User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey,
    Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct section so please feel free to move it if required.

If anyone is interested I sent an email off to London Drugs this morning requesting clarification on their coupon policy as it relates to stacking. Specifically stacking coupons that state "cannot be combined with any other offer".

I sent the email to their corporate office based on being having a stack refused at my local London Drugs due to the "cannot be combined with any other offer" reasoning. (To clarify, I went to the customer service desk and spok to a customer service lady who was very friendly and who I have had good dealings with in the past. As well, the coupons I had stated exactly what I mentioned above, their was no dis-claimer of "any other coupon offers" stated.)

I recevied a responce by this afternoon which confirmed what other here have said in the recent past. Their is no official London Drugs policy to deny a customer the ability to stack coupons that only state "cannot be combined with any other offer". The lack of the word "coupon" in the dis-claimer is the kicker.

I will copy and paste the entire email below if anyone feels the need to print and keep it on hand for possible ammunition or resoning. Again, I have been very satisfied with our local London Drugs and am certainly not bemoaning them. I have stacked these coupons in the past, and it only recently that I have been informed they have become coupona-non-grata. I plan on returning to LD to have a friendly chat with the customer service rep. and hopefully come to a satisfactory conclusion whereby I can stack the coupons in question as it seems I should be allowed.

Cheers.

PS. Hope I didn't babble on incoherantly too much.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs
    Last edited by trikebubble; Mon, Aug 22nd, 2011 at 07:42 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My initial email query:

Hello and thank you in advance for taking the time to listen to my query,

My Wife has a question regarding London Drugs official coupon policy, specifically how it relates to "staking" or using multiple coupons against the purchase of a single item.
    I believe that some form of this is acceptable at London Drugs, and we are curious as to the specific written policy.
    Recently, my Wife inquired at our local London Drugs (here in Penticton, BC) as she was informed that she could not "stack" any coupons which read "cannot be combined with any other offer". Even if the disclaimer did not specifically mention other coupons.

Could you please clarify London Drugs coupon policy for us, and if possible provide an official policy for us to retain. We enjoy supporting our local London Drugs but would like to know where we can take advantage of any coupon deals, whether multiple or not, in order to save a dollar here and there.

As well, can you confirm that London Drugs had a single national coupon policy that all branches must abide by, or do local London Drugs outlets have their own individual coupon policies?

Sincerely,

Penticton, BC

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Her response:

Dear *****:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Below I have copy and pasted our coupon policy however if there are any exception or queries in regard to coupon issues, it is handled at the discretion of the Store Manager. Coupons stating cannot be combined with any other offer can be combined with other coupons of different media however if the coupon states cannot be combined with any other COUPON offer, it cannot be stacked.

Thank you kindly for shopping with London Drugs and please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time should you have questions, concerns or require further assistance.

Coupon stacking at London Drugs

It is the responsibility of the retailers to follow the offer and restrictions printed on the coupons in order to have the coupon redeemed. If there are no restrictions on the coupon or the restrictions are confusing, then the coupon can be used with other offers or “stacked”. There are a few key restrictions to be aware of:
    · The amount of the coupon. This is the maximum amount that coupon can be redeemed for
    · Expiry date has not been exceeded
    · Is redeemable in Canada(has a Canadian Clearing House mailing address)
    · The product named on the coupon has been purchased
    · The size and/or flavour of the item, as stated on the coupon, have been purchased
    · The required number of items has been purchased
    · If a coupon states it cannot be used or combined with any other coupon offer, then that coupon cannot be used with other coupons.
    · Only one coupon per purchase. This means only one of this exact type of coupons can be used. (multiple coupons can be used as long as they are all different)
    · Taxes: see question below tax wording

London Drugs staff take pride in providing a superior shopping experience everyday – and it may be necessary to book an appointment for dedicated time to allow for proper processing of each coupon in the transaction. For this reason, it may be smart to contact your chosen store in advance for an appointment.

We suggest that you work with the stores to do coupon stacking purchases outside of peak hours for better service to all our customers. You will find most coupon stacking education sites expressly recommend working with the store staff to ensure the transaction does not impact line-ups.

