User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Facebook Dare to Bare

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't understand what wearing no makeup has to do with cancer. Or anything else like this that people post for cancer awareness. We're all aware of cancer, if I see someone's makeup-free face I'm not going to go "WHAAAAAAT? Cancer? What is cancer? I MUST BECOME AWARE OF IT".

The donating thing is a nice idea, despite makeupless pictures having nothing to do with cancer, but that gets lost in translation and the entire point is moot.

At the end of the day it just turns into another way for people to be vain on facebook. Facebook is 80% vanity and self-importance, and 20% dumb games and annoying apps.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I don't understand what wearing no makeup has to do with cancer. Or anything else like this that people post for cancer awareness. We're all aware of cancer, if I see someone's makeup-free face I'm not going to go "WHAAAAAAT? Cancer? What is cancer? I MUST BECOME AWARE OF IT".

The donating thing is a nice idea, despite makeupless pictures having nothing to do with cancer, but that gets lost in translation and the entire point is moot.

At the end of the day it just turns into another way for people to be vain on facebook. Facebook is 80% vanity and self-importance, and 20% dumb games and annoying apps.
    Best reply of the whole thread.Kudos to you. Facebook has brought narcissism to a new level.
    Crochetlady and MillieH like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post

The other one I feel strongly about is the change your FB avatar to a cartoon for X length of time to stop child abuse..

I'm pretty sure that 98+% of the adult population KNOWS child abuse is bad and I can't imagine how seeing a cartoon is going to make those out-liers sudddenly have a change of hart on the subject as most siomply don't understand wnat they are doing is wrong..( "Well, I was beated with a wooden paddle and turned out OKay..so it must work!") or simply don't care..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information