User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Facebook Dare to Bare

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i got nominated for this and told my sister ha! no makeup selfie? not me. i know my limits lmfao
    DolceBella and Cata like this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

the male version for cancer awareness is much crazier! not to sure i can even post it here lol.
    krysta lynne and DolceBella like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

It bothers me when people complain about Facebook trends. I love the no make up selfie! If sonething bugs me I keep scrolling. You can also block and delete people, and unfollow posts.

Sorry but someone on my Facebook made the same complaint. To put down women for doing something positive baffles me.
    Tinkerbella likes this.

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke_ View Post
    Some people you just want to shake and say "wake up!", your logic is not logical. Why do they need a reason to show their natural beauty? Why does something you don't have to look at bother you? How could you let something like woman showing themselves without makeup "frustrate" you? I'm just trying to help you understand that you're being incredibly silly. I guess you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Shucks.
    I think OP may be missing the whole point of this.

Edit: But no need for shaking people. Not everyone sees things with the same point of view. You know it is a beautiful and brave thing to do, that's what counts
    Last edited by Tinkerbella; Mon, Mar 24th, 2014 at 07:15 PM.
    FT: TONS of $1 Unilever Icecream,including BREYERS! EXP: AUG 31ST!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke_ View Post
    Some people you just want to shake and say "wake up!", your logic is not logical. Why do they need a reason to show their natural beauty? Why does something you don't have to look at bother you? How could you let something like woman showing themselves without makeup "frustrate" you? I'm just trying to help you understand that you're being incredibly silly. I guess you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Shucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbella View Post
    Agreed, I think OP may be missing the whole point of this.
    I don't think I'm missing anything! I am NOT putting down women for not wearing makeup, I'm not against raising money or awareness for a great cause. I have no problem with people showing their natural beauty. I clearly am having to look at this as NUMEROUS people are posting these pictures. Clearly we are on two very different sides here, but to say that I need to be shaken and told to wake up and that I'm being incredibly silly is plain and simply RUDE. We can have two different opinions, that's fine. I will definitely think twice before posting something in this section again.
    Get Motivated, get Inspired, get FIT - Follow me ~ https://www.facebook.com/ForeverFITCourtney/

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

I should have clarified, I do not think you need to be shook. I am just confused as to why you would be frustrated. That's all. However, you are entitled to your emotions and opinions. I just wish you saw the beauty in the whole thing, that's all.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Interesting enough, my "local" news did a little clip on this last night. They said it came out of the UK - the problem is that you're not supposed to just post a make-up free selfie, you're also supposed to donate to a cancer research charity and spread the message that it's for cancer awareness.
    DolceBella, Candini and sun_shine like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbella View Post
    I should have clarified, I do not think you need to be shook. I am just confused as to why you would be frustrated. That's all. However, you are entitled to your emotions and opinions. I just wish you saw the beauty in the whole thing, that's all.
    It's a rant section. OP was ranting. End of story. There are many shapes and forms of rants here, most people are not judged for them. Not sure why this particular rant was chosen to get picked on.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    It's a rant section. OP was ranting. End of story. There are many shapes and forms of rants here, most people are not judged for them. Not sure why this particular rant was chosen to get picked on.
    Nicely said!!I'm thinking OP is getting picked on by people that posted their au naturel selfies...just saying. Face Book trends annoy me in general, actually facebook annoys me, I am very choosy who I friend because I dont' want all the drama and crap.My neighbor who is constantly posting pictures of produce she buys at the farmers market...not my facebook friend anymore.
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Tue, Mar 25th, 2014 at 01:17 AM.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Interesting enough, my "local" news did a little clip on this last night. They said it came out of the UK - the problem is that you're not supposed to just post a make-up free selfie, you're also supposed to donate to a cancer research charity and spread the message that it's for cancer awareness.

You are. I think this got lost in translation some how as I saw people on my feed holding money + their makeup free selfie and a comment about the donation part. Others posted just the selfie with no mention of donating money.

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

I am sorry you feel picked on. Perhaps the people who posted selfies feel picked on too?

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Good point. However, I am not judging her, I am simply expressing my opinion as well. Anyway, let's not let it get out of hand. Sorry OP if I offended you.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

yup getting bored of them too.. same with the "i won $7000 lotto ticket" posts... beh but i guess thats what facebook is.. a way to share info and annoy your friends and acquaintances and for companies to secretly market to you without you noticing
    DolceBella likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Facebook used to be fun, now I find it annoying. Way too many "challenges" and meme's and freaking recipes. It's FACEBOOK, not the cooking network! I deleted my facebook back in the summer, but my husband shows me all the garbage on his account. What's with all those silly challenges anyway - it's like a modern day chain letter. Makes me think Facebook is for followers. Break the cycle, people!
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

This is why I don`t do the friends thing on facebook. I really don`t see what the big deal is about going make up free. I haven`t worn any in years.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information