User Tag List

Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast
Like Tree2630Likes

Thread: Snap by Groupon / SnapSaves Cash Back Offers and Discussion

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah, ditto! I've made a lot of $ from SNAP as an early adopter and sometimes I have to be patient but really, I'm only using offers where I actually make money so why would I groan? If you don't like it, don't use it - I never see people here complaining about small value coupons or companies that never offer coupons - why is this any different?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi there, yes to the $ maker items/baby stuff I've said at the start of my rant that SNAP is great for the money maker items (those are dwindling) and families with babies. The money is there for the taking. I encourage anyone with babies/toddlers to sign up.

For the rest of us, the problem is never being able to reach $20 to cash out within 12 months. Once signed up and purchase a couple of items, offers don't really change and very limited in type/choice. Resulting in amounts of less than $20 just sitting there with almost no opportunity for more.

Another issue with them are the ghost items that appear for a day or less, then gone.

When I called to ask what I need to do to get more offers other than pledge and diaper stuff, like he milk and paper owels, they replied on the phone and emailed that "those are for very special customers".

Finally got a "lucky you" notice to be able to claim $1 wus $50, denied as first screen shows all gone, my lucky offer is on second screen.
    Sent a couple of emails asking why not credited, waited a week with no response, called and they said didn't matter that my account shows lucky you. Called again, rep said she'll email me and to reply directly to her with screen shots, I did, just received generic reply that receipt I submitted was not clear enough for them to process. That's because it's not a receipt but 2 attachments to an email.

Again this has nothing to do with money making items or the great baby product rebates.

I really hope I explained myself well enough, hard to know where someone is coming from when you don't know them personally (me). I'll respect this thread and stay off it.

I apologize for getting out of hand with my posts on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BCcheapMom View Post
    Yeah, ditto! I've made a lot of $ from SNAP as an early adopter and sometimes I have to be patient but really, I'm only using offers where I actually make money so why would I groan? If you don't like it, don't use it - I never see people here complaining about small value coupons or companies that never offer coupons - why is this any different?
    Last edited by WINNIPEGZELDA; Sun, Apr 19th, 2015 at 07:34 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Winnipegzelda, did you say that Snap starts charging an admin fee of $2.00 on the account if you don't cash out by one years time? Wow! Never saw that anywhere. I might have a buck in there now, but unless another great surprise offer ( like Pledge ) comes along, I will likely lose my $1.00 to them.
    Anna Michele likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Winnipegzelda, did you say that Snap starts charging an admin fee of $2.00 on the account if you don't cash out by one years time? Wow! Never saw that anywhere. I might have a buck in there now, but unless another great surprise offer ( like Pledge ) comes along, I will likely lose my $1.00 to them.

(below is cut and paste from website terms and condtions)

(e) Account Maintenance Fees. If you fail to redeem an Offer for twelve (12) consecutive months, Snap by Groupon will at that time either: (1) terminate your account if your account balance is zero or (2) debit your account balance $2.00 as an account maintenance fee at the beginning of each month thereafter until either: (i) you redeem an Offer; or (ii) your account balance becomes zero. If your account balance becomes zero due to the account maintenance fee, Snap by Groupon will terminate your account.
    Last edited by WINNIPEGZELDA; Mon, Apr 20th, 2015 at 09:00 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nevermind, WINNIPEGZELDA gave a better answer and answered before me.
    Last edited by My two Canadian cents; Mon, Apr 20th, 2015 at 01:49 AM.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

thanks for the info. everyone. I only have $13 and find it hard to get any other deals from them. Glade are all gone for months now. I snoozed so I lost out on Glade deal. I don't use pledge. Ahhh what am I to do.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am finding that the save.ca rebate app has a similar problem - stagnant offers since the beginning. I know, I know...wrong thread, but I havent seen one for save.ca!
    torontogal12 and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@WINNIPEGZELDA - No need to apologize. That's the beauty of this site. You expressed your opinion and you said nothing wrong. In fact, you're absolutely correct in that for those of us that do not have babies, it's very difficult to reach $20. I finally got my $20 a few months ago and I have never, ever looked at their website again. My DH just got his $20 after almost a year. Snap is just not worth it for us. Glad it works for some people.
    couponlady, hcao, walkonby and 4 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WINNIPEGZELDA View Post
    (below is cut and paste from website terms and condtions)

(e) Account Maintenance Fees. If you fail to redeem an Offer for twelve (12) consecutive months, Snap by Groupon will at that time either: (1) terminate your account if your account balance is zero or (2) debit your account balance $2.00 as an account maintenance fee at the beginning of each month thereafter until either: (i) you redeem an Offer; or (ii) your account balance becomes zero. If your account balance becomes zero due to the account maintenance fee, Snap by Groupon will terminate your account.
    thank you!! Wow oh wow! I never even knew that, my account was stagnant for a while , but maybe not a whole year? Thanks for that info, I am def. going to either try to desperately reach $20.00 and cash out before December OR let them keep the buck and close my account.

babies teach us acceptance

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Why don't you go to walmart and buy 4 of the Yellow spray pledge that is on sale for $4.44. With the tax you will pay 5.01 each (make sure to do on separate receipts, and claim $5 for each! Then you can request for cheque for $21 and you get Free product, which you could always donate it you don't care for it.
    The floor cleaner is also available right now ($7 cash back) and is on sale at walmart for $5.77 so $6.52 with tax, which means you could buy 3 and claim 21$ (you'll have a profit of $1.50). You will need separate receipts for this as well!

thank you!! Wow oh wow! I never even knew that, my account was stagnant for a while , but maybe not a whole year? Thanks for that info, I am def. going to either try to desperately reach $20.00 and cash out before December OR let them keep the buck and close my account.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

EXCELLENT suggestion. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by eyafitz View Post
    Why don't you go to walmart and buy 4 of the Yellow spray pledge that is on sale for $4.44. With the tax you will pay 5.01 each (make sure to do on separate receipts, and claim $5 for each! Then you can request for cheque for $21 and you get Free product, which you could always donate it you don't care for it.
    The floor cleaner is also available right now ($7 cash back) and is on sale at walmart for $5.77 so $6.52 with tax, which means you could buy 3 and claim 21$ (you'll have a profit of $1.50). You will need separate receipts for this as well!

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

Food Basics will have Pledge on for $4.99 starting April 23rd, all you have to pay is just the tax, only if the offer is available until then lol
    WINNIPEGZELDA likes this.

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    @WINNIPEGZELDA - No need to apologize. That's the beauty of this site. You expressed your opinion and you said nothing wrong. In fact, you're absolutely correct in that for those of us that do not have babies, it's very difficult to reach $20. I finally got my $20 a few months ago and I have never, ever looked at their website again. My DH just got his $20 after almost a year. Snap is just not worth it for us. Glad it works for some people.
    Very well said
    WINNIPEGZELDA likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponlady View Post
    Food Basics will have Pledge on for $4.99 starting April 23rd, all you have to pay is just the tax, only if the offer is available until then lol
    Think it is 4.99 at SDM as well, starting Saturday if the offer is still available.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love Snap!
    It goes in waves for me too, some months I use it some I don't but when I do I score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast

Thread Information