User Tag List

Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree3346Likes

Thread: March: Spring into Savings (frugal chatter)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Today is one of the worst days that I have had in a very long time. I won't get into it, but it feels like most things that could go wrong, did. I wish I had a rewind button so that I could start this day over again. *tears* I feel sick to my stomach and haven't eaten since breakfast. Prayers are appreciated.
    Hope your day gets better Angela

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))) for Angela. you know you have our prayers hon. so sorry today has been so awful. if theres anything we can do let us know. hopefully the rest of your day is better.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCouponCollector View Post
    Congratulations!! Did they accept your lowball offer??

I'm agreeing with everyone on this snow crud. I never complain about wanting winter to end but for the past two weeks I've been OVER IT!!

So I really want to share what happened to me this week. I've been hoping my "training" for a job would turn into some sort of real paid work, and I was floored to hear that it would not only be full-time work, but more than minimum wage. And I stay home doing what I've been doing for the past year. Finding deals. I committed to the job and now I will be in a much better position financially speaking.

Disney is a whole lot closer than I could have ever imagined.
    Awesome! Congrats .

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Had so much fun last night - I signed up for a Community Cooking Event & took our oldest boy (he wants to go again). Cost $48 dollars and was from 5:30-9:00pm. I came home with 4 portions each of Tortellini soup with Baking Soda Biscuits, Cheesey Chicken 7 rice Casserole, Ravoili with a browned butter and Pepper sauce, and Greek Chicken with Lemon Potatoes. ($3/per portion/per meal)

Right before i went i slipped on the steps and hurt my tailbone again - must be a yearly thing with me!

Applied for another/different part time job with the library locally. Was nice to hear that one of the ladies in my office is on the library committee and is willing to be a reference. Also very nice to hear that although I applied for the Clerk Position they were inquiring as to if I would be interested in the Assistant Position that is also open (10 dollars more an hour also) I was told I'd be hearing from them in regards to interviews.

Hope you get the better job...fingers crossed.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Today is one of the worst days that I have had in a very long time. I won't get into it, but it feels like most things that could go wrong, did. I wish I had a rewind button so that I could start this day over again. *tears* I feel sick to my stomach and haven't eaten since breakfast. Prayers are appreciated.
    Prayers sent and hoping life gets better soon.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-angela hugs and prayers for you hon
    -well had to cancel having my niece over for supper-then we were going to take her to see "ashlyn" I am trying to reconnect with my neice she is 18-has been out of our life for a few years

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCouponCollector View Post
    Congratulations!! Did they accept your lowball offer??

I'm agreeing with everyone on this snow crud. I never complain about wanting winter to end but for the past two weeks I've been OVER IT!!

So I really want to share what happened to me this week. I've been hoping my "training" for a job would turn into some sort of real paid work, and I was floored to hear that it would not only be full-time work, but more than minimum wage. And I stay home doing what I've been doing for the past year. Finding deals. I committed to the job and now I will be in a much better position financially speaking.

Disney is a whole lot closer than I could have ever imagined.
    They pretty much excepted our low offer with another $2,500 boost and it was done. Much faster when it is done over the phone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Angela-hope things get better real soon for you!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    258 (100%)

Angela...hugs I hope that day starts going better for you.

Bobbie, making things is completely and totally cheaper. Today, I made pumpkin cookies..so yummy. Sadly, we only have one bag of pumpkin left from our fall pumpkins and I'm saving that for pumpkin pie at Easter. I do have lots of applesauce, I see applesauce cookies and brownies in our future. I also make granola bars, no bake. My god daughters and hubby love them. A basic recipe, honey/peanut butter/pureed dates/nutella/coconut (sticky stuff), with nuts/raisins/dried fruit/chocolate chips/candied cherries and stuck it together stuff (oats, bran flakes/all bran, rice krispies, coconut)..melt the sticky stuff...and mix in everything else..squish into a pan and cut. Granola bars and they turn out differently every time. I also make lots of muffins...banana, carrot and applesauce are our favorites. I'm so not a breakfast person, and being able to grab a muffin and some yogurt on the way out the door in the morning is doable for me.

The cooked suppers are working out great. Tonight we had carrot/spinach meatballs, McCain superfries and corn and for dessert, chocolate mousse and canned pears.

Hubby has been home all day. I didn't have to work today because of March Break and was looking forward to a quiet day home, cleaning and baking but I had hubby driving me bonkers. You can only send a man do so many errands. Told him if he didn't leave me alone, I would send him to March Break camp, that surely somewhere in the city there would be a camp that would love to have an extra man with a clean PRC and good references come in and volunteer. My god daughters were supposed to come over tonight, but their father "can't find" them (don't even ask) and so now they won't be coming until tomorrow. So I'm sad..they were very excited to come over early and spend more time with us.

That's all for me...

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

hydroxy.. can you share your exact recipe for the granola bars. pretty sure i have all the ingredients. would love to make some homemade ones.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry you are having a rough day. Lifting you in prayer now.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    258 (100%)

Well MsSunshine...my reciepe is a bit adhoc LOL I started using this recipe (http://minimalistbaker.com/healthy-5...-granola-bars/), but I have expanded it out from there. If you use oats, be sure to toast them a bit..tastes much better.

Really I do just use a sticky mixture of honey, peanut butter, maple syrup, pureed dates, coconut spread, nutella or marshmellows (any combination of the above). You need about 1.5 -2 cups of sticky. Put it in pot and melt it over low heat.

In another bowl, mix your stick it together (oats, rice krispies, all bran cereal, coconut - any combination - 2-2.5 cups worth) and then add your "extras" (chocolate chips, nuts, cherries, dried fruit..anything you like really).

Mix the warm stick it together with the dry stuff. It should be really sticky and not be falling apart. Then put it into a large baking dish...spread it out as thick or as thin as you would like. They're very hardy, so I usually go thin. I will let them cool, cut into pieces and wrap in saran, that way they're easy to grab quickly.

My last batch were: apple-date-honey-PB-walnut. Yummy.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Mrs. S good luck with the job applications, @ mac good luck I hope the house is perfect and welcome to bobbiegirl2010
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -well went to my new dentist -and finally(I was right) -I have dealt with sore gums for a few months now -she said my crown needs re-done wasn't done right-yes knew al along something wasn't right and sore gums are really a problem
    -the went to my old dentist -beacause insurance will no cover a newcrown in only 6 months time -and he will reiemburse me the money I paid out of pocket-so proud f myself for complaining-mind you i had a tear in my eye before he came in -so that made my day
    then i didnt have the energy to go to walmart toprice match -but did make it into fortinos for some fresh fruit and a few other items
    so proud of you coupon girl, glad you got a new dentist that knows how to dentist (lol) and superb that your no longer dentist is reimbursing you for his crappy job.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Thanks for all the good luck wishes everyone...it worked.

It is official now we are new house owners as are offer was accepted and we don't have to move in a hurry as we have a whole month to do it.
    congrats to you and your dh

Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information