• 1 Post By sun_shine
  • 2 Post By luckbealady
  • 1 Post By scouponer
  • 1 Post By sun_shine

Thread: SDM's "mobile coupouns"

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I didn't understand Shwa Girl's comment about being so angry you could "spit bullets" until this moment! I live in one of the 2 cities where SDM's mobile Optimum is available to use, and I have been having problems all along with getting cashiers to accept the coupons right off of the app. They are constantly telling me that I need to print the coupons, they can't accept them off of the app, etc., even when I show them the 'legal information' where it tells the cashier how to input the coupon. They have always accepted them, but always as if they are doing me a huge favour. I just went in to one of their stores that I don't regularly go to, but I was in the area. They told me that they can't accept it, I showed them the legal info, and the cashier still said no. She called her manager for me, and I showed her the same legal info, said that I have used mobile coupons in the past, as recently as last week, even in THIS STORE! The cashier (who was helping the next customer by this time) felt the need to pipe in with "not at THIS store, you didn't!" So not only was I called a liar, but it was right in front of another customer! I walked out of the store so angry that I was almost in tears! I have written head office an email, including the cashier's name. I have never complained about somebody by name before as I have worked in customer service and realize that sometimes people have bad days. However, when the manager was already dealing with the situation, there was absolutely NO reason for the cashier to involve herself in it any more, especially not in front of other customers. I am still angry and feel so upset and embarassed that I will likely never step foot in this SDM again. I also told them how much I love the mobile app, but that if cashiers aren't going to accept the mobile coupons, their stores will see far less traffic from me because I hate having to print the coupons, especially knowing that there is an easier option available.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    niro_anan likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's ridiculous! They only rolled out the program in 2 cities - how can the staff be so poorly trained and informed?? And this isn't even new, it's been going on for a few months!
    niro_anan and sun_shine like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That sucks! Which shoppers? Was it Oxford and Hyde park? I have had more than one run in with them there. And to be fair, I have had a few good experiences too. You never know what is going to happen!
    sun_shine likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    That sucks! Which shoppers? Was it Oxford and Hyde park? I have had more than one run in with them there. And to be fair, I have had a few good experiences too. You never know what is going to happen!
    No, I don't often go to that one either but went twice this week with my mobile coupons and while they weren't sure how to do it they followed the instructions I had offered without issue. This experience was at Cherryhill, which is surprising due to how many of their shoppers are seniors. I just hope they get better treatment than I did.

Luckbealady, I agree! This has been out for months and staff need to be better aware of it if they plan to keep the program. I really hope they do, as aside from cashiers not knowing about it, it is great. The only other issue is I only get 3 coupons on the app each week but still get the same ones plus more in my email.
    niro_anan likes this.

Thread Information