We have a right as a retailer to limit quantities, especially if we suspect the product is being purchased for resale. We require any customer with the intention of purchasing large amount of products, work with the store to pre-order product in advance. Advise the customer that should we continually be driven to out of stocks, it could jeopardize our ability to continue with coupon stacking.

1. Will London Drugs price match products and then accept stacks of coupons?

Yes. When purchasing identical products, our price match policy is distinct from the coupon policy.

2. Does LD allow the total of all the coupons stacked to exceed the value of the product?

No, the coupons total value cannot exceed the value of the product. For example, if the customer presents 3 coupons that are $2.50each ($7.50) and the product is $6.00, the last coupon would be processed through the as $1.00 (not to exceed $6.00).

3. When an item is Buy 1, Get 1 free can coupons be used for the purchased item and additional coupons used on the free item?

No. The coupons can only be used on the first item as there must be a purchase in order to use coupons. As an offer already exists to get the second item free, no further coupons are required or can be accepted.

4. Are there times when a customer coupon stacking privilege can be revoked at London Drugs?

Yes. If we are aware that a customer is buying large quantities of products frequently for re-sale, this should not be allowed. London Drugs is a retailer, not a wholesaler. Coupons are not intended to be used for large scale frequent wholesaling practices. The store manager will revoke coupon staking privileges for anyone buying product frequently for resale.

5. Internet coupons printed at home are becoming more popular. The coupon sometimes is smudged or illegible, will you still accept them?

Generally no. We must be able to read and follow the eligibility and restrictions set out by the coupon. If we cannot verify the restrictions, or are uncertain of the coupons validity, then it cannot be accepted.

6. Will you accept a U.S. coupon or coupons in US funds if it was issued in the US?

No. We can only accept valid Canadian based coupons. The only exception would be a US coupon that indicates it is valid in Canada. The coupon must still have a Canadian Clearing House mailing address.

Our coupon policy is in place to help extend savings to our customers.
    London Drugs has a responsibility to follow the directions clearly stated on coupons. We pride ourselves on offering a superior shopping experience everyday and we hope to keep our coupon stacking policy as long as it’s not abused.

Sincerely,

Cindy Kennedy
    Customer Service Administrator
    London Drugs Limited
    604-272-7414 or 1-888-991-2299

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is very helpful, thanks so much OP for posting!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    150 (100%)

Thank you for posting this. I haven't had any problems at LD with stacking. They even accept the p&g coupons with restrictive wording. There is only one location that i stay away from. The management at that particular store is NOT coupon friendly. Otherwise, I love stacking at LD! The staff is knowledgeable & are very familiar with coupons. Best of luck with your stacking!!

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by guccicouponer View Post
    Thank you for posting this. I haven't had any problems at LD with stacking. They even accept the p&g coupons with restrictive wording. There is only one location that i stay away from. The management at that particular store is NOT coupon friendly. Otherwise, I love stacking at LD! The staff is knowledgeable & are very familiar with coupons. Best of luck with your stacking!!
    I don't understand how they would accept P&G with restrictive wording as P&G will NOT reimburse them the money as stacking the coupons is 'strictly prohibited' . I don't have any problems whatsoever stacking, the only rule... No P&G.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    150 (100%)

When I first started stacking, I never used them because I figured they would be rejected. Then I was at LD one day + asked my favorite CS lady about them+ she said "no problem + yes they get reimbursed". Then again, I have heard so many different things from different people. Kinda crazy. Just depends on the management and location I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    I don't understand how they would accept P&G with restrictive wording as P&G will NOT reimburse them the money as stacking the coupons is 'strictly prohibited' . I don't have any problems whatsoever stacking, the only rule... No P&G.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I just came back from LD, Had the worst experience ever. I was buying some stuff and was gonna do some stacking for the first time ever. As I was very nervous. I went up to the cashier and explained that I had a bunch of coupons and didn`t want to tie up the line. I asked where they would like me to go through. The clerk said to do it at customer service and it would be better. So I get up to customer service where the manager is working. I explained what I was doing and he rolled his eyes at me. He asked what I had and I explained. I put up my items on the counter lined up nicely and placed each stack with the items. He looked at one coupon and then proceeded to say`. I can only take one coupon. I asked why and he said cause one of them said Cannot be combined with any other offer. He wouldn`t even look at my other coupons. He acted like I was putting him out. The way he acted was horrible made me feel like I was stealing from him personally. The only time he smiled was when he said I can not take more than one coupon. Needless to say I came home with nothing

