User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Missing Malaysia Airlines

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Have you been following this story? what do you think happened?? My heart seriously breaks for people on the plane and those who knew them.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/10/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    madchives and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I've been following it since it happened, just so very bizarre that no trace of anything has been found.
    Also good news, hopefully, that it wasn't terrorism, but at least one of the men using the stolen passport was trying to emigrate illegally.

The two Canadians - Xiaomo Bai and Muktesh Mukherjee - heard an interview yesterday from one of their good friends from the US, who had just been visiting them a month ago. Their boys are 8 and 4.

madchives, DaveP and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

is so very creepy. hate to say they do seem to be gone, but why and how.
    DaveP and Anna Michele like this.
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Forty-one years ago, Muktesh's grandfather, Mohan Kumaramangalam, a steel and mines minister, who served under the late Indira Gandhi’s cabinet, was killed in a plane crash. His body would have been unidentifiable if it weren’t for a pen and hearing aid recognised by his family on him.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/family-brac...080414798.html

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I have been following or trying to follow this story its seem to be jsut a dead end, a few times they thought they found pieces of the jet, a life raft but that turned out to be moss covered garbage. It is so sad that such a short trip can end so tragically and affect so many lives.
    madchives, Natalka and DaveP like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

There is really so little to report, it's weird.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

ONe of the theories I've been reading is that a sudden decompression caused the passengers and crew to blackout and the autopilot continuing to fly the plane until the autocorrects couldn't function properly.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Malaysian military say missing jet way off course

Malaysia's military said Tuesday that a missing jet was hundreds of miles off course an hour after it vanished from civilian radar, deepening the mystery of what happened to the flight with 239 people aboard.Gen. Rodzali Daud told Malaysia's Berita Harian newspaper that military radar picked up the location of the Boeing 777 several hundred miles to the west of its intended flight path to Beijing.
    If accurate, that would mean the plane flew for about an hour away in the opposite direction of its flight path without communicating to civilian radar or radio communications.
    Malaysia Airlines said searchers were widening the scope of the search Tuesday to focus for the first time on Malaysia's western coast, though Daud would not say why the military was able to detect the plane and civilian authorities were not.
    An armada of ships and planes have been searching for wreckage of Flight 370 since it vanished from radar early Saturday.
    madchives likes this.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nuts how no one can find a satellite photo! surely it must be around
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Candini likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I think they are landed on some remote island... news said some relatives are calling cell phones and they are ringing then go to voice mail (will be above land , not submerged in water , still receiving reception) while others are not ringing at all.

Certainly very strange. The whole thing I find intriguing (not in a good way, but I`m defiantly interested in the outcome)
    Last edited by Candini; Tue, Mar 11th, 2014 at 09:19 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    ONe of the theories I've been reading is that a sudden decompression caused the passengers and crew to blackout and the autopilot continuing to fly the plane until the autocorrects couldn't function properly.

This happened to golfer Payne Stewart years ago. They traveled hundreds of miles
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This is a real mystery! What bothers me, among other things, is that the transponder was disabled! And apparently it takes a lot to accomplish that; it's not a matter of flipping a switch, but having to go to the back of the plane, as I understand it. Why would any pilot do that, except under duress, or if that pilot wanted to divert the plane himself for some reason.
    I'm almost inclined to believe that plane has landed somewhere. Maybe it's wishful thinking...it would have to be a large enough landing strip, which would mean in a country that could build such a strip. But what large strip would keep such a secret? Planes break up crashing into a sea; there would be debris, fuel, oil....but nothing? T'is a real mystery, and no black box to tell anyone what really happened....

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by madchives View Post
    nuts how no one can find a satellite photo! surely it must be around
    It's needle in a haystck time...while 777's look big on the ground , once they are over a large body of water they are fairly small and hard to define on those kind of opticssince they tend to be more intereasted in land based imagry that vast swathes of ocean.
    Insane likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    This is a real mystery! What bothers me, among other things, is that the transponder was disabled! And apparently it takes a lot to accomplish that; it's not a matter of flipping a switch, but having to go to the back of the plane, as I understand it. Why would any pilot do that, except under duress, or if that pilot wanted to divert the plane himself for some reason.
    I'm almost inclined to believe that plane has landed somewhere. Maybe it's wishful thinking...it would have to be a large enough landing strip, which would mean in a country that could build such a strip. But what large strip would keep such a secret? Planes break up crashing into a sea; there would be debris, fuel, oil....but nothing? T'is a real mystery, and no black box to tell anyone what really happened....

Is it possible for a modern commercial airplane (namely Boeing 777) to stop being tracked without substantial mechanical failure?

eta...even though the officals knew the area in which the Air France 447 disappeared , it still took soeme time to recover the Black Box recorders after several bodies had been found.
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Tue, Mar 11th, 2014 at 10:38 PM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information