User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Save-On's Sweet "More Rewards" Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

OK, now that many Safeway's have converted to Save-Ons and have fully disappeared on Vancouver Island a few people are asking if I can do the same thing for Save-On as we've been doing on the "Safeway's Sweet Airmiles Deals thread.

I'll be a bit slow to get this up and running but I will say:

Buy this week's Carnation canned milk Buy 3 Get 2,000 Smucker's coupon offer in the flyer. Even better if you have coupons!!!!!!

If the flyer coupon comes up "Invalid" get them to key your points in manually. You might get a surprise. (No guarantees)
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles, Safeway
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

TRAITOR!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Delurking to say..
    Yessss!!!

and Thanks!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

TRAITOR!
    Tommy,

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

Not to worry, I'll still be keeping the Safeway thread going. I want that millionth hit!!!!!!!!!!! And BOO better take notice!
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Wonder if we can do the carnation combination more than once?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Thank goodness! I've never really liked Save-On. (Not that Safeway was any better, but the AM kept it interesting!) Wasn't sure what I would do without my weekly OB hit. Now I can learn the ways of Save-On and get my Bob fix. Teach me O-B Wan Kenobi! Enlighten my mind and my wallet!
    operabob, coley3 and kk008 like this.

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

That is a good idea, Bob. By the way, you do need the coupon from the flyer to get the points. And besides milk, Robin Hood Flour, Crisco Shortening and Oil, Stevia in the Raw are also included products.
    Any one knows which store has coupons for these products?
    operabob and coley3 like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

OK, I'll reveal this now then as it's near the end of the weekly flyer and it's likely not to get changed before you've all had your shot.

1. Use the B3G2000 coupon in the flyer (yes you need it to get the bonus points).

2. When I used it on 3 tins of milk the cash register kept saying "Invalid Coupon" so the cashier called the manager over.

3. She told him it had been showing up as Invalid often and thought maybe you were supposed to buy the flour as part of the offer. However, as it didn't say that on the coupon they're accepting it on the milk only.

4. They keyed in the 2,000 pts. by hand.

5. When I checked the bill later it showed 4,000 pts. (On a $3.50 spend that's worth about $9 to me on a ferry ticket).

It would seem that despite saying "Invalid" it still credited the 2,000 pts. (plus the 2,000 keyed in by hand).

Whether it'll work for you I can't say.

Don't know if it'll do multiples like Safeway, for exmple Buy 6 Milk and automatically get 2 x 2,000?????

The Buy $15 on tinned fruit etc. and Get 3,000 pts. offer seems to be pretty good too.
    Last edited by operabob; Sun, Mar 30th, 2014 at 07:40 PM.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    324 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    OK, now that many Safeway's have converted to Save-Ons and have fully disappeared on Vancouver Island a few people are asking if I can do the same thing for Save-On as we've been doing on the "Safeway's Sweet Airmiles Deals thread.

I'll be a bit slow to get this up and running but I will say:

Buy this week's Carnation canned milk Buy 3 Get 2,000 Smucker's coupon offer in the flyer. Even better if you have coupons!!!!!!

If the flyer coupon comes up "Invalid" get them to key your points in manually. You might get a surprise. (No guarantees)

Price Smart was cleared as of today. Hoping to find at other locations.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    324 (100%)

OK, I'll reveal this now then as it's near the end of the weekly flyer and it's likely not to get changed before you've all had your shot.

1. Use the B3G2000 coupon in the flyer (yes you need it to get the bonus points).

2. When I used it on 3 tins of milk the cash register kept saying "Invalid Coupon" so the cashier called the manager over.

3. She told him it had been showing up as Invalid often and thought maybe you were supposed to buy the flour as part of the offer. However, as it didn't say that on the coupon they're accepting it on the milk only.

4. They keyed in the 2,000 pts. by hand.

5. When I checked the bill later it showed 4,000 pts. (On a $3.50 spend that's worth about $9 to me on a ferry ticket).

It would seem that despite saying "Invalid" it still credited the 2,000 pts. (plus the 2,000 keyed in by hand).

Whether it'll work for you I can't say.