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

They will be reimbursed for most of them. LD needs to provide ordering proof that they ordered sufficient stock to cover those coupons. I am assuming the stores are letting "fave" couponers use those coupons so it is extremely limited. It's being abused less and less now so they are most likely being reimbursed.
    ~~ i just scored a FREE wireless printer thanks to SWAGBUCKS! The reward community that works! Sign up now to try it out -- http://www.swagbucks.com/lilmonke

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Clipper View Post
    I just came back from LD, Had the worst experience ever. I was buying some stuff and was gonna do some stacking for the first time ever. As I was very nervous. I went up to the cashier and explained that I had a bunch of coupons and didn`t want to tie up the line. I asked where they would like me to go through. The clerk said to do it at customer service and it would be better. So I get up to customer service where the manager is working. I explained what I was doing and he rolled his eyes at me. He asked what I had and I explained. I put up my items on the counter lined up nicely and placed each stack with the items. He looked at one coupon and then proceeded to say`. I can only take one coupon. I asked why and he said cause one of them said Cannot be combined with any other offer. He wouldn`t even look at my other coupons. He acted like I was putting him out. The way he acted was horrible made me feel like I was stealing from him personally. The only time he smiled was when he said I can not take more than one coupon. Needless to say I came home with nothing
    Aww that is awful! Which LD did you go to? Some of the ones in Surrey are awful.

Your best bet when you start our stacking is to print the policy and carry it with you. LD's policy CLEARLY states that as long as the coupon doesn't say "cannot be combined with any other coupon offer" then they have to accept it in a stack.
    ~~ i just scored a FREE wireless printer thanks to SWAGBUCKS! The reward community that works! Sign up now to try it out -- http://www.swagbucks.com/lilmonke

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I know, big mistake. Coupon policy was in my binder at home. I had only taken my little folder with the coupons that I was using. I had only a few that I wanted to use. Funny thing is my sister was there earlier today and they aloud her to do the exact same stack I was doing. It was the surrey location on 104th Ave. Never gonna go back there.

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Clipper View Post
    I know, big mistake. Coupon policy was in my binder at home. I had only taken my little folder with the coupons that I was using. I had only a few that I wanted to use. Funny thing is my sister was there earlier today and they aloud her to do the exact same stack I was doing. It was the surrey location on 104th Ave. Never gonna go back there.
    Im pretty positive the manager at Guildford is a woman...

I'd give them another shot, there's always one or two crappy people who don't know their own policy at every store it seems.

heatherdg
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The LD in Regina will also let people stack, regardless of the wordin gon the coupon. as long as it doesnt exceed the amount of the item (even then, if it's like $0.05 they dont care, and the coupons have to have different PLU #'s...I ♥ it!
    When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

That's very intersting. I talked to several people at customer service desk about the p&G coupon stacking issue. All of them told me that head office sent out memo saying they don't accept coupons stated "CANNOT COMBINE WITH OTHER MANUFACTURE COUPONS".

up to now, i still can't stack coupons with these wording. Can LD Head Office clarify this asap?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Because I had seen various London Drugs policies, I went directly to the source. I emailed London Drugs August 3, 2011, and they sent me their coupon policy so I carry it with me at all times now. In that policy London Drugs stated:

London Drugs has not changed their coupon acceptance policy. We are still stacking coupons. However, vendors are being more cautious with their wording on coupons and in some cases are making it very clear their coupons cannot be stacked. For example,
    "use of more than one manufactures coupon per a product is strictly prohibited"
    Limit 1 coupon per purchase. Not valid in conjunction with any other coupon."
    Note: Keep in mind that we are still stacking coupons in situations where the wording on the coupons is not clear or can be interpreted different ways.

Hope this helps.
    SMILE - and make the world a better place

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information