greedy_guts.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  14.8 KB
    Anna Michele, Kwala and sun_shine like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    I wouldn't have been able to stay quiet, I'd give her a dirty look and say fairly loudly for all around to hear, "REALLY, you need to steal 2 whole tear pads?" Just to embarrass her.
    Mainly because I'm bitter because I was sick as hell last weekend when those coupons were put out and by midday sunday, not a one of those tear pads were to be found with any coupons left.
    I have done that a few times - saw someone with scissors and I made a few comments - she went red and left. Some people are greedy and some people do it for trade on here, on eBay and on other coupon sites.
    Anna Michele, sam786 and Kwala like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That would be frustrating to watch happen right in front of you. I always try to calm myself in these unfortunate situations by thinking that if someone is doing that they must be in a position where they need to do it KWIM? Or the whole what comes around goes around will catch up with them anyway.
    Anna Michele and sam786 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

What surprised me most when reading your post, was the fact that she didn't wait for you to leave...just snatched them in front of your face...ballsy!

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

wow....i only took 7 as well...some for me, some for the university student in my family, and some for the newlyweds in my family as well.

People like this ruin couponing for EVERYONE!
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I would've said something. That's ridiculous and unfair.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

No, what exactly happened was that while I was there, she pretended she was taking only a few of them but the whole pad accidently came to her hand because she started muttering and swearing with the whole pad in her hand and she pretended she was trying to put it back but waited until I moved. I had my suspicions so I went to pick up the cart and picked up a flyer from near the door and started looking at it but I was actually watching her. As soon as she thought I was not paying attention she grabbed the second pad as well.

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    What surprised me most when reading your post, was the fact that she didn't wait for you to leave...just snatched them in front of your face...ballsy!
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theo44 View Post
    I would've said something. That's ridiculous and unfair.
    I wanted to but I am chicken at confrontations and at the slightest chance of one, I start to cry.
    niro_anan and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

One of my BIGGEST pet peeves...coupon hoarders....they may claim that they share but nobody granted them Queen of coupons therefore it's okay to take the whole darn pad(s).....I like to know how they get the pads off that are being held by a screw? I sometimes find it difficult taking more than a couple off cause of they way they're screwed on with a plastic thingy or an actual screw! Who in the world needs 500 toothpaste coupons? Sometimes I think they do it just so nobody else will get the deal that they will.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwala View Post
    I went to RCSS yesterday to pick up couple of things and stopped at the board of coupons outside. They had two full pads of Crest toothpaste coupons there. I took about 7 of those coupons and while I was looking to see what other coupons were there, a lady came in and took both the pads of Crest coupons. I don't understand how greedy can you get or how many toothpastes do you need. If you buy toothpaste in bulk, wouldn't they expire. I wanted to ask her that but was too chicken so I am venting here. Now I know why we can't find a lot of coupons people post about.
    Yup coupon hoarders & coupon meanies everywhere

The sad thing is lot of times these coupons expire in their hand & end up in the recycle bin.

Even if she trades them & someone actually ends up using them or even she ends up using all of them ( unlikely )..I don't mind.

But lot of times they get too greedy & these end up in the recycle bin, nothing worse than that ..other's can't use them , she doesn't use them & the MFR also wasted time/money/paper printing them , retailer also lost business
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i hope she is getting pastes for donation purposes....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information