Don't know if it'll do multiples like Safeway, for exmple Buy 6 Milk and automatically get 2 x 2,000?????

The Buy $15 on tinned fruit etc. and Get 3,000 pts. offer seems to be pretty good too.

it should work on multiples in one transaction too, only if we can find some...

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

if we can find some...
    Does Save-On do rain checks like Safeway?
    coley3 likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does Save-On do rain checks like Safeway?
    yes they do rain checks, with no limits

the best thing about Save On is that store and manufacturer coupons count towards total spend when earning bonus points for spending x amount - it doesn't show on the register but the receipts show the sub-total before coupons so you really have to know your running total
    operabob, coley3 and jezz like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Was just looking at some of the values on Gift Cards at the More Rewards site. The average looks to be around 1000pts = $2 (I'll calculate a full average later).

However, I also looked at the hotels offered checking on values. I all cases they offer 1) a full point exchange for gift cards and 2) a cash + point exchange.

In all cases, except one (Accent Inns) you can get a much better value with the cash + points option.

Accent Inns $75 Gift Card

Free with 32,000 points

OR
    only $45 plus 15,000 points
    View Product Info

Best Western $50 Travel Card

Free with 27,000 points

OR
    only $40 plus 3,000 points
    View Product Info

Coast Hotels $100 Gift Certificate

Free with 36,000 points

OR
    only $80 plus 4,000 points
    View Product Info

Marriott $75 TravelCard

Free with 38,000 points

OR
    only $49 plus 13,000 points
    View Product Info

Sparkling Hill Resort $100 Gift Card

Free with 36,000 points

OR
    only $75 plus 5,000 points
    View Product Info

The Sandman Hotel Group $50 Gift Certificate

Free with 26,000 points

OR
    only $35 plus 3,300 points
    View Product Info
    *Additional taxes, services fees, and/or environmental handling fees may apply.

a) The first set of numbers below are the value of the card divided by the total number of More pts. to buy it

b) The second set is the dollar savings divided by the More pts. needed to opt for the cash + points option.

If b) is higher than a) then you're getting better value for your points by opting for the cash + points option.

What can't be determined is the quality & dollar cost of the hotel. Best Western, which has a good points program of it's own is a more expensive gift card ($1.85/1000 pts) but Coast is a more expensive hotel. However, the better value on the Coast gift cards ($2.77/1,000 pts.) might offset the price difference. It's something everyone has to decide for themselves. (The cash + points option also favours Coast $5.00/1,000 vs. $3.33/1,000).

1. Accent Inns $75/32,000 = a)$2.34/1,000 pts vs b)$30/15,000 = $2.00/1,000 pts

2. Best Western $50 GC/27,000 = a) $1.85/1000pts vs b) $10/3,000 = $3.33/1000 pts.

3. Coast Hotels a) $100 GC/36,000 $2.77/1000pts vs b) $20/4,000 = $5/1,000 pts

4. Marriott a)$75/38,000 = $1.97/1000 pts vs. b)$26/13,000 pts = $2/1,000 pts

5. Sparkling Hill Resort a) $100/36,000 = $2.77/1,000 pts. vs. b) $25/5,000 = $5/1,000 pts.

6. Sandman Hotels a) $50/26,000 = $1.92/1,000 pts. vs. b) $15/3,300 = $4.55/1,000 pts.

Also, I don't know if there are any charges/fees to purchase a full or cash + points offer.
    Last edited by operabob; Mon, Mar 31st, 2014 at 12:38 AM.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

yes they do rain checks, with no limits

the best thing about Save On is that store and manufacturer coupons count towards total spend when earning bonus points for spending x amount - it doesn't show on the register but the receipts show the sub-total before coupons so you really have to know your running total
    Rumour has it Save-On is bringing back price matching soon in the face of Wally World's & Tar- Jeh's policies.
    coley3, LIVE SIMPLE and jezz like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today, in one transaction, I purchased 12 cans of evaporated milk. I used 4 coupons (buy 3 cans, save $1). My total bill was $14 and I gained 8000 points. I then redeemed 8000 points for a purdys chocolates $20 gift card.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information