User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Facebook Dare to Bare

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

If I see one more no makeup picture on Facebook I'm going to scream. I'm not sure the purpose of posting these pictures besides testing your "friends" to see who will post. Right now my news feeds is full of these no makeup pictures and oddly enough most start with saying they normally don't wear makeup, their husband finds them beautiful without. Personally I don't care if you don't wear makeup, I don't care if you cake it, I don't care if your husband prefers your without makeup. Stop posting these pictures!

Ahhh sometime you just need to vent
    This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty
    Get Motivated, get Inspired, get FIT - Follow me ~ https://www.facebook.com/ForeverFITCourtney/

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I agree!!! And those stupid things women post in their status claiming it's for breast cancer awareness. I saw a status earlier saying something like "how come nobody's ever around when I'm horny?" and then later on in the comments she said that it's for breast cancer awareness. How is it for breast cancer awareness if nobody knows what it's supposed to mean?! I don't understand
    DolceBella and Anna Michele like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

People seem to be making up there own reasoning for doing this. None of which make sense.
    Lets all just admit that someone started this and way too many people are following in line, unaware of its purpose (if there is one)
    Anna Michele and sun_shine like this.
    Get Motivated, get Inspired, get FIT - Follow me ~ https://www.facebook.com/ForeverFITCourtney/

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I agree. Bring awareness to cancer by donating, volunteering, participating in and promoting events, not by posting stupid things on Facebook and claiming it's for awareness
    DianneS, DolceBella and beecameron like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I think that the original concept for the no makeup selfies is to illustrate that women are beautiful no matter what. Many times cancer patients may feel that they are losing their beauty throughout the illness with the loss of hair and such and it is to show that those things don't matter and we are beautiful in our most natural form. While I don't appreciate all of the no makeup selfies clogging up my news feeds and the lack of many to acknowledge that the purpose of said pictures are for breast cancer awareness, the campaign has been successful in raising over $3 million for breast cancer research. Unfortunately it seems that many are now just posting narcissistic pictures wearing no makeup to see how many likes they can get but I do know a lot of people that have been donating to cancer research after being part of the campaign.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Actually according to the news article I read this had nothing to do with cancer when it first started but it somehow got connected to it and then the cancer society jumped on the band wagon

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Complaining, you are seriously complaint about this?
    It is awesome that so many woman are showing their bare faces, their natural beauty.
    So many negative people in this world, complaining about everything. Even something that is positive.
    Wether people donate to cancer or not, why are you so negative? You'll probably never ever know who, where, what, when or why this started, but don't bring down something that is positive.
    filza and lghend like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it's overall a pretty positive thing. After all the message it's supposed to send is absolutely wonderful. Only individuals know their reasons for posting their pic. Hopefully their hearts are in the right place even if their delivery might seem a bit off. But I see it as a very positive thing overall.
    Brooke_, luckbealady and lghend like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood1818 View Post
    Actually according to the news article I read this had nothing to do with cancer when it first started but it somehow got connected to it and then the cancer society jumped on the band wagon
    You're right, the trend is reported to have started shortly after U.S. author Laura Lippman tweeted a photo of herself without makeup in support of actress Kim Novak after she was being criticzed for her appearance at the Academy Awards. The photo was supposed to be showing that women are beautiful no matter what because Lippman was receiving comments such as, "what happened to her face?" and "she used to be so beautiful, what happened?"... After that the photos of bare faced women became a trend and it was later linked to breast cancer awareness with people "nominating" their friends to post pictures of themselves au natural. I think how or where along the lines these trends collided is irrelevant given the fact that through social media 3 million has been raised and put towards a good cause. Although I don't particularly like the high volume of photos on my social media sites, I'm more than willing to accept it because it is for charity (whether people choose to donate or not)

lghend likes this.

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke_ View Post
    It is awesome that so many woman are showing their bare faces, their natural beauty.
    So many negative people in this world, complaining about everything. Even something that is positive.
    Wether people donate to cancer or not, why are you so negative? You'll probably never ever know who, where, what, when or why this started, but don't bring down something that is positive.
    I agree 1000% We live in a society where so much importance is placed upon looking perfect. I think it is wonderful that people have the courage to post pictures of themselves, however insecure they may be, showing their natural beauty. Kudos to everyone that does it.
    filza, samm07, Brooke_ and 2 others like this.
    FT: TONS of $1 Unilever Icecream,including BREYERS! EXP: AUG 31ST!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke_ View Post
    Absolutely I'm complaining about this. I'm far from a negative person, but just like everyone now and then there are things that may bother us. Hence why this section was created. I have no problem with people trying to show their natural beauty. The majority of people posting pictures look just as great without makeup as with. I'm simply saying that it's frustrating to none stop see these pictures without a reason. If it is actually for cancer awareness that's great and I hope in the end it helps. I just feel that most people are not doing it in support of that or anything for that matter.

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DolceBella View Post
    Absolutely I'm complaining about this. I'm far from a negative person, but just like everyone now and then there are things that may bother us. Hence why this section was created. I have no problem with people trying to show their natural beauty. The majority of people posting pictures look just as great without makeup as with. I'm simply saying that it's frustrating to none stop see these pictures without a reason. If it is actually for cancer awareness that's great and I hope in the end it helps. I just feel that most people are not doing it in support of that or anything for that matter.
    Some people you just want to shake and say "wake up!", your logic is not logical. Why do they need a reason to show their natural beauty? Why does something you don't have to look at bother you? How could you let something like woman showing themselves without makeup "frustrate" you? I'm just trying to help you understand that you're being incredibly silly. I guess you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Shucks.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I think that it's great to feel comfortable and to show that beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, all colours, all styles, and that we as women don't need to feel like we need to wear makeup to be beautiful. I absolutely agree with that. However, depending on the friends you see on your list and the pictures that they post, I can see where OP is coming from in that some people are drawing away from the positive message that should be coming from it. Again, everybody should be free to post whatever they want to on their Facebook, including as many pictures of themselves as they want to, but I am seeing people on my friends list posting inappropriate pictures and claiming it's to raise awareness for breast cancer; that's where my annoyance of this whole thing comes from, people who are adding "to raise awareness for breast cancer" onto any inappropriate status, picture or video that they post as if that should change the way it is perceived by others
    DolceBella and Brooke_ like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just disable your newsfeed on Facebook. I did and if someone posts too many things that show up on my page, I just change my settings for that person. I'm tempted to open another FB account, add nobody to it, and just post whatever I want, whenever I want, without people passing judgement.
    keeko1 and sun_shine like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I would say that over 95 % of any photo of me is make-up-free since I rarely wear any . I don't care if people post make-up-free selfies, high;y made-up selfies . pictures pf their kids, pets, lunch etc..

However any time the bracolour/shoe-size/bag/ girls only breast cancer things go round it annoys me on 2 levels. 1 being that is supposed to be a Super Sekrit Ladies only joke and 2 is that it doesn't provide information to either of it's target audiences since men can get breast cancer too and tend to be diagonsed at a much later and less treatable stage.
    luckbealady and sun_shine like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information