• 4 Post By Poirot
  • 1 Post By oscarandme
  • 1 Post By MikeSelmann
  • 1 Post By MikeSelmann

Thread: Need advice on gift cards...

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

$I am such an idiot....

Rant number one:- I received the Windex promo for ($10.00) from a while back and thought I'll save for a rainy day...it rained...EXPIRED....

Rant number two:- I received one of the KELLOGGS gas cards ($5.00)a while ago...it rained...EXPIRED..

Rant number 3: Shoppers Drug mart promo: 2 yes 2 X $20.00 for Sunoco Gas and 2 X save (5 cents) on next fill-ups...it rained today...EXPIRED MARCH 9 ($40.00) Pooof -GONE....and 5 cents expire 13th...- DH not happy...(Why does SDM put such a short expiry-like a month???...come on...
    I need to read those cards, front an back and not wait for it to RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND

while I am here what is going on with the mail??? I mailed twice about 8 envelopes each time the last month and a bit and some members have not received them yet-the last mail-out was 2 weeks ago...several are ROAKS but a few were promisses... and the ROAKS..it sounds cheezy when you have to ask if the member received the envie when it was supposed to be a nice surprise then you just look like a creepy fictional mail stalker..

Anyone else sharing these let's call them "experiences"???? any advice if you called to try and reinstate??? any advice....

Thank you for your input... ( for a few members that know that I have been under the weather for the last few months and DH encourgaed me to get out and get some fresh air I gave it a good old college try to get up and out to do stuff and this is what I get rewarded with...) oye-yaye-yoye...I'd rather be sick...)Yuck!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Kellogg's, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by oscarandme; Mon, Mar 10th, 2014 at 11:52 PM.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Cp can be unpredictable to say the least. It happens and all of us here understand that. You are always so generous. As for the g/cs that really sucks i hardly do the shoppers promos cuz of it. Your rant remunds me i have 5c savings card for gas from pizza pizza in my car better check if it expired on me. Believee when i say it happens to the best of us. Xoxoxo

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
    oscarandme likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yes Oscar you are so kind -but it has happened to me too-once lost a 100.00 gift card in house when kids were teenagers -I cried over that one for a fancy restarant but then found it a year later in with xmas cards -lol
    -yes Canada post is hard to understand-I have had mail get to b.c in 2 days and around here longer-well I have an envie coming to you mailed yesterday
    Anna Michele and oscarandme like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I got a $10 gift card at Shoppers the other day with a short expiry and went right back in and spent it on yogurt etc because I was afraid I would forget about it in my wallet. So I can understand how frustrated you would feel to have gift cards expire.
    torontogal12 and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I know it stinks about the GC.Today i received a trade mailed in January most of the coupons expire the end of the month np for me
    oscarandme likes this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Horrible!!! I guess it is better to use them right away and put the substitute of cash away for a rainy day. I hate, hate gift and promo cards, specifically for this reason. I always feel like I will lose the $, whether from my own fault, or fraud, or expiry.
    Anna Michele and oscarandme like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    $I am such an idiot....

Rant number one:- I received the Windex promo for ($10.00) from a while back and thought I'll save for a rainy day...it rained...EXPIRED....

Rant number two:- I received one of the KELLOGGS gas cards ($5.00)a while ago...it rained...EXPIRED..

Rant number 3: Shoppers Drug mart promo: 2 yes 2 X $20.00 for Sunoco Gas and 2 X save (5 cents) on next fill-ups...it rained today...EXPIRED MARCH 9 ($40.00) Pooof -GONE....and 5 cents expire 13th...- DH not happy...(Why does SDM put such a short expiry-like a month???...come on...
    I need to read those cards, front an back and not wait for it to RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND

while I am here what is going on with the mail??? I mailed twice about 8 envelopes each time the last month and a bit and some members have not received them yet-the last mail-out was 2 weeks ago...several are ROAKS but a few were promisses... and the ROAKS..it sounds cheezy when you have to ask if the member received the envie when it was supposed to be a nice surprise then you just look like a creepy fictional mail stalker..

Anyone else sharing these let's call them "experiences"???? any advice if you called to try and reinstate??? any advice....

Thank you for your input... ( for a few members that know that I have been under the weather for the last few months and DH encourgaed me to get out and get some fresh air I gave it a good old college try to get up and out to do stuff and this is what I get rewarded with...) oye-yaye-yoye...I'd rather be sick...)Yuck!!!!
    If your Kelloggs gas card says 3/14 it expires March 31.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh thank you all members for the support. Lesson learned and DH will be there to remind me in case I forget. Yucky....

SO no more rainy days...do an about face and spend that sucker... man...

Thank you for the KELLOGGS idea..will check and see..a glimmer of hope...5.00 is 5.00 -Thank you everyone...(money huggs)..
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Do not sweat it, there are always promos and flyers here you can use to save. I thought there was something about the Canadian Government asking that the Gift Card have no expiry date on them? I have to check it out. Sorry to hear that your GC expired though.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I found it, but it is for Ontario only. here is the link to the full article: May 29, 2007 - (http://www.cbc.ca/news/ontario-bans-...dates-1.637201).

"Under a new consumer protection regulation, businesses in Ontario will have to eliminate expiry dates on gift cards — plastic cards loaded with cash value — as of October 1."

"Cash equivalent gift cards will never expire," Government Services Minister Gerry Phillips said on Tuesday in Toronto.
    "These changes the McGuinty government is bringing in are fair to the consumers and, I might add, fair to business. We're moving forward with our changes. We have had the support of a wide range of stakeholders, including the Consumers Council of Canada and the Retail Council of Canada."
    "Ontario is the first province in Canada to regulate gift cards. Manitoba is considering introducing similar legislation."
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Mike I love you...as luck would have it I am in Ontario, sorry other provinces...I'm sure it will come too..Thank you so very much for this information, there is some hope to stop this..It is turning consumers away. Thank you again for your time and sharing with
    us Mike Selmann.

Thread Information